Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Get this: If Johnny Vicious becomes Tunnel's new resident.....

He would proudly follow the footsteps of Junior Vasquez and Danny Tenaglia. He would join the rank of true super dj/producers that have played at this legendary nightclub.

Therefore, assuring his place in club history.

And it would only prove once again what true genius Gatien can be when running his clubs.

It would be a masterstroke.

there seems to be much speculation about JV being at the tunnel. does anyone have any real confirmation? a flyer? spoken to peter gatien? i think that i am getting excited over nothing. i don't want to be dissapointed again with the tunnel. thanks.

------------------

*kitty19*

*turn it around baby*

I wouldn't exactly put Johnny Vicious up there with Danny Tenaglia and Junior Vasquez. Don't get me wrong, the guy is a prolific DJ/producer, but a DT or Junior he is not.

------------------

CrystalMethodNY...the whorliest of whores

Yeah that would be a great thing for NY and Johnny. Hope that it goes through. I think that he just as good as Junior, maybe not DT but he is up there. More high profile residents in the city is a good thing, we need to have more regular nights. Perhaps maybe a little more variety though.

just a rumor I heard dont no if it is true.JV is only spinning two saturdays there and not taking the resident.He's more involved with his producing and he dont want to take a resident job anywhere he likes to travel all over the world and spin at many clubs as possible. Peter has a better idea with the tunnel he's going do what he did with the LL remember he got that party going again with Boris that party is still going pretty good despite Boris leaving to do his shore thing well in september Boris will spin for Gatian but not at the LL the Tunnel which is not a bad idea considering the crowds Boris drawed for the Roxy LL and remember the only good night the Tunnel had in the last year Thanksgiving eve. My opion he should go for that Jersey Dj Tsettos I dont think he has a job on saturday nights in september. '

i think it depends on what crowd he is spinning for. the last time i heard him was at the roxy, and so he spun accordingly- vocal house mostly.

nonetheless, i respect all the work he has done. he has put out some good tracks in the past, ones that i still like to listen to now, like ecstasy, take your shirts off, afrika, thats the way love is...

------------------

*kitty19*

*turn it around baby*

vicious is just about 100% starting end of july

fridays are coming back with baez def on the 21st of july(2 weeks)

looks pretty good stay posted

------------------

oasisnyc.8m.com

(Oasis9389@aol.com)

EXIT GUESTLlST, firday or saturday 201-725-8858

(oasis guestlst)

Get real, Johnny vicious sucks. I heard him spin many times. Commercial europop trance lite. To even mention him in the same sentence of Danny or JV (although im not the bigges junior fan) is a crime. He plays the same stuff everytime ive heard him and he just starts and goes no where. No ride, no nothing. just one commercial track after another. Any DJ can do that. Johnny vicious was totally amazing when "react" came out like years ago already... it was a groundbreaking cutting edge song. Now every song sounds the same. God bless him on such a huge success but Tunnel will never be like it was with DT there. That place had a VIBE. Only Danny can take you on a ride like that.

Originally posted by atf104:

Get real, Johnny vicious sucks. I heard him spin many times. Commercial europop trance lite. To even mention him in the same sentence of Danny or JV (although im not the bigges junior fan) is a crime. He plays the same stuff everytime ive heard him and he just starts and goes no where. No ride, no nothing. just one commercial track after another. Any DJ can do that. Johnny vicious was totally amazing when "react" came out like years ago already... it was a groundbreaking cutting edge song. Now every song sounds the same. God bless him on such a huge success but Tunnel will never be like it was with DT there. That place had a VIBE. Only Danny can take you on a ride like that.

i definetly disagree. I'm not saying viciuos is better then DT, not by any means, but he certainly doesn't spin the same set every time. If anything, his sets are totallly different and i've prolly never heard him spin the same song twice. He is doesn't spin commercial track after track either. He less commercial then half the big dj's in the city right now. Don't equate the fact that he produces a lot of commercial tracks to what he spins. He adjusts to the crowd like a great dj has to. Like someone on this thread already said, i was at roxy when he spun and he threw down a lot of vocal tracks b/c it was that type of crowd. If you had the opportunity to hear him on the radio you would realize he doesn't spin commerical stuff all the time. I think that DT definetly rocked tunnel like no other, and the vibe will never be the same, but that doesn't mean that vicious can't come in there rock that place his own way and create a vibe as well. Sure it will never be the same as when DT was there, but that doesn't mean it still won't be great. Vicious throws down some sick imports and i personally can't wait to hear him there.

-Rob

------------------

"And thus they give the time, that Nature meant

For peaceful sleep and meditative snores,

To ceaseless din and mindless merriment

And waste of shoes and floors."