Clubplanet Nightlife Community

** D A N N Y F U C K I N G H O W E L L S **

Excuse my french everyone but I just wanted to give you guys my little review of one of the most perfectly programmed sets that I have ever heard. It goes up there with the big boys a la SnD & DT.

I arrived there around 1230 while the snow started dumping on it. I was only on a few hours sleep from the night before (Wink, Alvarado, then Vinyl to hear Matt Licata) so I wasn't in any shape to do another 8 hour marathon. Atleast that's what I thought...LOL!

Danny started out like he started out with cd1 of his Nubreed. Nice, smooth, lush house tracks I've never heard. This is how to warm up the crowd. It's textbook, I swear!

I walked around Twilo a few times saying hello to everyone and thanking them for coming out and showing Mr. Howells early support.

I guess around 2 am things started to get picked up another notch. I put my seatbelt on for this one cuz I knew we were in for a fucking ride of our lives!

He dropped that Satoshi Tomiie "Love in traffic" creamer mix which made my friend's panties all wet. Fucking tune! Can we say that Creamer is the man of the moment??

Anyways, back to the set... Danny was in his zone. I loved his interaction with the crowd. I wish we got a little of that from Diggers but it's all good.

I think around 330 is when Danny started pounding what I think is techno. Really, I don't know what to call it. It was one of the sickest 2 1/2 hours I've ever witnessed. I would pay top dollar for the recorded DATs. Tracks we won't hear until summer of 2001 in Ibiza n Shit!

Shout outs to those who were with me on the dancefloor until the end. You know who you are?

Spoke with Danny afterwards and he said he was a bit rusty!!! Can u believe that shit! He'll be back in March and you better believe I'll be there from start to finish! For those of you that missed it AGAIN, don't make it a habit. Come see what the fuss is all about.

I knew a total of 4 tracks the entire night... WTF!!!

The DJ, the music, and ME!

any comments??

For those that areh heading down to Miami in March, Danny will be at Space on Saturday March 24th along with Deep Dish and many others...

Wow. I'm glad to know it wasn't just me who didn't recognize but a few of the songs. The man was on fire. The music was right all night, evolving from house-ish to more techno. And Howells says he was RUSTY?? I am afraid to hear a set when he feels he was good!

Glad some people got to meet the man who might just be the new king of Twizlos.

------------------

paris

in the

the spring

[This message has been edited by ichi_gami (edited 01-22-2001).]

Uh huh.......well said Diego.....the man wouldn't let me leave the dance floor once.....I almost dehydrated in the process until I got Andy and JJ to start waiting on me......thanks fellas.

Mikey

------------------

"The silent dog is the first to bite..." - me

Originally posted by tyco:

Uh huh.......well said Diego.....the man wouldn't let me leave the dance floor once.....I almost dehydrated in the process until I got Andy and JJ to start waiting on me......thanks fellas.

Mikey

Yeah, I had the same problem!! I was starting to get dehydrated cuz I couldn't leave the dancefloor long enough to refill my bottle...hehe..once I actually just bought another bottle so I didn't have to leave the room!!

------------------

"I would believe only in a god who could dance."

Nietzche

Any track of the night for u guys? I think mine was either planet funk "Chase the sun" which was played at exactly 6am. It was supposed to be that last track of his set but Bindra said he can continue for another 15 minutes. Thanks for that Mike!

Science Dept "U think you're jesus" is another top tune.

Did u guys hear him ride those mixes for like 3-4 minutes??? Damn!

Howells just moved into my top 3 djs.

Diggers

DT

Howells

Sasha

Laurent Garnier

DOn't know the name of the track, or the exact time...but there was this one track that just kept building using layers...I f**kin loved that.

And of course "I'll Hide you"

How come they don't use the kryogenefix on Sat nights?

------------------

"I would believe only in a god who could dance."

Nietzche

Originally posted by Nolimit:

Any track of the night for u guys? I think mine was either planet funk "Chase the sun" which was played at exactly 6am. It was supposed to be that last track of his set but Bindra said he can continue for another 15 minutes. Thanks for that Mike!

Science Dept "U think you're jesus" is another top tune.

Did u guys hear him ride those mixes for like 3-4 minutes??? Damn!

Howells just moved into my top 3 djs.

Diggers

DT

Howells

Sasha

Laurent Garnier

you said it! i think he jumped over pops on my list to 3rd best. and he's a fuckin monthly resident! double fuckin drool!

------------------

chronic is the answer...

I for one thoroughly enjoyed Howells set. His programming and track selection took me on a journey from start to finish. Never once was there an abrupt change in music, but a controlled and graceful build over the course of the night. Beautiful I must say.

Though I must admit, for me, the music that Lawler laid down two weeks ago had much more of an edge and really made me move. Don't get me wrong, I loved Howells set and the music he played was nothing less than beautiful, but it didn't make me dance the way Lawler did.

I left Twilo around 6:30 or 7 feeling thorougly blissful and content. To top off the night, myself and some friends hired a limo parked outside Twilo to drive us "back to mine" for afterhours.

Fantastic night I must say.

------------------

*************************I got to thank god for the music.

NoLimit: Definitely agree on the Planet Funk track...that song rules! It sounds kinda cheesy at first, but grows on you...the perfect song to end a set with. I tore it up with raver mania and janky when he dropped it...the look of amazement in our eyes summed it up!

Last time I heard it was at Pete Tong...his last song. It is on Tong's grooveradio.com mix for the peeps who haven't heard it...first song.

Simply fantastic set. You said it all, Diego.

-Oo

------------------

"When the soul wishes to experience something, she throws an image of the experience out before her, and enters into her own image." -Eckhart

"Solitude gives birth to the original in us, beauty unfamiliar and perilous - to poetry." - Thomas Mann

Methinks we are witnessing the changing of the guard.

Howells is definitely pushing the envelope. He's got a fresh new sound that is simply amazing.

Even Diego only recognized 4 tracks.

And he's a friendly DJ that vibes well off the crowd as well. And he took the time to talk to us afterwards.

What more could you want from a DJ?

------------------

furnace.gif