Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Ok we are changing the cover of Nightlife Underground.Opinions please!

Ok clubnyc.com board you have made us rethink our cover. That is why we did this. We are still going with beautiful women on the cover but we are cleaning it up a little. Opinions please good or bad. Thanks and we hope you like it; this is getting expensive. You can email me at Chaseyvain@aol.com

My opinion still stands that while a beautiful woman may be eye catching for some people, it doesn't seem to fit the branding you claim the mag is aiming for. You can have a sexy, sensual cover that touches more on the kinetic/communal nature of the nightlife scene. That would be my personal recommendation and that would be a cover that would draw me in. Just my opinion once again.

Thank you, Chasey for asking us for our opinions. I really do admire your magazine for doing that and trying to get a feel for what the nightlife community wants. I will definitely be taking a look at it when its published, especially because of that. I think you have the right motives.

-Oo

------------------

"When the soul wishes to experience something, she throws an image of the experience out before her, and enters into her own image." -Eckhart

"Solitude gives birth to the original in us, beauty unfamiliar and perilous - to poetry." - Thomas Mann

[This message has been edited by ooana (edited 01-11-2001).]

Guest crystalmethodny

Hi,

I really do like the new picture better, however is it something you really want on the cover of a nightlife book?

Those pics very much aim it towards a fashiony or men's consumer book.

Just expressing my opinion. I'm in the business of magazines.

Ciao

------------------

"We're going to build things up slowly... are you with me? Here we go."

"I think of you, how I used to do on Sunday Afternoons."

www.extremegroove.com

That girl is *beautiful*

biggrin.gif

and i think that the new cover makes it appear more like something that would appear on the cover of cosmo or elle or some other magazine . . .

just my opinion smile.gif

luv,

brandie

------------------

"And those who were seen dancing

were thought to be insane by those

who could not hear the music."

"To love someone is something..to be loved by someone is something else..

but to be loved by the one you love is everything.." Rob&Brandie AAF

loves2cox@netscape.net

AIM: loves2cox

damnit steve - i said almost the same thing, lol!! smile.gif

must be the family wink.gif

luv,

brandie

------------------

"And those who were seen dancing

were thought to be insane by those

who could not hear the music."

"To love someone is something..to be loved by someone is something else..

but to be loved by the one you love is everything.." Rob&Brandie AAF

loves2cox@netscape.net

AIM: loves2cox

What does she have to do with the club scene?

------------------

~LiPz~

aim:LikmyLipz

"if g-d hates freaks so much, then why did he create them? Freaks are like gormet dishes in SoHo restaurants. Cucuembers with lemon mousse on salmon baked with chocolate. It dosen't make sence. Its inedible. But some chef keeps comming up with more and more bizarre combinations. And theres always people to eat them."

/>http://hometown.aol.com/lipzlipzlipz/LIPZ.html

Guest crystalmethodny

Originally posted by brandie:

damnit steve - i said almost the same thing, lol!! smile.gif

must be the family wink.gif

luv,

brandie

*grins*

Uh huh

------------------

"We're going to build things up slowly... are you with me? Here we go."

"I think of you, how I used to do on Sunday Afternoons."

www.extremegroove.com

Originally posted by ooana:

My opinion still stands that while a beautiful woman may be eye catching for some people, it doesn't seem to fit the branding you claim the mag is aiming for. You can have a sexy, sensual cover that touches more on the kinetic/communal nature of the nightlife scene. That would be my personal recommendation and that would be a cover that would draw me in. Just my opinion once again.

Thank you, Chasey for asking us for our opinions. I really do admire your magazine for doing that and trying to get a feel for what the nightlife community wants. I will definitely be taking a look at it when its published, especially because of that. I think you definitely have the right motives.

-Oo

i have to agree.

a beautful woman in her element, ie a photo her at a club, mingling w/ other people, or in some kind of social situation would catch the glamour as well as social aspect which is what i assume your focusing on.

-Rob

------------------

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they never use" -Soren Kierkegaard

"People who know little are usually great talkers, while men who know much say little." -Rousseau

"One must learn to be a sponge if one wants to be loved by hearts that overflow." -Frederich Neitzsche 2-Brandie&Rob-11

hmr3.gif

Hey Chasey...

Thank you for taking our opinion!

That is huge, that you guys even considered the opinion of "the clubbing elite" cwm1.gif

Seriously though, that shows you guys ARE actually about the content and not just trying to get circulation for circulation's sake.

As far as the new cover, it definitely is an improvement. I agree with Oo that it should give the vibe of a clubbing environment...and this pic does so more than the last.

So, I guess I'm happy. Maybe (don't shoot me!) a person w/the colored glasses peeps wear clubbing, glo stix, or those little photon lights?

-Furny

------------------

furnace.gif

I like the new cover better! Girl is still a looker!

But if this is a CLUB MAG then I still think it should be more of a club THEME

JUST mo

------------------

Hi! How ya doing? where ya been, I had thoughts of you all night long.

Can't describe what you did, but you got me so!

Aolimer: Glowgirl42000

Email: Sugar4@earthlink.net

/>http://www.amihot.com/personalpage.asp?ID=776FFDE8A7A242F29C933CB8CD09E6DB

Def. better but I have to agree with the others here. I think you'll have more takers with a group shot or club interior. Something like trippintrance's sig.

------------------

blultbar.gif

A mind that is stretched by a new experience can never go back to it's old dimensions.

~*~*~Don't use time or words carelessly, neither can be retrieved.~*~*~

Ok listen if someone has a shot that they think should be on the cover I will present to the powers that be. If it is a keeper you will get full credit and a keepsake for all time... So send your photos by email to chaseyvain@aol.com If we decide to use it you will need to send a high resolution photo by email or the photo by reg mail to us..Just send a regular jpeg first ( no zips) ... Thanks and yes we do care what the customer thinks... we are new and this feedback is great... chaseyvain@aol.com

Great idea Chasey. Hope one of our members gets their pic immortalized smile.gif

------------------

blultbar.gif

A mind that is stretched by a new experience can never go back to it's old dimensions.

~*~*~Don't use time or words carelessly, neither can be retrieved.~*~*~