Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Vote - Best Trance Album ever ???

You're right!!! It's suppose to be out in June but it just fell in my lap somehow. A early birthday gift from my bf.

It's the BOMB!!!!! Soooooo gooooood.

Trancenergy, as for his 60 mintue mix . .. ummm . .. which one? I have so many.

BlueAngel

------------------

Music is the language of souls . . .

I think 'Tranceport' is the best album/mix that Oaky put together but its still not as good as PvD's (I've seen Oaky many times and I don't like his vibes...he's way too dark for me). Sasha has a great album too the Digital Underground SF: espacially disc 2 (the breeder song 'the chain' is awesome!) But the edge goes to PvD's Seven Ways...old but I feel its still one of the best

------------------

Guest crystalmethodny

Personally,

I'm more of a House music fan... but when it comes to Trance, I'm particularly fond of BT's Ima. I suppose I'm just a patriot. wink.gif

-CM

------------------

The source experience: Different Journey.

This one:

7568.JPG

It's early Trance, this album went out in 1992 or 1993. It's between Techno and Trance. It's dark, pumpin' and beautiful. It is one of my favourite dance music album.

Check it out.

(Maybe I'm not a reference because I HATE 90% of the Trance that went out in the last 5 years)

Plur

Joël S.

------------------

Wizard,

I believe that music is meant to be shared by all!! I'm not too knowledged about how to transfer music but I'll ask my bf and definately get back to you. Okay?

Originally posted by wizard:

blueangel, here's an idea...

put that "out there and back" cd into napster and let me download it from you....lol

it was worth a shot anyway...

biggrin.gif

------------------

S&D's first Northern exposure is prob my favorite. The west coast edition was hte first one I bought and holds special memories, but the north and south set are incredible. I'd still like to get my hands on Renaissance 1 and 2 and Diggers Journey by Djs cds

Tranceport by oakey? It sounds very dated to me and the mixing is very minimal. The new sony cd player could automix it better. I'd like to check out oakey's oslo and goa mixes

------------------

Originally posted by Randy:

Tranceport by oakey? It sounds very dated to me and the mixing is very minimal. The new sony cd player could automix it better.

Are you kidding me ??? Have you ever heard Traceport ? Oakenfold has been DJing for 20 years now, mixing is something he is known for. I would suggest that you go listen o the CD before you make a comment like that.

PS. I just got my hands on "Out there and Back" I will give u a review once I listen to it.

------------------

Listen to it? yeah, I've done that. My sister has the cd. Perhaps the reason why the songs don't sound dated to everyone is because he still plays them! If you pay attention to the actual mixes on the cd you will find that they aren't very long, 30 seconds for most of them. Oakey may be number 1 in the dj mag poll, but the poll is just a popularity contest. I'm not saying that those that rank high in the polls aren't good, but his popularity is a few notches ahead of his output. He used to be good, but he sorta cashed out. Bullet in the gun is a prime example of that. I heard him play last fall and havea few live sets of his and am not that impressed with his current style. Current I must say, cuz I see his current playlists.

------------------

Guest blckraven

I'm def fun of the gatecrasher series. I'm also in love with all the Magik series from Dj Tiesto. I can't pick a fav album. Don't forget the Euphoria Cds all 4 of them kick serious ass.

Did someone mention Paul Jokenfold ?? ewwwww

------------------

Now, now baby. . . let's play nice. Stop making fun of other people's name. It's Paul Hoaxenfold . . . silly, everybody knows that. =P

Originally posted by blckraven:

I'm def fun of the gatecrasher series. I'm also in love with all the Magik series from Dj Tiesto. I can't pick a fav album. Don't forget the Euphoria Cds all 4 of them kick serious ass.

Did someone mention Paul Jokenfold ?? ewwwww

------------------

I know I have mentioned it already but Slipstream by J Scott G is on point. It is a bit different. I have yet to hear a 2cd mix which is on all the way through. There is always one disc which is much better than the other. I need to check out that PVD stuff.

------------------

Even though I mostly stick to trance-house, if I had to choose from a strictly trance CD I would have to say the following in no particular order:

1. Euphoria Collection - mixed by Matt Darey

2. PVD - Out There and Back

3. Kimball Collins - ICU

4. Gatecrasher - new one w/ Pink & Yellow cover (can't remember the name)

5. Oakey - Transport

And by the way, for Wizard who was asking about the PVD CD, if you email me I'll tell you where you can download the CD from w/o any hassle (NAPSTER sucks!)

------------------