Clubplanet Nightlife Community

To Forgive/Not to Forgive ... that is the ques.

Name something that a person u care/d about said/did to u and where u able to forgive them or not? If u did forgive them how long did it take for u to forgive them? I guess I'll answer my own ques. My cousin was suppose to be my date for my senior prom (may '00) he said he had his tuxedo and wanted to go > which made me extremely happy. Well the date was approaching and I didn't hear from him and I was tired of calling him all the time so I came to the realization that in actuality he wasn't gonna go. So I went to the prom by myself. I haven't spoken to him since May and I plan on keeping it that way! Reasons: 1. the prom is a once in a lifetime event 2. he never apologized 3. he didn't even call to say he wasn't gonna be able to go!

fyi i wrote an essay on this and i got a B cwm30.gif

"i found a safe haven on the dancefloor"

------------------

"your traveling to another dimension a dimension not only in sight and sound but of mind a journey into a wondrous land whos boundaries are that of imagination your next stop the twilight zone." athenalust@hotmail.com

we're not blood cousins so i really don't have to 4give him. hell yeah i had a good time went to limelight afterwards...that day/nite went by too fast.

------------------

"your traveling to another dimension a dimension not only in sight and sound but of mind a journey into a wondrous land whos boundaries are that of imagination your next stop the twilight zone." athenalust@hotmail.com

you have to wonder if it's worth holding a grudge....yes, your prom does only come around once and yes, he was a dick for what he did. what if he weren't around anymore?? if you knew you'd never see him again and you hadn't ever forgiven him??? how would that make you feel? you should rise to the occasion, show him you're the bigger person and forgive what he did. it makes no sense to hold grudges, just makes you bitter inside!!

------------------

jumpdei.gif Boink like a snow bunny!!!

uknj@aol.com

That happened to me my senior prom. Not my cousin though, just a good friend. She started going out with some kid and he probably didn't like it. I found somebody else to go with so wasn't all bad. I guess I forgave her but haven't really talked to since then. It was senior year and went to Jersey for college so I never saw her either, not like a cousin where they'll always be around.

it's just a prom. nothing in high school counts for shit. he's your cousin. yell at him once, forgive him, and forget the whole thing

you don't know the last time you'll see someone. and the longer you don't talk, the greater the chance you never will again. i found out just two nights ago someone i was pretty fucking close to died

about forgiveness, one of my closest friends in high school told me he loved me. i didn't forgive him for that for one or two years

------------------

FOR SALE: ROOMMATE. CHEAP

This is a real simple one. You go through life

meeting poeple day in and day out. Embrace people

into your life and trust them and respect them

For me everyone starts at the top of my list, I

give every person the benefit of the doubt to be

a good trustworthy person.

When someone disrespects or takes advantage of that

right your cut the fuck without a second thought

when someone dicks you turn your head and don't look

back. I understand it's easier said than done but

try to consider it as a level of self-respect.

a state of mind. Don't waste your time trying to

fix relationships that other people go out of their

way to fuck up.

There is a perfect quote for this example, by Malachy McCourt:

"Resentment is like taking poison and waiting for the other person to die"

Forgive your cousin, and time will tell if he can forgive himself.

------------------

I hate it when I misspell things. cwm23.gif

[This message has been edited by ichi_gami (edited 01-09-2001).]

Originally posted by visions:

Embrace people into your life and trust them and respect them For me everyone starts at the top of my list, I give every person the benefit of the doubt to be a good trustworthy person.

When someone disrespects or takes advantage of that right your cut the fuck without a second thought when someone dicks you turn your head and don't look back. I understand it's easier said than done but try to consider it as a level of self-respect.

a state of mind. Don't waste your time trying to fix relationships that other people go out of their way to fuck up.

I am totally feeling you on this one, I couldn't add a thing to it!!!!!! cwm20.gif

------------------

Hi! How ya doing? where ya been, I had thoughts of you all night long.

Can't describe what you did, but you got me so!

Aolimer: Glowgirl42000

Email: Sugar4@earthlink.net

/>http://www.amihot.com/personalpage.asp?ID=776FFDE8A7A242F29C933CB8CD09E6DB

Originally posted by ichi_gami:

Great quote...

cwm30.gif

- Meli -

------------------

buttercup_02.icobubbles_06b.icobuttercup_07.icobubbles_03.icobuttercup_01.ico

"MeliChaCha -- Saving the world before bedtime... wait... I'm supposed to SLEEP?!"

"I've said it before and I'll say it again: Life moves pretty fast -- if you don't stop and look around every once in a while, you might miss it." - The incomparable Ferris Bueller

2001: THE YEAR OF THE CHACHA!!!

... and to all my people, "Peace -- and Humpty-ness forever!"

AIM: MeliChaCha

E-MAIL: MeliChaCha@powerpuff.com <--- new addy!

OR MeliChaCha@aol.com

I guess my two cents to this one are: life is too short to go through being pissed off with other's. I mean yeah, people make mistakes and sometimes hurt you because they might not think about the consequences and effects their actions might have on other ones. Still, all the hate and bad feeling you carry inside you...will only effect YOUR life and YOUR happiness.

...and then, believe me in some time from now on...your prom won't be such a big thing anymore wink.gif

------------------

an1701.gif

Originally posted by ichi_gami:

is that Frank McCourt's father?

------------------

FOR SALE: ROOMMATE. CHEAP

Always forgive...Never forget...A grudge never feels good and only ferments inside you like a festering sore. cwm23.gif You'll be a much happier human if you acknowlege what he did...think of it as an immature act done to you in the past, keep in mind that people hurt people, and always look forward.

cwm38.gifcwm11.gif

------------------

"Those who know, don't tell. Those who tell, don't know."