Clubplanet Nightlife Community

PVD = WOW!!!!!!

After his may performance which i thought was the best set i've ever seen, i was hoping that last night would be half as good. Well it was better!!

We got there really early to avoid missing any of his set-got there at 11 and the line was all the way up the block to 10th ave-never seen a line like that so early.

It was pretty mobbed inside but not horrible. Those new fans they put in do a great job of cooling down the place if you are near them.

He came on just b/f 2 and his first track was a new mix of Synaesthesia. When i heard that, i knew it was gonna be a special night. From beginning to end, it was non-stop energy. He played so many amazing songs including the new Skydive mix-i don't know a lot of the names and a bunch of tracks i had never heard b/f. The crowd just went off. He managed to slip in more than half of Out There and Back but his mixing and timing were so on that it didn't sound cheesy. And w/ the new dj booth, he really was getting into it. Dancing, getting the crowd going-i've never seen him so lively in the states (in Europe he's much more animated typically). To be honest, i can't even remember what he really played but everything was good.

Kept waiting for the place to clear out and it never did. It was packed-people in the back and side all over the steps until closing. Never seen anything like it. Around 8 he finished up but then proceeded to do like 5 encores (probably like 7 or 8 songs total)and didn't finish up until 9:20-that's a 7 hr and 20 minute set!!

The only word to describe last night was off the hook!!! I've never seen so many people stay so late (i mean s&d go later and always have a lot less people there around 9-even last time when sasha went to town). PVD never ceases to amaze. He keeps reaffirming his position in my mind as best dj in the world...hands down IMHO.

What did everyone else think? Sorry i couldn't be more helpful w/ song ids.

eric

I had such an amazing time at Paul van Dyk.

This wasmy 3rd time seeing him and it was unbeleivable. He is my favorite DJ. The only problem was it was way to crowded at some points. I was upstairs till 5:30am bc it was to crowded downstairs. The crowd, from my standpoint was friendly and just dancing around like crazy. I had overall one of the best times ever.

PVD spun a genius set. He played one of my favorite tracks: I Love U by Sarah Mclachlan remixed by BT, couple of songs from Wet Gatecrasher..as well as 7 of his own song. It was mad packed....HOT. Towards the end of the night he was spinnin break beats...wasn't feeling it. All in all Great Night. ps: VIP is the place to be.

Daphna

I am so glad to hear that everyone really had a good time at Twilo on Friday night even though it was way too crowded and hot in there. This just confirms my belief that PVD IS the Messiah!! hehe. silly.gif

He was soooo awesome that night . . . even though it was too crowded in there and there were not enough oxegen . . . he still made the night great!! verycool.gif

BlueAngel

------------------

"The certain proof that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe

is that no one has bothered to make contact with us."

best night I've seen at twilo, and we waited for 2-3 hours & were sober

But it was still the BEST twilo's been - better than S&D or CC - although its hard to say any is really better than the other - they all rock..... (DJ wise, but the vibe hit me in the face from the moment I walked in on friday)

For anyone who didn't stay till the end, you missed a truely wonderful moment. During his encores, they turned the house lights on and let everyone dance together in the bright light. To see the wide diversity of ethnicities, races, backgrounds, males, females, ravers, clubbers, metal-heads, elders (yes, elders) dancing in unity under one roof was truely a gift. What a great end to a blissful night and the start of a beautiful Saturday.

P.S. Did anyone notice the water drop that he used to start his encore and then proceed to end the last track with? Wow!!!!!

[This message has been edited by sinthetik (edited 07-24-2000).]

I would have to agree with everything that was said. it was unbelievable. my first time seeing him and it blew me away. any time any place ill go see PVD. Does anyone know when he might be back again? biggrin.gif

--------

dancin to my own beat