Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Any tiny girls out there?? I need help....

nickijay

I'm so frustrated I'm about to scream!!! OK, in H.S. I was a size 3 or 5 jrs. Now it seems like a 1 is too big. No-one wants to hear it, I know, but being too small is almost as bad as being too big. Something has happened to clothing sizes over the years....The Gap used to start at a 1 or a 2 and then along came the 0 (whatever that is..how can you be a 0?) so I was all excited, thinking I could finally buy some clothes. Turns out the 0 is really a 1 or 2 in disguise. It just kills me. I went to the mall tonight to try to find some clubby outfits and everything was just too damn big. Does anyone else have this prob? If so, where do you shop? Kids pants are out b/c even though I'm small I have hips and kids pants aren't cut right, plus sometimes the length is too short. Summer is not so much of a prob. for some reason, but Fall and Winter are tough seasons for me. I'm going to become a hermit and stay home naked!!!! Yikes, can anyone relate?? I know I'm not the only small girl around!

------------------

angel.gif I LEAD A DOUBLE LIFE bad.gif

def. try petite stuff . . . and look in the junior section of some places - sometimes their stuff is cut small . . . and remember, some clothing brands run smalle rhtan others - you just need to get up the energy to try *lots* of stuff on . . .

it's terrible for me, i'm 5-5, but like 100 lbs, and i have really long legs, so it takes me forever to find stuff i like!

good luck. biggrin.gif

luv,

brandie

------------------

"And those who were seen dancing

were thought to be insane by those

who could not hear the music."

**NEW EMAIL!!**

brandie@powerpuff.com

or

loves2cox@netscape.net

AIM: loves2cox

Thanks for your your advice, girls. I'm short -- 5'1 and weigh under 100lbs. I'm always hemming things myself. As for custom made clothes, they just aren't in my budget unfortunately. I haven't checked out many petite sections in a while b/c I used to find the clothes to be not very hip. (OK for work, but not play...) It def. does depends on the brand, and sometimes even the brand is not consistent. It's very frustrating, but I know that probably the majority of girls have probs. getting the right fit when shopping. I think it's getting to me b/c I haven't had any luck in a while. Anyway, thanks again for the advice! smile.gif

------------------

I get most of my jeans and skirts at Gap Kids, or other kids clothes stores that have cool stuff. They don't always fit EXACTLY right, but usually pretty good cuz my hips are real narrow, like the kids are... Have u tried Gap Kids? They make stuff in all different measurements...

Good luck!

Melissa

------------------

All for fun and fun for all

mbdewey@yahoo.com

i have the same exact problem! being tall and thin isnt working well in the clothing department either! i'm 5'8" about 116lbs

i have a lot of luck with "edwin" jeans... small wasit and long legs....

victoria secrets catalog has long length jeans also.

Originally posted by blackhaus1:

I have the same problem except i am 5'8, 110 lbs! Try finding pants with my daddy long legs..jeanswise, i stick with mavi's b/c they make 25/34's...its nearly impossible to find clubby clothes when you're as tall as me, but i find randoms here and there...

for nikilina and all the other tall hotties out there....try diesel jeans, kinda pricey but they generally fit really well for tall, thin girls. and as for u not finding any clothes to fit you.....say what?!?!?! if anything u'd look better in the clothes.

and for the short cuties out there, go to the petite or misses or juniors or whatever you girls call it section.

Hey how about girls likah myself? I am 6'0 feet tall and I hardly can find anything that fits me well. My arse is huge for most pants so I have to wear like a size bigger than me. The only thing I can vouch for is JCrew. Their pants fit me sooo perfectly (they have petite, regular, and tall sizes), and they have a shitload of slim-fit pants. I have a code for anyone thats planning to order from JCrew via the internet @ www.jcrew.com for 20% off your order. Just PM me and I will give the code to you. I think it only works until tomorrow, so don't haste!

~*Jam*~

------------------

Per me e arabo!

Originally posted by nikilina:

i have the same exact problem! being tall and thin isnt working well in the clothing department either! i'm 5'8" about 116lbs

i have a lot of luck with "edwin" jeans... small wasit and long legs....

victoria secrets catalog has long length jeans also.

I have the same problem, I am 5'7 and I can never find pants that are long enough. The only luck I have had is in express jeans they make long length. Where do you get edwin jeans?

------------------

Love can be magic, but sometimes magic can be an illusion

smileht.gif

i live in philly and i get edwin's at a store called sunshine blues.... try any jean store, they should carry them.

Originally posted by cytherea:

I have the same problem, I am 5'7 and I can never find pants that are long enough. The only luck I have had is in express jeans they make long length. Where do you get edwin jeans?

Girlfriend,

I know exactly how you feel. I am petit also, 5'3 and 108 lbs. I depend on my tailor to adjust my clothes to my body. Have lots of problems finding slacks and jeans that fit correctly, biggest problem though are dresses and skirts. I believe that the better the designer, such as DKNY, BEBE, BCBG, Laundry, etc. the smaller the cut. Forget about the GAP, and places like that. If you come across outfits which you really like, but they do not fit, look for a good tailor in your area.

uknjx2: I'm feelin for ya' even though I'm on the opposite side of the spectrum.

Have you tried any online searches? Maybe there are some catalogs available that cater to petite women, but yet offer trendier clothes.

What about places like Contempo and Wet Seal? Or do they run too big?

Have you tried any vintage stores? They may have clothes that run smaller.

Hope you're able to find some stuff! I know how frustrating it can get.

-Jenny

I appreciate everyone's suggestions, really!! I've been to all the stores mentioned. I think what put me over the edge was yeserday I tried on an xm mini, cool print and it fell down. If I'm not an extra small, what the hell am I? There's no category for me frown.gif

Once in a blue moon I can find something, and I don't mean to bitch b/c I know there are thousands of women who have probs finding clothes to fit, but I feel like the sizes are so ridiculous. I'm less than zero for God's sake!!! How can someone be less that zero? And don't even get me started on shoe size. I'm a 5 and some dude in a shoe store had the balls to tell me that "they don't make that size anymore b/c it doesn't sell". Oh, ok asshole, so all the women with size 5 feet are now going to walk around barefoot. I almost bitchslapped the dick. OK, I'm getting all heated up again!! It just makes me so mad. Gap kids is ok for tee shirts and stuff but I have a butt and hips so the pants don't fit right. Well, I guess there are worse things to bitch about but I needed to vent. Thanks for listening smile.gif.

------------------

Originally posted by jolie27:

Try <A HREF="/cgi-bin/redir.cgi?url=http://www.alloy.com." TARGET=_blank>www.alloy.com.</A> They are a teen store but the sizes run small. The pants I ordered were kind of long though, which is great for me cause I'm tall, but might be a little long on you. You would have to check if they have shorter lengths. Good luck!

Thank you, thank you!! No prob w/ long pants b/c I have to hem everything as it is!! I've become pretty savvy with the sewing needle!!

------------------

Originally posted by jolie27:

Try <A HREF="/cgi-bin/redir.cgi?url=http://www.alloy.com." TARGET=_blank>www.alloy.com.</A> They are a teen store but the sizes run small. The pants I ordered were kind of long though, which is great for me cause I'm tall, but might be a little long on you. You would have to check if they have shorter lengths. Good luck!

About how tall are you jolie? I'm a 6'0 tall gal and it is so hard finding decent clothes in NYC. And to uknjx2, how about trying to find size 11 shoes? Its hopeless for me *sniffs* smile.gif

------------------

Per me e arabo!

hey my little buddy...just wanted to express my support for your quest to find cute clothes in your size...

i feel for you because i don't have your problems at all with my average everything 5'4", 120#, size 4-6, shoe 8 1/2, self...i guess i should count my average blessings.

------------------

icon9.giflove.gificon7.gif

Originally posted by jamjimvin:

About how tall are you jolie? I'm a 6'0 tall gal and it is so hard finding decent clothes in NYC. And to uknjx2, how about trying to find size 11 shoes? Its hopeless for me *sniffs* smile.gif

UH-OH!! Maybe they don't make shoes in that size anymore, ha ha!! I still can't get over that guy who said that to me. I feel your pain!!

------------------