Clubplanet Nightlife Community

EXIT SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man, I was so hyped for this gig and it was like 110 degrees in there! My boy had to leave about to passout and all the girls were soaked....WAY oversold (I heard 7000 tix were sold for 5000 capacity!) F*Cking iNsAnE...stick to Roseland until it closes for raves in the city for sure...it ended up clearing out a little by 3am and the true crowd stuck around ...got in on some good breakin andtranc but GODDAMn...NEVER NEVER am I EVER going to EXIT again...the name says it all...thats what you want to do as soon as you get there IT SUCKS djlovejones

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah just because the rave wasn't what you would've liked, don't blame the club. I was there last night and I thought it was too crowded and way way way too young. I felt like a freaking chapperone at a prom and I'm only 23!!

The club is awesome, I've been gong there alot for the past 4 months. Trust me, last night was not a fair or accurate representation of how Exit is.

i went to Exit when if first reopened and was very nice. but i've heard the party has become too comercial and the crowd sucks. i drove through Exit few times and didn't go in because the lines were too long and the people on lines look so ugly.

Originally posted by cdaddy:

Man, I was so hyped for this gig and it was like 110 degrees in there! My boy had to leave about to passout and all the girls were soaked....WAY oversold (I heard 7000 tix were sold for 5000 capacity!) F*Cking iNsAnE...stick to Roseland until it closes for raves in the city for sure...it ended up clearing out a little by 3am and the true crowd stuck around ...got in on some good breakin andtranc but GODDAMn...NEVER NEVER am I EVER going to EXIT again...the name says it all...thats what you want to do as soon as you get there IT SUCKS djlovejones

I might be able to agree with that, but what about ventilation??? I've been to parties WAY bigger and they at least have som fans or ac...for godsakes..half the people there (or more) were rollin and could overheat or get brain damage...plus the layout of the 2nd and 3rd floors was opressive with the 3 foot wide catwalks going from side to side..I mean who designed this place a circus midget? ...anyway, I think that some bigass fans or better a/c would be a good investment for exit..djlovejones

i've been going to exit every sat. for the past year.

and i was there yesterday for electric circus.

i couldn't believe how crowded it was.

i can't complain about the music 'cause it was pumpin'!!!

but i must agree with 'cdaddy': there was no crowd control and no AC!

(i think i spent all night on the roof --DJ Dan kicked ass!)

the conspiracy of the night: club exit turned off the AC on purpose!

i'm avoiding evil-exit for awhile;

the music has become too boring...

-roll safe...

K.

If you think that's bad how about this . . . I heard that during the rave one of the bouncers took this kid's E (about 11 or so) and then told the kid that he could buy it back for $100!! Can you believe that?? Then he dragged this kid that was dealing and took all his money (about $700) and then gave him back $100 and then kept the rest.

Talk about corruption. eek.gif

BlueAngel

------------------

"No one will ever win the battle of the sexes;

there's too much fraternizing with the enemy."

- Henry Kissinger

Exit did not SUCK....

I have been going to parties for 3 years and seen a lot, and I thought that it was a great party! Yeah there were a lot of people, but that was expected...LOOK AT THE LINE-UP! I have never been to Exit before, I though it was a unique venue...snow, good lighting, and a second floor where you could see everyone! Yeah I have to agree walking to the bathrooms was annoying, but that it what you have to deal with when you go to a big party!

George Acosta was AMAZING...was right there the whole time!

Thanx to Linda for being by my side(Hope the pictures turn out of you and Derrick May!

Sorry to all that had a bad time, I had a blast!

[This message has been edited by funkydiva (edited 07-05-2000).]

Yes, it was definitely way TOO HOT...thought that everyone was gonna overheat. However, "Exit" is much improved from its former existence as "Carbon." The lighting/special effects kicked ass! The crowd wasn't as shady as NY parties I've been to in the past (e.g. BrassMonkey20000), AND the music was off the hook!!! Derrick May was nothing less than amazing, and George Acosta tore up the tables! Wish it could've lasted longer. So much talent...so little time! Thanks to the sweetheart with the ice bucket who hooked us up, and to Staci - my best friend who sparkles even without glitter - for holding my hand and helping me thru the heat. wink.gif One question...how do you get to the rooftop??!!

[This message has been edited by katwoman (edited 07-05-2000).]

Call me old, call me sweaty...but when I walked in, it was unbearable.

I mean, I was fired up to see the music...looked forward to it for weeks! I had never been to EXIT before, although I find myself living @ Twilo on occasion.

I sweat less @ a fully packed Twilo house, or even @ the gym......I wasn't drinking, I wasn't rollin', I wasn't even dancing on Monday and sweat just kept coming.

I split early, completely crowded and unbearable......bottom line, that shit should be refunded (especially for exceeding capacity and making it such a shitty environment to be in)

I will give EXIT another shot based on all of your comments; however, that place really turned me off after that scene.

Nothing personal but....

I'm not 15 years old

I like to work up a sweat, not be handed one

That whole bathroom/level scene blows

and thanks for keeping the Roof closed off the bat....if it was open, I would have been able to deal.

Man, that was a HUGE letdown....I think a trip to Miami to see Senor Acosta would be more worthwhile.

-Snog

Hey Kat....

To get to the rooftop at Exit you got to the second floor coat check (The main one).

To the right of the coat check is another room. It's usually a mix of hip hop or Reggae on a normal Exit night. In that room is one main staircase going up. That's the rooftop. It's not too bad up there. Very cool and relaxing at around the 5am hour and the sun starts to peek out. Unfortunatly the roof was closed for the rave. Wish it was open, could have opened up so much more space to move and dance.

Originally posted by katwoman:

Yes, it was definitely way TOO HOT...thought that everyone was gonna overheat. However, "Exit" is much improved from its former existence as "Carbon." The lighting/special effects kicked ass! The crowd wasn't as shady as NY parties I've been to in the past (e.g. BrassMonkey20000), AND the music was off the hook!!! Derrick May was nothing less than amazing, and George Acosta tore up the tables! Wish it could've lasted longer. So much talent...so little time! Thanks to the sweetheart with the ice bucket who hooked us up, and to Staci - my best friend who sparkles even without glitter - for holding my hand and helping me thru the heat. wink.gif One question...how do you get to the rooftop??!!

I was at Exit for the first time in a year sat. and was falling asleep the crowd was dead and the music was just ok SF is the place to be on saturday but my friend wanted to go to exit for her birthday.

It must have been the party that sucked. Any club you goto get's hot. Exit has 200 tons of AC to cool that place and it's the middle of summer. I remember the Tunnel and the heat problem they have no AC at the Tunnel just Swamp Coolers and Fans. I'm stuck between - I like Exit as a place but like JP at SF for the music.