Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Most Hated Song

Nearly every new rap song that comes out. I have respect for the old school stuff, especially since so much of today's music is based from it and disco.

Anything that speaks in "ebonics". Try a real language.

Most progressive cheese house. I do like Unspeakable Joy, though... *duck*

Anything from Eiffel 65 that's been on the radio. Too Much of Heaven, Your Clown and The Edge don't suck...too much.

Thunderpuss Anthems. I'm SO FUCKING SICK OF THE SAME GOD DAMNED SHIT IN EVERY REMIX. Beat-build-climax-vocal drop-beat. How about some points for originality?

Zombie Nation. Just because it's played out. For that matter, here's my "played way to fucking much" list:

The Thong Song

Back That Azz Up

Drop It Like It's Hot

Damn near every fucking R&B piece of shit that's new this week.

Ok, so I'm a progressive and goa trance junkie, so sue me. About the only rap that I've heard that gets respect is from people like Roots. The first Wu Tang album was sweet, too. It's the off the wall shit that I like. This 'made for radio' bullshit is weak. And that's coming from someone that's worked in radio for the past 7 years. Give it a rest. That's why clubs exist, so we don't have to hear the same shit that's on the radio all day.

Ok, this has turned into a novel. I digress.

------------------

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We are the music makers,

and we are the dreamers of dreams.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Originally posted by nikilina:

oompa oompa

not only do i dislike the maker, but the song is cheese.

makes me wanna take steroids, take off my shirt, do drugs, and bounce around the dance floor like a freak.... (not a good feeling)

come on nikilina...your not talking about the best dj/producer in your home town now are you? Tronco is blowing up so be proud of the hometown boy! Get Ready for the Ride!!!!

Originally posted by nikilina:

oompa oompa

not only do i dislike the maker, but the song is cheese.

makes me wanna take steroids, take off my shirt, do drugs, and bounce around the dance floor like a freak.... (not a good feeling)

( * )( * )

------------------

Hit My Damn Music...

Originally posted by frankie_pep:

All that southern rap crap ... Its horrible ... actually i find it more amusing then anything .... like has anyone heard that song it goes " sipping on sizzaaarrrd ... sip sip sip ... sipping on sizzaaarrrd " its funny as shit ... Pretty much all rap sucks ,new school that is .... the newest rap album i still listen to is the first Redman album ..."cause ... i'm the superman lover ...baby"

Oh yEaH... FuCk Eminem ...I'm the real Slim Shady

I have to disagree with you bro. Rap doesn't suck, it's just that Rap has evolved pretty much like every other kind of music. I love old school Rap too, but some of the new shit out there is pretty phat, and I'm not just takin bout Emeniem n Dre, other rappers like Juvenile n DMX are the shit. However u are still intitled to your opinion. smile.gif

Everything I have heard from DMX is horrible. He has no creativity. Lyrics about getting props and violence, drugs, women, etc etc are tired. It's all saying the same damn thing, NOTHING! Rap has evolved but the only rap peopel are being exposed to is the shitty kind. The underground still lives on as it always will.

Originally posted by trancenergy:

I have to disagree with you bro. Rap doesn't suck, it's just that Rap has evolved pretty much like every other kind of music. I love old school Rap too, but some of the new shit out there is pretty phat, and I'm not just takin bout Emeniem n Dre, other rappers like Juvenile n DMX are the shit. However u are still intitled to your opinion. smile.gif

Juvenile & DMX ....please . Those are the two most ridiculous individuals on the face of the earth ...

REAL HIP HOP ARTISTS:

The Roots

De La Soul

Mos Def

Company Flow

Biggy Smallz (jus biggy no other bad boy members)

Wil Smith (haha ... jus kidding)

..thats it as far good rap artists go ... The rest is just humorous to me ... oops how could i forget A Tribe Called Quest .."Its like Butta Baby"

The worst club track right now is

Robbie Tronco & Sal Dano - "Get ready for the Ride" ... the worst vocal i've ever heard

[This message has been edited by frankie_pep (edited 07-18-2000).]

Originally posted by oasis:

awwwww c'mon

yes zmobie nation is just horrible now

but that was the track a few months back

b4 it got mainstream, clubs would blow up wit that shit, i love whatchin people when they dropped who never heard it b4, they were like what the fuck is goin on. and by the 3rd verse they were chanting too

but def now it is too played out

gotta agree with oasis. true i can't stand that song anymore, as with any song that hits radio. But i remember hearing it in Exit in the winter and everyone in that place went insane.

Originally posted by oasis:

awwwww c'mon

yes zmobie nation is just horrible now

but that was the track a few months back

b4 it got mainstream, clubs would blow up wit that shit, i love whatchin people when they dropped who never heard it b4, they were like what the fuck is goin on. and by the 3rd verse they were chanting too

but def now it is too played out

gotta agree with oasis. true i can't stand that song anymore, as with any song that hits radio. But i remember hearing it in Exit in the winter and everyone in that place went insane.

Man, you guys can be funny. A song making it to the radio doesn't add or subtract to the artfulness of it. If sasha's xpander made it to the radio it would be no less of a song.

Stop listening to novelty songs and you won't ever have to say "that was the shit a couple months ago, but since more people listen to it it's whack."

Originally posted by ghettohigh:

come on nikilina...your not talking about the best dj/producer in your home town now are you? Tronco is blowing up so be proud of the hometown boy! Get Ready for the Ride!!!!

ready for the ride is just another cheesed out version of freight train with words this time.... i use to be tight with tronco, but quickly learned he is an asshole....

it only took him like 6 yrs to make another song.... i guess it couldnt have anything to do with his wife having another kid and needing the money....