Clubplanet Nightlife Community

WHAT IS WRONGF WITH NYC?

WHAT IS NYC'S PROBLEM WITH WEED?

WOW, I FOUND IT REALLY FUCKIN FUNNY.

I WOULD, BY MYSELF, ASK THE ROUGHEST, BIGGEST, LOOKING PEOPLE ALL OVER THE CITY FOR A LITTLE HERB, AND THEY WOULD GET SCARED AND WALK AWAY. I'M NOT SAYING ONE OR TWO PEOPLE, I WENT UP TO SOOO MANY PEOPLE, ALL OF THEM CRAZY LOOKING FUCKS, THEY WERE ALL SCARED.

ONE GUY ON THE SUBWAY TOLD ME THE REASON WAS, THEY ALL THOUGHT I WAS UNDERCOVER COP.....I'M A WHITE GUY 5'9'', 135LBS...UNDERCOVER??? ARE THESE GUYS FUCKIN RETARDED.

I DIDN'T GET WEED UNTIL 5:00AM ON THE MORNING I LEFT, AND I WAS SEARCHED BY THIS GUY FIRST.

I DON'T WANT TO GENERALIZE, BUT I ASKED EVERY TYPE OF PERSON, I EVEN ASKED A MAN WITH HIS WIFE AND KIDS. (JOKES ABOUT THE IFE AND KIDS, BUT I ASKED OLDER MEN TOO) NYC HAS TO RELAX A LITTLE WITH MARIJUANA, IT'S GROWN FROM THE GROUND AND CAN'T KILL YOU, YOU CAN'T OVERDOSE (MAYBE FALL ASLEEP), YOU DON'T GET VIOLENT LIKE WITH ALCOHOL, AND WHEN STONED, YOU'RE NOT A BOTHER TO ANYONE.

I DON'T KNOW, CAN SOMEONE MAYBE EXPLAIN IT A LITTLE BETTER TO ME WHAT THE PROBLEM WITH NYC AND WEED IS?

BOLTS

------------------

RE DEL MONDO, CAPO DI TUTTI I CAPI

I'M SORRY, BUT ITS PRETTY MUCH THE SAME WHERE I'M FROM, BUT WE DON'T STRESS OUT THAT MUCH.

IT WAS JUST REALLY FUCKED TO EXPERIENCE THAT, EVEN AFTER ALL THE SHIT THAT GOES AROUND ABOUT NYC...IT'S DANGEROUS, LOTS OF DRUGS, LOTS OF PROBLEMS...HA, ATLEAST I'LL KNOW WHAT TO DO IF I'M GETTING ROBBED IN NYC...I'LL ASK FOR SOME WEED AND THEY'LL RUN HA.

CAN ANYONE ELSE HELP ME UNDERSTAND WHY PEOPLE WERE GETTING SOO SCARED?

BOLTS

------------------

listen you loser fuck, I wasn't insulting anyone. It's just the way it is.

If you did come to Toronto and asked someone, eighter they would say no because they didn't have enough, or they would tell you were to find, and if you were lucky enough you would get smoked for free just for saying you were a tourist. That's just the way it is.

Trust me I didn't mean that in an insulting way at all, I love NYC, it was just fucked to find out.

bolts

------------------

I cannot describe with wordz how much of a little low-life punk this kid comez off az.

NYC city iz the most amazing intriguing place i have eva been 2, and thatz why i go there every weekend. Maybe the problem liez in u instead of the city, eva think of that?

Originally posted by bolts:

I WOULD, BY MYSELF, ASK THE ROUGHEST, BIGGEST, LOOKING PEOPLE ALL OVER THE CITY FOR A LITTLE HERB, AND THEY WOULD GET SCARED AND WALK AWAY. I'M NOT SAYING ONE OR TWO PEOPLE, I WENT UP TO SOOO MANY PEOPLE, ALL OF THEM CRAZY LOOKING FUCKS, THEY WERE ALL SCARED.

ONE GUY ON THE SUBWAY TOLD ME THE REASON WAS, THEY ALL THOUGHT I WAS UNDERCOVER COP.....I'M A WHITE GUY 5'9'', 135LBS...UNDERCOVER??? ARE THESE GUYS FUCKIN RETARDED.

I DIDN'T GET WEED UNTIL 5:00AM ON THE MORNING I LEFT, AND I WAS SEARCHED BY THIS GUY FIRST.

I DON'T WANT TO GENERALIZE, BUT I ASKED EVERY TYPE OF PERSON, I EVEN ASKED A MAN WITH HIS WIFE AND KIDS. (JOKES ABOUT THE IFE AND KIDS, BUT I ASKED OLDER MEN TOO) NYC HAS TO RELAX A LITTLE WITH MARIJUANA, IT'S GROWN FROM THE GROUND AND CAN'T KILL YOU, YOU CAN'T OVERDOSE (MAYBE FALL ASLEEP), YOU DON'T GET VIOLENT LIKE WITH ALCOHOL, AND WHEN STONED, YOU'RE NOT A BOTHER TO ANYONE.

I DON'T KNOW, CAN SOMEONE MAYBE EXPLAIN IT A LITTLE BETTER TO ME WHAT THE PROBLEM WITH NYC AND WEED IS?

BOLTS

Yo bro. you need to check yourself. First of all everyone in NYC is not a drug dealer. If I was with my family and or good friends and a person white, black, yellow or what ever came up to me and asked me for bud I would do the same thing. You have to be kidding me it was not a concert. Plus if you are for real you need to go where it is. forget about looking like a cop,which by the way you sound like based on you discrip. There is an etiquette everywhere you go, I suggest you learn before you a)make a fool of yourself B)make stupid comments like this one.

------------------

pharaoh.gif

RA KNOWS

BOLTS

the point you're making about weed are valid, but that has nothing to do with nyc. you think people are gonna just bust out sacks of week when you ask them on the streets???

------------------

chronic is the answer...

Dude, I'm not trying to start drama or anything, but you have to realize something. Your in NY, you can't just go up to a complete stranger and ask them for drugs. I smoke like 3 joints a day on average and if some random dude came up to me on the street, even I wouldn't fucking tell you where to get some.

It's just smoker's etiquette, this type of shit is kept on the down low. You need to get the number of a delivery service or if you don't care for the killers, go to Washington square park, you can always score a bag of gaks there!!! GOOD LUCK

Did it ever occur to you that maybe not everybody SMOKES weed? Not everyone in NYC smokes! If you go up to some random person with a wife and kids at their side, of COURSE they're gonna get a little freaked. NYC doesn't have a PROBLEM with weed. Please! cwm36.gif

If some guy with a canadian accent (like you) came up to me and asked me where you could score some weed, I'd get a little freaked out too. Even if I knew I wouldn't go telling you. You have to know where to go in the city to get it. Washington Square Park...go there. You'll be in there for 5 minutes and be asked 10 times if you need some weed.

------------------

grenda.gif

HAHAHA.... This isn't Amsterdam where U can ask ppl where to get budz. Word to the wise don't waste ur $ on that rag weed...shwagg the Rastafarians are sellin in Washington Square Park plus ur takin the risk of gettin arrested...I heard Guilani installed camera's all ova da place.

Peace

AGREED! You need your connects. Too many dt's!!! Being 5'9 and 135lbs doesn't mean anything, they come in all shapes and sizes!

Write to Guiliani about your complaint, he'll have an answer for you.

------------------

People come into your life for reasons not yet known, keep your mind, heart and soul open.

AIM: Xxlea77

If you did come to Toronto and asked someone, eighter they would say no because they didn't have enough, or they would tell you were to find, and if you were lucky enough you would get smoked for free just for saying you were a tourist. That's just the way it is.

I wouldn't want to live in a place like that. I guess I'm just used to private deals not street corner stuff.

------------------

blultbar.gif

A mind that is stretched by a new experience can never go back to it's old dimensions.

~*~*~Don't use time or words carelessly, neither can be retrieved.~*~*~

Wow, you guys really do have to relax, ya maybe smoke a nice dube.

Trust me I ment no offence at all, it was just pretty fucked for me.

And I did ask in clubs, and everywhere else possible. I didn't ask a family, just people that I thought were safe to ask (undercover wise).

It's not legal in Toronto, but pretty much everyone smokes, it's not really a "drug", it's more like a drink after a hard day, a casual thing. Cops wouldn't bother someone if they had a personal amount (unless their dicks).

Everyone has to relax a little about weed, it's nothing crazy, you can't really get hooked, you can't overdose, you're no harm to anyone when you're stoned. Basically everyone has to relax a little, it's nothing big, you make it seem like crack.

And ya, you could go up to anyone and ask them, they might say no (no problems) or as I said before they'll give to you, or tell you where to go.

bolts

------------------

[This message has been edited by bolts (edited 01-05-2001).]

Bolts...

I've been to NYC and there is plenty of weed.

But yeah, its harder to find as a tourist with no connections. Why? Because its the USA where they invented the "war on Drugs". Who else has a fucking Drug Enforcement Administration? And even if things are not as bad as during the Reagan days things are still tougher there. And NYC has a big police force and a Mayor who is "cleaning up the city".

Put it all together and you will find that the drug etiquette in NYC is differnt than say London or Montreal or even smaller towns in the USA. You gotta get to know people first and be creative and tactful in how you find. Does that make it nearly impossible for a totally unconnected tourist to find pills or weed within' their 3 day stay without taking unbelievably stupid risks? Yeah. But that's how it is so set things up beforehand or spend a few weekends sober getting to know the clubbers. Once you find one dclubber who says "wanna party at my place after?" you are set.