Clubplanet Nightlife Community

IS THERE A CLUB SCENE WITHOUT DRUGS?

I have always asked ravers, clubers, party kids,,the same question,,IS THERE A DANCE SCENE WITHOUT DRUGS? And as many of you out there will like to dispute, almost everyone answers NO..

But there are several ways to look at this question, and I will try to answer them through maybe my own experience. I got into the scene definitly by X. No doubt about it. I took pills and smoked to fully enjoy the music and scene. But after listening to it a bunch I have gained an appreciation for it and now listen to it sober a lot. I even go to clubs quite often sober.

As for a lot of you out there I feel you feel the same way. It takes the drug to let you in, but once you are in, you understand it sober or high.

But it bugs me that these raver and club kids feel that the scene is stronger than the drugs that 95 percent of them are on. THe music is strong, but the scene definitly would not have thrived or continued to thrive if not for E,K,C, whatever...

I am not sure if anyone has seen the documentary "better living through circuitry," but I totally feel that the movie wanted people to think that the raver kids made the scene,evident by the few ravers interviewed that said they didnt do drugs and it wasn't about the drugs.

Well, lets cut the shit,,it really is for the most part. I love the scene, club or raves, and will continue to love it, sober or high. But people, dont fool yourselves into thinkin the scene is stronger than your last pill...

Staying up and dancing all night to fast paced music is not exactly what the average person trains their body for.

My gf works out only to increase her endurance. She was born with a perfect figure and doesn't want strength, jsut stamina. Helps in otehr areas, too smile.gif

Staynig up is also mental. It is not natural to stay up all night, so I jsut tell myself I'm not tired. It sorta works. Food helps.

A sober scene? SInce you should incude alcohol, not it does not exist. Does it matter? As long as people are there for the music and not fooling themeslves when they are really into the drugs or social aspects I don't give two doodies.

If your into progressive and hard house the answer is NO! That scene is all about durg use and not about the music. If your into deep house there is drug use but only weed and liquor, not any dangerous drugs like u find in the progressive scene.

Originally posted by borkinj:

I have always asked ravers, clubers, party kids,,the same question,,IS THERE A DANCE SCENE WITHOUT DRUGS? And as many of you out there will like to dispute, almost everyone answers NO..

But there are several ways to look at this question, and I will try to answer them through maybe my own experience. I got into the scene definitly by X. No doubt about it. I took pills and smoked to fully enjoy the music and scene. But after listening to it a bunch I have gained an appreciation for it and now listen to it sober a lot. I even go to clubs quite often sober.

As for a lot of you out there I feel you feel the same way. It takes the drug to let you in, but once you are in, you understand it sober or high.

But it bugs me that these raver and club kids feel that the scene is stronger than the drugs that 95 percent of them are on. THe music is strong, but the scene definitly would not have thrived or continued to thrive if not for E,K,C, whatever...

I am not sure if anyone has seen the documentary "better living through circuitry," but I totally feel that the movie wanted people to think that the raver kids made the scene,evident by the few ravers interviewed that said they didnt do drugs and it wasn't about the drugs.

Well, lets cut the shit,,it really is for the most part. I love the scene, club or raves, and will continue to love it, sober or high. But people, dont fool yourselves into thinkin the scene is stronger than your last pill...

The answer is NO, if you into the progressive scene, raver, trance or hard house scene . That scene is all about drug use and not about the music.

I would have to disagree b2b, i'm not sure where your friend is, but my folks live in china and i go there 2 a year, my first roll ever was in a club in china, they just had a massive e explosion over there, it's called in mandarin "yao tou wan" the "shake your head drug" i know..it's stupid sounding as hell..hehe...but i know for sure that in hk and china people drop a considerable amount, i've been there and done that! smile.gif

but blue is right about alcohol, i mean, in reality the us and canada are pretty much the only countries in the world that care about a drinking age, in europe and asia? hell no! thereby conveniently avoinding the drunk frat boy experience that a lot of peopole here go through..hehe..

B2B, in asia you would be considered no weight at all! wink.gif

Human101, I know what you mean. A friend of mine moved to Taiwan for work and he told me that E is taking over the night scene like wild forest fire!

BlueAngel

------------------

"The certain proof that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe

is that no one has bothered to make contact with us."

Yup blue...sometime late in 99 they had a huge drug bust in shanghai, seized something like 800,000 tabs or something equally outrageous....it's pretty amazing esp. considering the amount of money it is to them...it's sold there for about 200 RMB, local currency, which is about 25 dollars, but you have to realize that they don't make much money, a good job might bring in 2000-3000 RMB, meaning they mmight pay 10% of their monthly slary on a single tab!

as for drinking..hrm...i think european and asian style of drinking is differnet somehow...europeans tend to drink a lot more beer than asians...at least the yuppie asians, the clubbing ones....they tend to drink mixed or straight...something more "image-concious" you know how it is...

continuing on the asian explosion of E usage, about 2 years in Korea, I am told that E was selling for more than the equivalent of 100 US dollars.

nowadays, it's apparently going for 30..

supply and demand curves come into mind? i've seen korean singers/dancers break out raving with glowsticks during their shows.

wow, how times have changed.

in addition, you'd be surprised at the hook-ups japanese people have. my goodness. eek.gif

------------------

*kitty19*

*turn it around baby*

it was strange, last time i was back in china...this was last new years..very few people had glowsticks...like they were all impressed when my friends and i busted them out...we sucked back then too...but it sure was a ego boost...hehe you could see some of the chinese rollers getting all fucked up and not being sure what was happeneing to them...their eyes just couldn't move from the flashing lights..haha...but yeah i'm curious to see the next time i go bakc home...i'll bet there'll be sticks everywher...

are you really think there is a corelation between types of music and drugs? there are the people that do drugs with every type of music and club. No one more than the other.

------------------

Everything will be perfect .... tonight and forever....

B2B & Human101,

Let's not forget what the asian club scene lack in drugs makes up with alcohol. drunk.gif Alcoholism is the norm in the asian countries. I don't know ONE asian person who doesn't know how to drink (myself excluded). biggrin.gif

BlueAngel

------------------

"The certain proof that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe

is that no one has bothered to make contact with us."