Clubplanet Nightlife Community

sasha & digweed v. paul van dyk

weyes

i've only been to twilo once, and that was four years ago, so it doesn't count. my friend, who wishes to remain anonymous, has been there, but doesn't remember...

neither of us has heard sasha and digweed, so we are thinking of going on the 26th, but i really am diggin' on paul van dyk's new album. i'm afraid that we might hate twilo and not want to come back for paul van dyk, or maybe that just my nameless friend (who has now decided that she wants to be known on this post as "smokey") won't want to return.

i know we're being a little vague here, but smokey wants music that "will make me shake my ass," and i'm a trancegirl; i guess i already made that clear by declaring my love for p.v.d.

question #1: should smokey and i skip s & d and wait to see p.v.d. to be on the safe side? we don't know if we can wait that long...

and question #2: doesn't everyone just go to see sasha and digweed 'cause everybody else does? are they overrated or what ('cause nobody on the board ever talks about paul van dyk)?

thank you guys, we are in such desperate need of booty shakin', and we appreciate all of your advice.

[This message has been edited by weyes (edited 01-17-2001).]

Hey girl. Sorry I forgot you name, but remember meeting at the rave on the island. IMO, you and your friend will have more fun at S&D... it's not as crowded and you have some room to dance around. When PVD comes you won't be able to move and inch until like 6 o'clock.

Sasha and Digweed at Twilo is a must if you've never been.

biggrin.gif

//sariman

------------------

P eace

L ove

U nity

R espect

"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today!" -- James Dean

if u wanna play it safe stay home and just play chess...remember that when your in your dieing bed...the things you regeret are not the things u did but the things u didn't do....go for it man! Sasha and john digfuck will be nice...i'll be there and so should your smokey ass frined..(just kidding) your nice friend...and as far as them being over rated and peeps just goin' cos everyone else go...well u might have a point but it's still fun..ehheheehehheeeeeee I think JP at SF is better than sasha & John digweed..but thats just my opinion...heheheheee

hey, gambitx73, don't go frontin' on chess, now, 'cause i read your post on meeting up at the chess forum before s&d. you're just saying that chess is lame so that we'll all think that you're not good at it, HUSTLA!

ok, so smokey and i will be at s&d. i'll have to post a topic about a meetup, but i don't even know what time to be there, what time to expect to be ABLE to get in, what to wear to get in (i'm a raver and i've heard that twilo ain't too kind to my kind)... maybe i'll have to post a topic about that to get replies about this.

anyhoo, we'll see. thanks for the advice so far.

cwm1.gif

go to Both. S&D are rated #1 and #5 in the world. PVD is 4th. We are sooooooooooooooo

lucky to have them this available to us. Anywhere else would have to sell tickets in advance. I heard of those guys doing sets in front of like 60+ thousand people. They are not in the least, over rated.

Go to PVD because he isn't around as much.

(that's if you have to pick between the 2)

Originally posted by weyes:

hey, gambitx73, don't go frontin' on chess, now, 'cause i read your post on meeting up at the chess forum before s&d. you're just saying that chess is lame so that we'll all think that you're not good at it, HUSTLA!

ok, so smokey and i will be at s&d. i'll have to post a topic about a meetup, but i don't even know what time to be there, what time to expect to be ABLE to get in, what to wear to get in (i'm a raver and i've heard that twilo ain't too kind to my kind)... maybe i'll have to post a topic about that to get replies about this.

anyhoo, we'll see. thanks for the advice so far.

cwm1.gif

ROFLMAO twilo not kind to ravers?

that must be one of the most funniest posts i have seen all week!

I just got an email from twilo stating there dress code for fridays is Casual/Jeans and sneakers....

Besides i think Twilo has the most ravers in it on fridays then any other club......

WHERE THE HELL DID THE DRESS CODE GOOOOOO?

::tears into hands::

------------------

aim:LikmyLipz

e-mail:LikmyLipz@aol.com

lik.gifhttp://hometown.aol.com/lipzlipzlipz/LIPZ.html

[This message has been edited by LikmyLipz (edited 01-18-2001).]

Originally posted by twilogoddess:

S&D is just as packed as PVD. I would & am goin to both. If u go to s&d u'll be waiting till 6 to dance. 6-10 are insanely hard. PVD u can dance 2-8:30 no problem.

confused.gif

pvd stays more packed til later then s&d, who has room to dance at two at pvd?????

------------------

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they never use" -Soren Kierkegaard

"People who know little are usually great talkers, while men who know much say little." -Rousseau

"One must learn to be a sponge if one wants to be loved by hearts that overflow." -Frederich Neitzsche 2-Brandie&Rob-11

hmr3.gif

Originally posted by twilogoddess:

S&D is just as packed as PVD. I would & am goin to both. If u go to s&d u'll be waiting till 6 to dance. 6-10 are insanely hard. PVD u can dance 2-8:30 no problem.

Glowgirl is right! Regardless of what the rankings are, and who is a better dj, S&D play her once a month and PVD only once every OTHER month. S&D get more press, and since they play more, more people come, and then go home and spread the word. There are definitely more people at S&D _just_to_be_at_S&D than for PVD.

Ben: I must disagree, my friend. As I said above, it is MUCH more packed at S&D than PVD. And, in my opinion, PVD is better anyways.

Weyes and Smokey: If you are more of a raver at heart, I recommend the "off" nights, where the fair-weather clubbers aren't there (you know, the ones with greased short hair, tight shirts/no shirts, gold neclaces, drinking beer and causing fights).

For example: This Sat: Danny Howells. Pappa last weekend, and Lawler the week before. And Nick Warren coming up. Timo Maas, Richie Hawtin, Carl Cox/Danny Teneglia, etc.

Lawler has a bi-monthly residency also, you should DEFINITELY check it out next time.

Hope this helps!

------------------

furnace.gif

I've had arguments with many friends on this subject, and this is my opinion.

PVD - He is an overrated DJ. His DJing skills are nowhere near as good as Sasha and Digweed in terms of programming, track selection, and mixing. He knows how to get a crowd going tho, but that is because from the start, he will play fast beat cheesy trance. And he plays the same cheesy shit all the time. To me it's just the name. PVD this, PVD that. He is very overrated. He's a better producer, and thats' where he should stay, in the studios. I don't think most of the shit produces sounds like trance, it's more technoey.

Sasha and Digweed on the otherhand. They are the 2 best DJ's in the world. They also know how to get the crowd going, and knows what the crowd wants. Their DJing skills are flawless, and they will mix up the track selection unlike PVD. And they have the progressive sets, which I personally like better... building the set up. And I like their style better. Dark, Deep, house/trance.

But, if you and you're friend want to shake their ass. Both nights are good. Even tho I think PVD is a cheesy DJ, when he spins.. you can feel the vibe... but then S&D spin.. you feel the vibe more...