Clubplanet Nightlife Community

WHY IS IT THAT RICH WHITE KIDS FROM THE SUBURBS LOVE DMX

Originally posted by DollaBill:

guess what shterenta opinions are like assholes. Everyones got one. So take your and shove it up your ass. Don't be afraid to admit to the fact that you wish you were black. It's o.k we love you just the same.

because they are stupid if they saw me they would want to flex and drink ghb and workout but all they see is that dumb uneducated biglipped nappy headed ape wait till i am on television white suburban kids will become tan juicehead flexers

------------------

FLEX LIKE EVERYONE IS WATCHING, DANCE LIKE A MONKEY IN HEAT.

Originally posted by shterenta:

DOlla BIll you are a complete moron. I've never heard anyone say anything dumber. These kids would never evvvvvveeeeer want to be black. These kids are in a way fascinated with the whole lifestyle/image of being a gangster from the hood.

Dolla,

I wouldn't sweat it, this from a guy who thinks spa is the best club in nyc

cwm2.gifcwm25.gif

anyway, i saw on 20/20, or some news show like that, that the #1 buyer of rap music are males, 18-28, white, and middle to upper class, more so than black, inner city (population numbers may have something to do with that) anyway, i was stunned when i heard that too, but i think they want to be 'hard'...or they are 'hard' in their crowds, neighborhoods, and this is a way of them expressing that. its a way of them connecting to 'being a badass'.

Originally posted by nycedee:

Dolla,

I wouldn't sweat it, this from a guy who thinks spa is the best club in nyc

cwm2.gifcwm25.gif

anyway, i saw on 20/20, or some news show like that, that the #1 buyer of rap music are males, 18-28, white, and middle to upper class, more so than black, inner city (population numbers may have something to do with that) anyway, i was stunned when i heard that too, but i think they want to be 'hard'...or they are 'hard' in their crowds, neighborhoods, and this is a way of them expressing that. its a way of them connecting to 'being a badass'.

black people in the hood have no money for records they spend it all on crack and grape soda and sneakers and newports and colt 45

------------------

FLEX LIKE EVERYONE IS WATCHING, DANCE LIKE A MONKEY IN HEAT.

Originally posted by njguido69:

black people in the hood have no money for records they spend it all on crack and grape soda and sneakers and newports and colt 45

hey I don't do drugs nor smoke cigarettes nor drink grape soda nor drink Colt 45 (yuck). But I still won't most CD's that are out there regardless of who made them (unless its DT). So there! cwm21.gif

~*Jam*~

------------------

Non esco con Tizio, Caio e Sempronio. Forse Caio!

Originally posted by shterenta:

DOlla BIll you are a complete moron. I've never heard anyone say anything dumber. These kids would never evvvvvveeeeer want to be black. These kids are in a way fascinated with the whole lifestyle/image of being a gangster from the hood.

shterenta does have a point. I seriuosly don't think these kids want to be black. The whole rap thing is about image and who is tougher than who, who can get your girl from you, who is the most iced out...I am not knocking rap at all (I listen to it) but most of these guys are out there for the paper (money for those who don't understand). If they were REAL thugs...a lot of them would not be on the mic (microphone - for those who don't understand) blabbing off about what they do. They would just settle whatever the issue may be and be on there merry way. You are not going to see too many of these "thug" rappers leaving in the same neighborhood they grew up in...That would be ludicrous! For example...Mobb Deep claim to be from QB, ok, so why are they living out in Long Island? Jay Z, from Marcy projects...why does he have a crib (house) out in NJ? Puff Daddy...no need to go there on that guy, but you get the drift. I could write for days on this (looks like I already did) but the bottom line is music is music. It may have a culture following behind it but the bottom line comes down to how much is the artist getting for his records. And as for the rich kids? Well deep down they are rebels too of some sort so for them, (this is where I agree with shterenta - so pay attention) this is an escape or fantasy world where they can "feel" able to do what those rappers "claim" they have down or will do...while they take another hit of chronic (j/k, I had to do that).

Music is not specific to one group...It is made to be shared by everyone. smile.gif

~*Jam*~

------------------

Non esco con Tizio, Caio e Sempronio. Forse Caio!

Here is the answer:

Did you guys ever watch the rap videos? They are full of good lookin women. These white kids that blast hip-hop think it makes them look alot cooler and tougher. Trust me some of them are my friends. And it doesnt matter how cold it is. If they see a good lookin girl walking down the street they will roll down the windows, blast their 3,000 watt system, and drive as slow as possible. The fact that its about 15 degrees outside and the girl could care less does not phase them at all. Thats what I think.

This country is brainwashed into buying into this whole MTV/master marketing plan of hiphop/pop music/rock music (if that even exists aynmore). Kids are brainwashed into believing this scumbags who really live in million dollar houses but talk like theyre from the ghetto are "cool", because they are black and "ghetto". Rap music used to be about expression in the beginning, now its about violence, sex, degradation of women and the downfall of our society. MTV used to play music, now they're a marketing machine. They seek out nobodies, teach them to sing, dance, act, dress (britney, christina a, brandy, nsync, backstreet boys, kid rock, puff daddy, jay z, orgy, etc) and actually FORCE radio stations to play their music, make a video, promote them, and sit back while the stupid sheep (the youth of america) buy into this bullshit. 20 somethings....remember when everyone in school had clicks?? Jocks, nerds, headbangers, druggies, etc.. That was called freedom of expression. Now kids ALL DRESS, ACT, TALK, WALK, AND LISTEN TO the SAME things. "modern rock", hiphip, pop, europop trance, all the same, prefab music. Whatever MTV plays, they buy into. Props to MTV, theyve brainwashed a whole generation, glad im a child of the 80's. OK in done venting on this topic!! . cwm35.gif

-Adam F

HOUSEMUSIC, the true underground

------------------

"Children, come together, in the spirit, OF HOUSE" -Aaron Carl

Originally posted by mr.sick:

I have a question too. How come when wsg's (white surbaban gansters) talk they talk like they're from the ghetto, but when the talk to their parents or something they talk like a news anchor?

THAT pisses me off. I hate when people play roles. I'm not saying anything about white kids acting black or vice versa, that's fine if that's who you are but don't change depending on your present company.

There was a girl in my office who was white and most of her friends were black. She would speak very proper to co-workers and on the phone w/her mother...she was really sweet and perky. When she would get on the phone with her friends though it was completely different. Everything was slang, "m/f this", "da bomb that", "his baby moms is a ho". It was funny as hell, like Dr. Jeckyll and Mr. Hyde.

I just don't like when people act phony. Be who you are!! That takes real courage.

------------------

blultbar.gif

disco_anim_bf16.gif A mind that is stretched by a new experience can never go back to it's old dimensions.

Originally posted by DollaBill:

Although they won't say it, it all goes back to the fact that deep down inside they want to be black. I wish I was black sometimes, I won't lie. Black ppl are mad pimp.

Not to get all academic, but I think this question of "why white guys try to act 'black'" can be answered by looking at the role society expects of American males.

Generally, white young males learn from a young age that to be a "man," is to be well respected and/or popular in their commuinty,

go to college, and to enter a rich profession (i.e. Investment Banking,law, meds, etc.) White males are men by their job descriptions and the size of their wallets.

Now to be cool as a Black man, you don't have to be a rich dick, you just act like you have a big one. Black men are respected for stereotypes on their street smart "thug appeal," on the way they handle the ladies, and the respect they get from their social circle.

Now ask- which attitude does a white male youth (that is expected to go to college and has the funds to go and will) want to embrace in his teenage years of freedom? Acting "black" is a novelty that most of these kids don't take seriously. (Look at the hip hoppers that are suddenly candy-ravers)

Dismissing racial classifications such as "acting black" by saying people it's just "rebellion" is not true. Piss on that. There's more to it than that- a lot more. Look at where glorification of racial identities has brought us. Why do you think that the Black American community is always looking for more posititve male role models to step up?

hard core nerd! For reals, if you people read this thanks...didn't mean to write so much shit. cwm41.gif

Sad but true.

I grew up in suburban NY. I saw these kids putting on this "b-boy" front all the time.

It cracks me up. If these kids had to live the ghetto "life" even just 1 day, they would come crying home to mother.

It's so cool to be hip and talk hip when u'r living in the lap of kuxury. But guess what. Most of these kids grew out of this, as soon as they matured or entered the real world. I ran into 1 such individual not too long ago. This kid who used to talk & act black was speaking so properly, it sounded as if he was using "Kings English". It's all a fad.

peace

WHITE SUBURBAN KIDS "WANT TO BE BLACK" BECAUSE IT IS PSYCOLOGICLY NORMAL FOR TEENAGERS TO STRUGGLE WITH THEIR OWN IDENTITIES AS THEY GROW UP AND TRY TO FIND THEIR TRUE SELVES.

I DONT THINK THE CASE IS THAT THEY WANT TO BE BLACK KIDS FROM THE GHETTO, THEY CAN JUST IDENTIFY WITH SOME OF THE REBLELLION.

IT MIGHT JUST BE MORE ACCURATE THAT BLACK KIDS FROM THE GHETTO ARE JELOUS AND RESENTFUL OF THE PRIVLEGED LIVES WHITE KIDS LIVE IN THE SUBURBS.

A WHITE SUBERBAN KID MOST LIKELY WOULD NEVER WANT TO GO LIVE IN THE GHETTO, BUT IF YOU GAVE THE OPPERTUNITY TO A KID FROM THE GHETTO TO GET OUT AND LIVE LIFE IN SUBURBIA, THEY WOOULD JUMP AT IT, IF THEY WERE SMART.

PEACE TO THE PEOLPE,

MICHAEL

------------------

"looking for the secret, searching for the sound" --Phil Lesh, Greatful Dead