Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What's the deal with Hip Hop???

I agree that hip hop sux these days and I grew up on hip hop since 1983

For all of you who miss the glory days with tribe called quest go out and but "Black on Both Sides" by Mos Def

its the phattest shit

or Down Load the song "Ms Fat Booty" to here a sample of Mos Def You won't be dissapointed!

Originally posted by schwingep:

JP remix...boom boom boom boom CRASH! Will the real slimshady-y-y-y-y-y-y...crash...will the real slim shady-y-y-y-y-y-y-y-y...crash...will the real sim shady-y-y-y-y-y-y-y-y-y-y-y-y-y- (underneath) really long snaredrum roll getting faster and louder then CRASH, BOOMP Please stand up, da-da-da-da-dada-oh-dada-da-da-da-da crashcrashcrashcrashcrash

- Pete

Giggle giggle! Pete, you crack me up! Tho, I think it could be pretty phat, really...

Blue skies,

Melissa

------------------

All for fun and fun for all

mbdewey@yahoo.com

Originally posted by blueskygirl:

Giggle giggle! Pete, you crack me up! Tho, I think it could be pretty phat, really...

Blue skies,

Melissa

I totally agree. Hip hop is the past and no one is doing anything remotely interesting with it now. House music is the furtre. So you always hear lame-ass commercial as hell tracks. It just pisses me off so bad that people in NY seem to think it is still cool, ie the people who go to Spa. I agree though that you never see anyone dancing to it. HHHHMMMMMMMM! Wonder why.

JohnB

Dead on with most of these posts. Back that thang up and all that Bling Bling CRAP. is horrible. Some places still get a good hiphop/dancin vibe as long as there arent alot of "thugs" on the floor so dont give up the cause. ANd dont ya think in a few years the same topic will be posted about "house etc."

well i disagree with the majority here. i like hip hop. love mase, puffy, jay-z, nas, dmx, snoop doggy, and most of all BIGGIE!! yea yea yea wut wut... i wish they would switch the rooms in exit. play hip hop on the main floor and trance on the roof. and the violence at hip hop parties is not all true... the selected few "thugs" does not represent the rest of the people that enjoy the music. PLUR remember?

Originally posted by jeffkaos:

For all of you who miss the glory days with tribe called quest go out and but "Black on Both Sides" by Mos Def

its the phattest shit

Hiphop has seen better days...

But Mos Def is a visionary. There are a few others out there too that people have mentioned... Common, anyone from Project Blowed, Del and his crew; Aceyalone, Dialated Pupils...LTJ Bukem if you like it more progressive.

Check out Swollen Members from BC, Canada. Most Amazing hiphop album in a few years.

At its roots (no pun) hiphop is urban poetry and that's what is so profound about it as a culture and an art form, unfortunatelly we get non of the underground art on the radio and are shoved jiggy $hit down our throats. frown.gif

I miss the old days 2.

------------------

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, And sorry I could not travel both, And be one traveler, long I stood, And looked down one as far as I could...

I shall be telling this with a sigh, Somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference.

--RF

I also agree that hip-hop has lost its appeal now in days. Everything is either thug this or that. C'mon now!! Don't get me wrong, I love it but stick to old school.

Slick Rick

De La Soul

Run DMC

Marley Marl and Furious 5

Grandmaster flash

Nice and Smooth

EPMD

etc.

cwm5.gif

Originally posted by lunatik:

well i disagree with the majority here. i like hip hop...yea yea yea wut wut... i wish they would switch the rooms in exit. play hip hop on the main floor and trance on the roof. and the violence at hip hop parties is not all true... the selected few "thugs" does not represent the rest of the people that enjoy the music. PLUR remember?

Wut wut, word. You ARE joking right? Hip Hop on the main floor at Exit? I hope to God Dave Marvisi never makes that mistake. Gatien made it once with Tunnel, and it killed the place. Thugs and Juiceheads on the same floor? Hire more bouncers and put em in Flak jackets!

PLURR? Never seen it in Hip Hop. Every event I spin that has a hip hop room has a bad vibe. Sadly, it never used to be that way. "Thug Appeal" was a joke "back in the day."

Not Steriotyping, just making note of what I've witnessed over the past 17 years as a DJ. cwm5.gif

Originally posted by djrman:

I also agree that hip-hop has lost its appeal now in days. Everything is either thug this or that. C'mon now!! Don't get me wrong, I love it but stick to old school.

Slick Rick

De La Soul

Run DMC

Marley Marl and Furious 5

Grandmaster flash

Nice and Smooth

EPMD

etc.

cwm5.gif

Oh hell yes...I remember budgeting half my money on hip hop and half on house. Now, I get hip hop in the record pool and toss it in a box...

SPEAKING OF WHICH...

If anyone wants to buy like 2 huge boxes of hip hop vinyl PM me. I've got all the ish from 98-99 crated in my attic.

PLURR

Bobby

cwm30.gif

I admidt there was a time when for me the only man was BIGGIE. But that was when it was new-different-light, now every artist bites off him. There needs to be an evolution in Hip-Hop. It isn't going anywhere-and is becoming boring as hell!!

Not to mention depressing.

I understand why people like it-LOTS of people, they identify with the music-that is all they have to identfy with. People that are living in the low income environments & housing-this is all they know. The music reflects there life for real. You don't have to be from this type of environment to LIKE the music, but some people don't just LIKE it they are living it-there is a HUGE difference there. No the music isn't possitive-the people making it and living it aren't possitive and I don't blame them!