Clubplanet Nightlife Community

NJ djs vs NY djs

For the love of God, and for everything that makes sense in this world...PLEASE tell me this is a joke.

Cause I laughed my ass off!!! =)

------------------

"Underground will forever baby...we're just like roaches, never dying, always livin'" - The Trancespotters

OK sorry, that was f'ed up of me, my bad...everyone is entitled to their opinion. But I have to say, I can't really agree with those choices, not cause they're from Jersey, but just because that there are so many other DJs who are from NY that have carried the scene for years, I think that they are head and shoulders above the DJs you mentioned. But if that's your cup of tea, more power to you. I gotta give Mendez props for carrying that Cheetah party though at such a young age.

------------------

"Underground will forever baby...we're just like roaches, never dying, always livin'" - The Trancespotters

Ok here my opinion on Jersey djs.. Most of them all play the same exact set.. Same Plasmic Honey, Metropolitan Records, Sal Dano, Jonah music..

I have head Andrew Mendez rip it up on many occasions.. He has the ability to blow up big time, and he prolly will do so..

As for Tsettos, Honestly, I have never heard a great set from him.. He just doesnt do it for me at all.. I gues he does it for a lot of other people, or he wouldnt be djing..

You really cant compair any of those djs to like Danny, Jonathan, Junior ect.. I think those djs you named are the biggest names in Jersey right now.. Who knows, maybe one day Andrew Mendez will be throwing down 12 hour sets at one of NYC's mega clubs..

We can only wait and see.. biggrin.gif

------------------

Hit My Damn Music...

I think you guys ars misunderstanding me. Im talking about right now not yesterday not last year. I've heard all the great ny djs but I think there best has passed. I used to hear DT at the tunnel and he was the fucking shit not taking that away but I heard from alot of people he plays mostly cds now.JP has established something great at the SF thats my favirote club but in my opinion he has spun better in the past and the factory is always slamming that it dont matter if he ain't on his game all the time. Im fan of Boris heard him spin at the LL a couple of times but he was better at the Roxy.Visious is a better producer than he is a dj. Junior what can I say I give the old Man some props but what is 50 something. I defintaly feel the Ny djs have more depth but 3 out of the 4 I named(the only reason I mentioned Manny the Greek I was at Abyss last night and he was spinning and he was the only other nj dj I could think of)Tsettos,A-Z,and ADV can hang with any of the ny djs I mentioned. Tsettos got the resident at Exit when it first open because he was hot at the time and blew the fuck up,I think at first he was great at Exit but the last two months there he wasn't because he didn't want to be there because problems with the owner.So most of you Nyers juged him on that but if you never heard him spun at tempts you should check him out,thats his home and he tears that place up. That place is the closes thing to the SF in Jersey,always pumping and never been to a club packed so much to its capacity and the crowd just not giving a shit.A-Z fucking awsome Just gets better each time and ADV is just begining to blow up he has this own fucking style that is just sick and if he gets his chance in NY He has the potential to draw a consistent crowd like factory.Just my opinion.Only time will show who would of thought a couple years ago you can mention a nj dj in the same sentance withthe word NY

Guest bonzai

PLEASE DO NOT KILL THE UNDERGROUND SCENE OF WHAT WE HAVE LEFT!! THERE IS NOT MUCH OF IT.

KEEP NJ IN NJ. THIS IS NYC THE CITY THAT IS SUPPOSED TO NEVER SLEEP, ITS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN WHEN HALF THESE FAKE GUIDOS HAVE TO BE BACK IN JERSEY FOR THERE BED TIME.

I GIVE ALL MY PROPS TO MISTER TENAGLIA HIMSELF FOR GIVING US THE PURE MUSIC.

HE SHOWS PEOPLE WHAT MUSIC IS ALL ABOUT.

PEACEEEE!!!!!!

NO DESRESPECT

If tenaglia is playing mostly cdss its cuz he makes many of his own edits and burning a cd is soooooooooo much cheaper and faster han cutting an acetate.

I gotta agree with tranza on the nj djs all playing the same records. I would never dare give any of them 5 miunutes of my ears, but everybody's playlist looks hte same. They hve their own style? Drumrolls are something to be proud of? The easiest way to build a crowd up is to use a drumroll.

Are "ny" djs much better? Damn, you guys have such us vs them stuff going on when its all the same. Get's boring fast. NY doesn't kick ass everywhere, it still has some catching up to do.

don't forget to add TEO T there ...he's one of NJ finest ...now, that's someone who has his own style and is creative ...mad props to A-Z too

DT rules and always will, ...and so does Junior

JP = SF ...he's da man :-)

------------------

...Ph0eniX

are you kidding me? this has to be a joke...nobody can honestly think this way...first of all, junior is better then all of those rejects combined...hey but i'm not gonna bust on someone if they wanna put on their cavarichis and get loose to some ktu

wake up tempkid

fernando b

Ya know what pisses me off the most? New York Assholes who think they know and can't get over themselves. New York just can't get over the fact that an NJ DJ rocked an NY Mega Club. Peace.

------------------

When it's all said and done, we've still got the music.

[This message has been edited by Quest (edited 07-14-2000).]

i personally dont even see much difference between ny/nj. they all play the same bullshit with different names. with the exception of dt, what does everyone else play? that cheesy ny hard/vocal house/trance. its all very generic and all the playlists rotate the same garbage. compared to some of the djs that come to twilos, these ny/nj clowns sound like fools.

Not to start any drama..b/c everyone has there own opinions. But I agree that Teo and ADV are just as good, just not blown up. They play the way they want to. Never heard Mendez, but from what I hear, he is good also. As for the NY guys DT, JP, JV--they can rip it up, have been for a long time. Most of the people judging the NJ DJs probably have not even heard them.

http://www.logicrecords.com/boa/tsettos.html

is it really necessary to hear him?

I'm sure all these jersey djs are great and all, "blowing up" the suburban and slezeside spots.

It ain't a nyc vs anywhere else thing. Music is a universal medium and the fact that people outside this area jsut fon't accept the commercial, stereotypical sound says A LOT.

Drum rolls and overdubbed vocals suck, they are muscially inferior and that is not an opinion.

It doesn't matter how many people enjoy something. If everyone supported slavery it wouldn't be right either.

Well from the first time I ever heard him in the lil vip room up top at Roxy till now I have always loved A to Z,,hes fuckin sick!!He plays everything I want to hear and is on point from beginning to end..I personally love hearing some old shit mixed in like when he threw in "Tell me" at roxy..damn..He keeps me moving all night and I know others would def agree with me on that..And he's a sweetie too and down to earth,no big head...He gets my vote for favorite NJ dj by far!!..Robyn..=)..whats up Andrew??..=)cal chris you need to stop by our shore house..lata..=)

Yo Temp - Touchy subject - It's cool to see what people think.

I have to say Mendez, Rydell, and the other guy's people mentioned from Jersey are real good. I'm personally friends with alot of them and give them a big pat on the back. They worked hard for it and are talented. NYC is a whole different ball league to NJ. I'm experiancing this myself - As I will be at a club this weekend in NYC doing a guest spot. I'm trying to feel it out and see if I have what it takes.

On the NYC tip though - Friends of mine one night laughed at me cause I'm a big Jonathan Peter's fan. That night was the best night I ever had. Been to the Factory a 1000 times with them. They brought me to the booth to meet him, they are goods friends with him. I hung out up there for about 20 minutes and I'll never forget it. I love my fellow Jersey Peeps, but there's something about the NYC DJ's that's different.

To end on a Happy note I will stand by our NJ DJ's and give them credit for pulling it off. Peace SuperMac.

" I used to hear DT at the

tunnel and he was the fucking shit not taking that away but I heard from alot of people he

plays mostly cds now"

What does that mean????? The real DJs today play just as many cds as records cause thats the only way to have stuff b 4 it's released unless you wanna waste 80 bones on an acetate.......

To the people who support what I do thanks,but this is just rediculous.Regardless of what everyone thinks not all NJ DJ's play the same stuff.I myself try to play different from everyone else(as much as I can get away with).But it's Jersey and the people that come out aren't very open minded.There are alot of Dj's who feel the same way but still want to work.As for any of us being on the level of the NY heavy hitters mentioned ......maybe in the future.To all who think all NJ jocks mentioned have the same play list you should check us all out before making such comments.You may be surprised!!!And I don't mean hang for an hour,because I myself cover many styles of dance music from beginning to end. :-)

Originally posted by russ reign:

" I used to hear DT at the

tunnel and he was the fucking shit not taking that away but I heard from alot of people he

plays mostly cds now"

this idiot prolly thought that means he throws on a mix cd or something. some people are so ignorant.

------------------

deez nuts

Wow. You NYers really make me laugh.The truth of the fact is that most of you never heard ADV spun,because you guys go to the same club over and over all year around.Example all DT fans never got over the tunnel so you follwd him to vinyl,and every since he's probaly the only dj you heard live since,but in the other hand us NJ clubbers go to a variety of clubs and hear a variety djs.So we can express are opinions on all these djs. In the summer time most of us jersey clubbers go to the shore and get to listen and appreciate djs like ADV and Teo T who we never heard before but I think just like Tsettos and A-Z took there show to the ny clubs from there sucsses last summer and represented (Exit, Roxy, Cheeta) these to will in time. You guys just cant stand the fact that the club that brought in the most people this past year had a Jersey dj as there resident on there main floor. And if DT is playing cds, its like cheating,taking a test and bringing it home Ya he made these cds and they can be off the fucking wall but its not the same as spinning records live in a club but he's DT and he could do that because you people sweat him so much and he was the shit during DTour saturdays at the Tunnel. Get over it.

Originally posted by tempkid:

And if DT is playing cds, its like cheating,taking a test and bringing it home Ya he made these cds and they can be off the fucking wall but its not the same as spinning records live in a club but he's DT and he could do that because you people sweat him so much and he was the shit during DTour saturdays at the Tunnel. Get over it.

My god....do you know anything about Danny Tenaglia and what he does for a living? First off, he doesn't create a 74 minute mix CD and throw it on at Vinyl......he is constantly creating new music , and instead of blowing all his money on creating acetates, he simply burns each song on a CD and uses that instead. Junior does the same thing , because they are constantly creating, editing and improving remixes that they happen to be working on at that moment. TO REPEAT, HE DOESN'T THROW ON A CD AND RETIRE TO THE NEXT ROOM WITH A BLUNT AND RELAX! If you like NJ DJ's better, then by all means stay there, and we will enjoy our NY DJ's and their crates of CD's.......and BY the way, he still is the shit. He gets mad respect from his PEERS, and from his fans.

I'm not gonna throw any gasoline on this fire...but we must remember that even the NY heavy hitters pale in comparrison to Europe's finest.....

One thing is for sure though, Mendez is good.....I spun with him for the first time at the WMC in Florida, and as a fellow DJ I was thouroughly impressed.......