Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What's your TOP 5 strongest Drinks?

There is only one (apart from champagne which enters the blood stream faster because of the carbonation)

which is Absinthe, you cannot buy it here but you can import it ($40 a bottle). You caramelize a sugar cube on a spoon and mix it with Absinthe and water. It's not only really strong but it has an active ingredient (wormwood) that is surpassed to be mildly hallucinogenic.

try http://www.absinthe4u.co.uk/absinthe.htm to get hold of some... but dont blame me if it messes you up!!

------------------

I want to go out blazing not fade away.

top.gif

[This message has been edited by back2basics (edited 06-28-2000).]

Yeah one time this old greek guy at this wedding i was at, told me to drink this! I said what the hell is this? He said Ouzo " it will put hair on your balls he told me" Two Ouzo's later and I was feeling nice...... after the third I was fucked up.....I might agree that this may be the strongest drink that I've tried.

I have to agree with Johnny Blaze . . . one Long Island Ice Tea can take you a long way and two can take you where ever you wanna go. AND it's legal in the good ol' US. biggrin.gif

BlueAngel

------------------

"None is more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free."

- Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe

absinthe is what people did back in the day (like 80 years ago) when they wanted to get really fucked up. never tried it, but it's definitely the most hardcore drink you can make. other than that, it all depends on your alcohol to tasty-stuff ratio. if you're going by one drink, then champagne for sure. and on an empty stomach.. you'll get yerself worked!!

GRAPPA !!

my cousin went on a ski trip via bus with a bunch of her friends one year & somebody brought a bottle up there. they all knew what it was & how potent it was.

but somebody invited these vacationing firefighters looking for a good time.... and they did not listen to the warnings of my cousin... oops!

anyway the next day, they REFUSED to speak to anyone in my cousins group. biggrin.gif haha

- k

------------------

things to see, people to do... hehe

are you allowed to import absinthe into the states? i thought it was illegal here, or is that just the production of it...i've read a lot about it and have to admit to some curiousity...though a lot of people say that extended use does lead to something like mild psycosis...if i can import it...hrm...

Yeh you are allowed to import absinthe but it is VERY strong (forget Ouzo), it's much older than 80 years, the link i put up deal with importing it. Look for the ones with the highest level of Wormwort in.

Here some text from the site for the people who cannot visit.

Crystal clear in the bottle, potent emerald in the glass and 144 proof - absinthe is as illicit as it is intoxicating. It is also among history's most notorious liqueurs - romanticised and maligned in equal measure. Sipped by Oscar Wilde, Baudelaire, van Gogh, Manet, Picasso and many other prominent artists and writers. Absinthe was first used in ancient Greece for its healing powers. It was believed to have stimulated creativity and to act as a curative and an aphrodisiac.

Though invented by the Swiss, absinthe has always been associated with the French. The age of absinthe began in the 1840s during the Algerian War when French soldiers were issued absinthe as a fever preventative. When they returned to France, they brought the taste for absinthe with them. In the year 1912 the French drank 221,897,000 litres of absinthe which led to the society columnist of the time A. Capus, declaring "Absinthe has become the favourite drink of almost every French man."

------------------

I want to go out blazing not fade away.

top.gif

Guest crystalmethodny

Well,

My family used to get smuggled spirits over from Europe called 'Spirityus'

Its proof was about 194, yes, you read that right. My father and uncles used to mix it with a cherry or rasberry syrup and throw it in the freezer for a week. Its purely a shot drink... and damn did it go down smooth and really fuck you up.

Favorite drinks:

Vodka Martini

Manhattan w/ a splash of Cointreau

Vodka Gimlet

Some particularly strong mixed drinks:

LI Iced Tea - Simply because bartenders always overdose and put too much liqour in it. Its supposed to be 1/2 ounce of each major liqour (Vodka, Rum, Gin, Tequila) to a perfect 2 ounces total.

Red Devils are good

Nuclear Wastes are funky

Hurricanes from New Orleans just fuck you up and taste oh so yummy.

-CM

------------------

"We're going to build things up slowly... are you with me? Here we go."

Here's a drink that'll really get you f'ed up...it's more like a shot, but I've done this a regular drink...

Third Riech- It's 3 drinks mixed together...Goldschlager, Rumplemints, and Jagermeister.

After two of these, it knocked me out. My friends found me two blocks away from the bar passed out.

OUZO from Greece, straight up moonshine...Illegal in the US as far as I know...If you take prunes and let them ferment for about 6 months, that is some really potent shit also, moonshine also, make you go blind...

------------------

"Music is my mistress, and she plays second fiddle to no one." Louis Armstrong

FeelTheseBeats@aol.com

i know this is kinda off subject - but someone lost a bet to me and i need some hardcore shots to put him on the floor. Any suggestions??

thanks

luv,

brandie

------------------

"And those who were seen dancing

were thought to be insane by those

who could not hear the music."

brandie@optonline.net