Clubplanet Nightlife Community

offtopic: olympics

Pershoot

I cant't watch the Olympics.

They break my heart. To see these young girls who train like a horse their whole life, and a tiny tiny mistake screws them up, just gets me upset.

And you know the coaches are bitch-smacking them behind closed doors.

A kid should not be THAT competitive.

------------------

woohaa2.gif

The shitty part for Russia is that it happened to them at the last Olympic with the US.

*sigh* Well, nobody said it would be easy. Games . . . there are always winners and losers. cwm36.gif

BlueAngel

------------------

"Live as if your were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

angel.gif

yeah that's so sad, u see those tiny little 5 year old training like its the end of the world over there in China and stuff... damn.....

ANd another thing - we should have our pro baseball players play in the olympics and knock the cockiness out of that damn Cuban team... they think they are all so great playing against a bunch of our third rate talent... let them hit against pedro martinez and randy johnson....fools...

Oh yea, and when does football become a sport? I'd like to kick some cuban ass in that too.....

------------------

"Losers try. Winners go home and fuck the prom queen." www.djrussreign.com

hey lafera..what is your older brother competing in....when did he start training...i have so many questions (just curious)..ill PM you...yea i know these little kids start training so early...in china its like at 2 years old...and to see them cry after losing...so sad...but everytime i watch the olympics...im always like...you know that could be me if i busted my ass for 5 years straight (yea right!!!!)

It is these girls Dream to be in the Olympics. Yes, their bodies take a huge amount of pressure and stress but they are devoted to a sport that they love.

It is just like running a 26 mile marathon.

Whether it is the Oyympics, the marathon, little league baseball

These people do these things becuase they want too--no they have too.

I'ts cool, i'm just majorly protecive of the family. My brother has been playing baseball as long as i can remember.It sucks because not many people care to see olympic baseball games so there is not much coverage. Anyhow I wish I could be down there with him. He called on his cell phone from the opening ceremony in the middle of the stadium. Ohhh it's so cool. ok, ok enough yapping on that, peace, steph cwm5.gif

------------------

pikaonaball.gif

(lafera)that is so cool to have someone in the family, in the olympics....my co-worker remembers a person in the last olympics...who was a couch potato...smoked 2 packs of cigs...and brought home the gold (i think in mens 100m)

he trained for like a year and a half....

damn i want a gold medal!

Is it me, or does the coverage of the kinda stink. They cover swimming and gymnastics pretty well. But they always like to go off on these like 8 minute tandums in the middle of an event. I was watchin womens volley-ball the other night and every 20 minutes they would leave coverage to do so.

Most of the time its about an athalete who youv'e never heard of and will probably never here of again. Its good for them to get in the spot light but I dont think its really necessary or appropriate. And do you think that basketball is even worth watching anymore? I say we send a group of college players out thier, maybe they loose, who cares at least it'll be watchable. I think i'm startin to sound a little whiny so i'll stop. But one more thing, theirs only so much Bob Costas commentary I can take, i know he's talented an all but, the more I have to here him the more I start to dislike him.

Didn't have coffee yet, i'm a little cranky... cwm43.gif

It's all about the crew team . . .

My crew coach is coaching the United States Women's Double.

US Women's 8+ goes to the finals

US Men's 8+ goes to the finals

lovin it. biggrin.gif

luv,

brandie

------------------

"And those who were seen dancing

were thought to be insane by those

who could not hear the music."

**NEW EMAIL!!**

brandie@powerpuff.com

or

loves2cox@netscape.net

AIM: loves2cox

Originally posted by Pershoot:

anyone watching the olympics? i can't believe russia lost 1st place in finals to romania in womens gymnastics. That's never happened!!!!!!

WTF you mean that's never happened? even our American coach is Rumanian..

------------------

gohanssj2.gif

<I'm a Fire-starter>

--- When the Artful speaks

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!

asthanos.gif

"Takin' out the suckas, and they don't know how I did it!!!"

munch.GIF