Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Anyone here 30 or older?

kimmr

Originally posted by packlb:

I'm 56! Only discovered clubs when I was 40. Can't live without that music. So, don't think you have to "look" young (in fact, people at clubs are very friendly to me and my friends--they seem delighted that we share this enthusiasm), and don't think you'll EVER have to stop. If you love it, why should you?

AWESOME!!!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I turn 30 in 72 days, and I grow more fascinated by the club scene as I get older. Nothing this cool existed in the 80s - simply known as "The Decade That Sucked". And I agree that having some cash to spend makes the scene so much more fun compared to the starving students. This list of "veterans" has the makings of a wild party group. Any takers?

I just a stupid question for you guys. Do the years pass by a lot faster at your age? Well, I was just thinking if when you first turn one that one year is equal to your whole life. Then when you turn 2 that 1 year equals half of your lifespan. So if youre 30, 1 year must feel like nothing since it's only 1/30th of you lifespan. I think many years later people probably lose track. Didn't you ever notice how when you ask some old people how old they are theyre not sure.

I smoke too much weed.

------------------

I can stop whenever I want.

31 in one month... and I live for drum and bass. I have not a single friend that can even stand to listen to it. Whatever. I occasionally go out alone (for a dnb party) and meet people! It seems the only ones that are my age that I meet are the djs. That's always fun.

LTJ Bukem on Tuesday at Centro Fly!!!

Hmmmmm.....how do I make this sound the way I mean it?? I hope when I'm at that "stage" in my life I can be as responsible as all of you and have the energy and "youth" in me to have as much fun as you all are certainly having. Keep on dancing and partying!!

Much respect,

biggrin.gifsmile.gifbiggrin.gifsmile.gif

Originally posted by kdc115:

31 in one month... and I live for drum and bass. I have not a single friend that can even stand to listen to it. Whatever. I occasionally go out alone (for a dnb party) and meet people! It seems the only ones that are my age that I meet are the djs. That's always fun.

What exactly is drum and bass? I ask because I am hoping its close to breakbeat music. I have been asking for weeks if anyone knows where to go and no reply..Do you??

Originally posted by kdc115:

[This message has been edited by kimmr (edited 09-17-2000).]

Originally posted by kimmr:

What exactly is drum and bass? I ask because I am hoping its close to breakbeat music. I have been asking for weeks if anyone knows where to go and no reply..Do you??

ahhh... drum and bass... a repetative heavy, grinding bass over breakbeats at about 170 beats per minute. you can check out some archived internet braodcasts at www.digital noise.com. Atmospheric dnb, like LTJ Bukem (Tuesday at CentroFly), is a bit more pleasing to those who aren't dnb heads. As for parties in NYC, there is something every night of the week. Wednesdays at Liquids is nice and chill. Fridays for Physics at 95 Leonard is bumping! Name a day, I'll name a party.

We have an offer from Kimmr of the weekend after next (the 29th) for a gathering of "The Elder Clubbers" (and, of course, anyone else who wants to hang out. We all love the scene). An obvious choice is Sasha and Digweed at Twilo on Friday the 29th. Always a great party when they're in town. Who's interested?

Originally posted by roby:

I turn 30 in 72 days, and I grow more fascinated by the club scene as I get older. Nothing this cool existed in the 80s - simply known as "The Decade That Sucked". And I agree that having some cash to spend makes the scene so much more fun compared to the starving students. This list of "veterans" has the makings of a wild party group. Any takers?

We all should definately get together. I have family in town the weekend of the 22nd. How bout meeting the last week of sept??

We all should definately get together. I have family in town the weekend of the 22nd. How bout meeting the last week of sept??

Originally posted by packlb:

I'm 56! Only discovered clubs when I was 40. Can't live without that music. So, don't think you have to "look" young (in fact, people at clubs are very friendly to me and my friends--they seem delighted that we share this enthusiasm), and don't think you'll EVER have to stop. If you love it, why should you?

Fuckin Cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

------------------

It's all in the music

I'm 28 and I still hit the clubs like Twilo, Tunnel, Exit etc... I'm *all* about the music. It's soooo much better today than it was 5 or 10 yrs. ago. No doubt that sometimes I feel like I'm part of the "older scene" but I don't really let it bother me.

If there's going to be a "get together" count me in! It'd def. be cool to meet up with some of you guys.

Tenupa

"Don't search for the answers to your questions. Live your questions and the answers will come to you."

We have an offer from Kimmr of the weekend after next (the 29th) for a gathering of "The Elder Clubbers" (and, of course, anyone else who wants to hang out. We all love the scene). An obvious choice is Sasha and Digweed at Twilo on Friday the 29th. Always a great party when they're in town. Who's interested?

This will be fun. I'm in.

I'm 28, my girlfriend is 34, and we love going out to clubs. Whoever talked about the ID thing, that's pretty funny. When she and I went to SF this weekend the bouncer took her ID and said "for real?" We both love to dance and we can't stand going to mainstream bars /cocktail parties where everyone looks the same and just stands around, so whatever. Enjoy it while you can!

I'll definitely be there at Twilo. so I'm looking out for all the other people with grey hair, then right?!! just kidding.... there's bound to be a power bar meet up at 6am, a meet at the speakers to the left of the dj booth as you look at it at 6am, maybe we should set up a separate old fogeys meet up somewhere so as not to get too confused. I'm planning to go to Vinyl first then hit Twilo around 5am.... hope to see you all there.

------------------

shoe.GIF

Well I'm 34 and I'm just starting to get back into the club life after a 7 year haetis ( is that spelled right? oh who cares)

Anyway the trick is going to be not to get so swalloed up that I loose all sence of responsibilty. I love the music and I don't know how I lived without it for 7 yrs. cwm12.gif

------------------

I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints. icon26.gif -BJ

Hi, I'm 36 & my friend that I was at Twilo with the other night is 39. I still love to party after all these years, but a lot of that is because I moved to NYC 18 months ago & that renewed my party spirit! I have a lot of friends my age who love to go out. As long as we're single, we'll be out!!!!

I'll be there in a few months. Friends of mine who don't hit the clubs think I'm cracked when I tell them I stayed somewhere until 11 in the morning. They just don't know what they're missing!

------------------

Too crazy for Boys Town, too much of a boy for Crazy Town.