Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Someone assasinate David Marvisi! Bring back Gatien!

Guest crystalmethodny

Guest crystalmethodny

Sorry,

Just wanted to stir up some trouble. wink.gif

------------------

"We're going to build things up slowly... are you with me? Here we go."

Guest crystalmethodny

Yeah...

Gatien might be an ass too, but damn, he did care for his parties and they were legendary.

So props to Peter.

Marvisi is just a greedy asshead.

------------------

Originally posted by kitty19:

Marvisi- owner of Exit/Spa

Gatien- owner of Tunnel/Limelight

i am all for the revival of the tunnel. come on Gatien, get off of your ass and do something!

Gatien - also the owner of the Palladium & Club USA (R.I.P x 2)

------------------

...Ph0eniX

The way parties are scheduled at Tunnel & Limelight, it seems that Gatien is just milking them using one-off parties until they eventually get closed down.

As for Marvisi, I recently experienced his greed first-hand. We threw a good trance party at his VIP Champagne Room. Although we brought in close to 300 people every time, we never got paid for what we deserve. We killed the party after 4 weeks.

Currently, I prefer to throw my parties at smaller mid-sized venues, where we have incredible music (trance & house) from great DJs (David Hollands, Stymie, Pete "Shaker" Bones, Billy Shane, etc.), great vibe from a quality downtown/club/industry crowd & a reasonable admission price ($5-$10).

Anyone wishing to come to my parties to check it out or for more info, pls. e-mail me at Rogue_Nova@yahoo.com

Cheers.

R

i think i night have to defend david on this topic

sure he is greety but i think he puts a ton of $$ into exit...

every week there is something new that place.. he paints the club a different color every week.. he puts a ton of work into it

and this saturday @ like 5:30am @ exit the place is emptying out and who is sitting on top the dj booth throwing down EXIT shirts to the crowd??

david

------------------

0asisnyc.8m.com

(oasis9389@aol.com)

Originally posted by oasis:

i think i night have to defend david on this topic

sure he is greety but i think he puts a ton of $$ into exit...

every week there is something new that place.. he paints the club a different color every week.. he puts a ton of work into it

and this saturday @ like 5:30am @ exit the place is emptying out and who is sitting on top the dj booth throwing down EXIT shirts to the crowd??

david

Richard Grant does the same thing at Sound Factory.. He changes the atmosphere every week ( or 2 ), and definatly puts a lot of money, and hard work into his club.. He also is on the greedy side, but that just goes to show that most club owners are.. smile.gif He's also there 6am.. Look into the dj booth when Jonathan is playing vocals, and you'll see Richard sitting right next to him drinking coffee.. smile.gif

------------------

F U...

I don't have too much to say about Gatien except the tunnel was always the bomb back in the day. I loved that place. But, whoever runs Twilo is definately a greedy bastard. Anyone (Twilo) who advertises $25 w/o flyer, $20 with, and then changes it too $35 w/o flyer, $30 with, just because there is a long line outside, is a greedy fuck. I had a flyer dated for the night I was there that said $20 with flyer, and even after talking/argueing with 4 different door men, they still wouldn't let me in for $20.

Twilo sucks ass even though they have some great DJ's and an awesome sound system. They're just lucky that the B/T don't really know any better. OK, I'm done bitchin'.

------------------

BAC

If a man does not keep pace with his companions,

perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer.

David may be all about the money, but you've got to give it to him that on his birthday a few weeks back he let ladies in for free all night long!!

I know a couple of the bartenders there and for the manager's birthday, he flew the staff of Exit down to South Beach for a weekend of fun and took them out to the Keys on his yacht. I knew I should have gotten a job there!

See what our $25 cover and drink money goes toward funding...Damn, it must be good to have that kind of cash!!

Guest crystalmethodny

Wiz,

I'll give you something to choke already.

Fiznag.

-CM

------------------

Dave spent alot of money to open/build Exit. He worked hard and laid out the money to do it. Every club owner has a tendency to be a little greedy with money, remember if Rudy G's posse comes knocking on the door - the owner pay's the fines, lawywers, and the bills. Look what happened to Gatien. Rich from SF was going to renovate, but didn't because of money. If a club owner jacks you for money leave and bring your crowd elsewhere.

Guest crystalmethodny

Wow,

You guys take it so literal! Glad to stir up controversy!

Personally, I think Exit is an incredible space all in its own. I'll give him credit, the club is gorgeous, the laser lights are intense, yadda yadda yadda...

------------------

Guest clubkid77

Originally posted by crystalmethodny:

Wow,

You guys take it so literal! Glad to stir up controversy!

Personally, I think Exit is an incredible space all in its own. I'll give him credit, the club is gorgeous, the laser lights are intense, yadda yadda yadda...

Actually... the lighting at exit is the sttandard "RoboScan/Mightyscan/Martin MX whatevers" they are scanner type lights the only diference between makes and modeles are the number of gobo's, number of colors, and degree of rotation.... tunnel's main dancefloor is full of them, however the effect is somewhat diminished because they are not fired from so high up, like in exit. They tend to be firered directly down towards the floor, and look therefore like parcans and pinspots... But at about 4:00am till whenever when tweety is runnin the lights at tunnel the mainfloor is intence. The only NYC club i have seen a true lazer show at is the ocational laser show at twilo. I'm actualy suprised not many clubs have installed a permanent set up cuz moboscan sells a 14head lazer show system like the ones you see at twilo ocationaly for about 4-5K... of cource if you want the higher intensity 10-30mW systems you need a licence ant upwards of 100K for the show but that is far more than needed for a nice lazer set up at a club.

Guest crystalmethodny

Good call,

TWILO does a sick laser affect system occasionally. Been there when Junior's had them, and that was just insane.

Man, I've been missing out.

------------------

I haven't seen the laser show at EXIT since January when I started going there. Otherwise, the other effects are amazing. Specially, that kick-ass Hydrogen system. When that thing goes off with the sound it makes, trust me--you feel it. Anyway, the lights are great, the rooftop is beautiful and the club is kicking. Can't complain with that club. Im easily satisfied.

Clubkid - Pretty cool. You need State Variancing papers for a laser over 4.95mw.

Exit's light show however is a very exspenive light show. Mainly HES Intellabeams, Studio Washes, AF1000 Data Flashes. I would say Exit could through in some more rotating heads and use the laser more often. Peace.

The laser used at twilo is 10 watts, yes 10 watts, maybe its 15, i forget. Anyhow, it is safe for us because teh beanm is cut so many times.

Basically, the system is way more than any club could afford. I wouldn't doubt it would cost 80 grand to install

Actually,,,is it Nitrogen?? Yup, that's it. That's what I meant. Anyway, I'll take the Nitrogen system anytime. KICK-ASS. Specially, when it's really hot in the middle of the dance floor and it comes on. So refreshing. Clouds up everything in front of you. Plus that noise, so dramatic.

EXIT gets a 10 from me. I love that place.

Guest clubkid77

Originally posted by turntable:

Actually,,,is it Nitrogen?? Yup, that's it. That's what I meant. Anyway, I'll take the Nitrogen system anytime. KICK-ASS. Specially, when it's really hot in the middle of the dance floor and it comes on. So refreshing. Clouds up everything in front of you. Plus that noise, so dramatic.

EXIT gets a 10 from me. I love that place.

OK i dont think its nitrogen either...

Firstly if they had a big tank of N up in the rafters and let it loose on the crowd the Nitrogen would instantly combine with available oxygen, forming some interesting gasses, like:

N2O - Nitrous Oxide - laughing gas (fun but flamable)

NO2 - Nitrogen Dioxide - this will kill you

NO - Nitric Oxide probably not to good for you either

so what we learned here is if exit released nitrogen into the club we would all be wasted on laughin gass, a rather large fireball would erupt and we would all die from nitrogen dioxide poisioning.