Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Losing weight while clubbing!?

lolly

Just a question. FOr all the people who do E and dance the night away (or people who just dance the night away) have you lost weight since you've started clubbing? One night for PVD last year, I lost 9 pounds in one night!! I danced for like 5 straight hours without stopping. I had weighed myself the morning before I went to Twilo, got home, slept, showered, weighed myself and I was 9 lbs lighter. I know it was all mostly water weight, but some of it stayed off too! Just wondering if anyone else experiences this weight loss wonder after nights of clubbing. I know I always feel about 10 pounds lighter if I go all out that night.

This is gonna sound like a Jenny Craig commercial, but I lost 13lbs in around 4 weeks. Just measured my waist, and I went from a 33 waist to a 30 in less than two months.

Ecstacy did this for me, and it can do it for you too! Ask me how today! cwm4.gif

------------------

-=Vejita=-

"Live through the week. Live for the weekend."

Originally posted by vejita:

This is gonna sound like a Jenny Craig commercial, but I lost 13lbs in around 4 weeks. Just measured my waist, and I went from a 33 waist to a 30 in less than two months.

Ecstacy did this for me, and it can do it for you too! Ask me how today!

Yeah. I have the same experience. I have lost more than 20 pounds in 5 weeks. But I don't like it. I must do something, cause I don't wanna end up like this:

Skeleton-04.gif

------------------

We're in this together now

none of them can stop us now

we will make it through somehow...

Ecstacy did this for me, and it can do it for you too! Ask me how today! cwm4.gif

LMFAO!!

You guys crack (no pun intended) me up!

cwm32.gifcwm32.gifcwm32.gif

------------------

We are here only if you believe, but believe only if you are certain.

um...guys?...I believe that's called severe dehydration. e is one of the few drugs that actually causes dehydration while it works. add to that hours of sweating while dancing. plus e raises your body temp and increases your heart rate. and not many people want to stop and have a meal while rolling.

...all that together means a possible temporary weight loss. to give you an idea of how severe that is for your body, the most fat/weight your body can actually lose per week is only like 2 lbs. which means everything else is vital fluids.

so be good to yourself! drink lots and lots and lots of water, gatorade, juice, etc. do NOT drink alcohol, that will further dehydrate you. if you bring a baby bottle with you you may be more inclined to continue drinking (snip the nipple opening so it's larger).

FireGirl

rave fairy

*w*

as a final tidbit, I believe that most hospitalizations or deaths while on e occur because the person's body temp reached an exceedingly high level (or they did the drug cocktail)--not from the actual drug itself.

------------------

"I have only one burning desire...let me stand next to your Fire..."

Did you guys know that MDMA was tried as a dieting drug back when it was discovered, in the 1920's if I'm not mistaken? For some reason it didn't stick (hmmm...), maybe those people didn't lose as much weight as they wanted, but I bet they were pretty happy dieters, albeit unsuccesful...

I've lost (and kept off) 15 lbs in the last 2 months(unwanted weight loss).

When you do e and/or dance you

1) lose water weight

2) your heart rate speeds up, thus increasing your metabolic rate, thus burning energy faster

3) and finally your appetite is curbed (e slows down your digestive process)

SO, true, in the short run you lose mostly water weight, but over time you WILL lose fat/muscle tissue.

------------------

Thank GAWD for the music...!

In the same vein, do any of you get this urge to refeed yourself well on, let's say, Monday or Tuesday after a weekend of @@@? No, I don't get cravings to go and eat a bucket of ice cream, but I just want good food (nothing greasy/sugary/etc). And at the same time the appetite is suppressed somewhat, and the sensation of taste is improved, which makes for ideal nights to go to dinners - you don't eat much and enjoy every bit of it.

BTW, last night I was at The Elephant (1st Street betw. 1st and 2nd Avenues), and the food was spectacular - fusion of Thai and French. But the place is way too small to host an ClubNYC gathering...

It's definitely not healthy to lose so much weight in a short period of time. I think the maximum safe amount is like 2lbs a week. But of course you'll lose weight when clubbing because it's so hot, you're constantly moving, if you take e it's even worse. Losing weight might be a good thing for some, but not like this. Do it the old fashioned way - work out/diet. Just to be on the safe side.

You are right you do lose it, but when you deprive your body of any food forany period of time, what ends up happening is that you endup eating everything in sight.. your body then becomes confused and doesnt know when the next it will get any food so it stores is at fat rather than as energy..

End result----you end up gaining more weight.

cwm17.gif

------------------

------------------------@

vampienyc10

vampie@aol.com

"One is not born a woman, one becomes one."

- Simone de Beauvoir

sa1227.gif

Middle of Jan - Middle of Feb I lost 30 pounds. I was going every other week. That stopped in April and I've kept it off. I don't know how but I'm glad I did! Due to my situation I've only gone clubbing twice since then and didn't lose much either of those times. Then again they were both dopey nights and I didn't dance as much as I would have liked to.

Best diet plan I've ever been on! Even though I'm aware of the fact that it's probably horrible for me.

------------------

blultbar.gif

disco_anim_bf16.gif A mind that is stretched by a new experience can never go back to it's old dimensions.

[This message has been edited by cathyo (edited 09-26-2000).]

I read sumwheres that E used to be used as a weight loss drug in small doses, back in the day when they didn't know it had the effects we all love.

cwm11.gif

------------------

Those who are envious stare. Those who are jealous frown. Those who are equal smile. Those who are above me look down. Then recoil with fear. For they know their time is near.

Only 29.95 and a pm to me for more great advice

yea i lost 15lbs at pvd this summer. I never used to lose any weight whatsoever no matter how long i danced and or how much drugs i consumed. But of the past two times i did e which was pvd on the 21st and one time after that, i lost 10+ lbs both times.

-Rob

------------------

"And thus they give the time, that Nature meant

For peaceful sleep and meditative snores,

To ceaseless din and mindless merriment

And waste of shoes and floors."

hmr3.gif

ban1.gifmovie1b.gifscream.gif

Originally posted by firegirl:

um...guys?...I believe that's called severe dehydration. e is one of the few drugs that actually causes dehydration while it works. add to that hours of sweating while dancing. plus e raises your body temp and increases your heart rate. and not many people want to stop and have a meal while rolling.

...all that together means a possible temporary weight loss. to give you an idea of how severe that is for your body, the most fat/weight your body can actually lose per week is only like 2 lbs. which means everything else is vital fluids.

so be good to yourself! drink lots and lots and lots of water, gatorade, juice, etc. do NOT drink alcohol, that will further dehydrate you. if you bring a baby bottle with you you may be more inclined to continue drinking (snip the nipple opening so it's larger).

FireGirl

rave fairy

*w*

as a final tidbit, I believe that most hospitalizations or deaths while on e occur because the person's body temp reached an exceedingly high level (or they did the drug cocktail)--not from the actual drug itself.

YOU GO GIRL!! u know ur shit...

and while on the subject, i'd just like to add that i'm 19, never done drugs (just don't have any interest in them and i'm buck nutty as it is) and i lost about 15 lbs this summer from clubbin in june and july... just from dancin people! no e needed!

peace! -daniela

------------------

"Ooh baby, I feel like the music sounds better with you..." luna.gif

Daniella:

thumbs up on the straight-edge status, babe! actually, I made it all the way to 29 1/2 without doing any drugs of any kind (except alcohol). I think I'm just one of those fortunate people who have a gift of being able to get a natural chemical high from dancing. I just feel so damn good when I do it, that I never had the inclination to try drugs with it. very recently I tried e a few times because I was with a wonderful friend who made me feel exceptionally comfortable. but I have to say that it doesn't help the dancing experience for me at all. actually, I've found that I can't take e when I go clubbing---the music feels too aggressive then and I'm too stupid to dance with any style. plus, the hot sweaty claustrophobic environment of a club just doesn't feel good while on e. instead, I've saved a rare occasional "goodie" for happy huggy situations like a close party, preferably outdoor. but I still have to say that I don't think the high of dancing and the high of e compare. I truly prefer the first. I've just used the second if I'm seriously down.

not that I'm preaching against those who chemically indulge, everyone's got their own thing. actually, I'm thankful so many people do roll while clubbing---it means I can act as buck ass crazy as I want and people will just assume I'm high like everyone else. *wg*

so anyway, rock on with your sober self, sistah!

FG

PS--yep, when I would go out dancing once or twice a week, it sure made the body look sweeter.

Originally posted by mareluna:

YOU GO GIRL!! u know ur shit...

and while on the subject, i'd just like to add that i'm 19, never done drugs (just don't have any interest in them and i'm buck nutty as it is) and i lost about 15 lbs this summer from clubbin in june and july... just from dancin people! no e needed!

peace! -daniela

cwm30.gif

------------------

"I have only one burning desire...let me stand next to your Fire..."

I went from weighing 240 lbs. to 170 lbs. (losing SEVENTY POUNDS) in THREE MONTHS!! BEcuase I USED to be a crackhead!! All on a constant E diet. Doing E on Friday night and Saturday night. 3-4 pills a night. And I would wear a sweater in the club. I sweated my ass off. It was great.