Clubplanet Nightlife Community

before I litened to electronic I listened to...(fill in the blank)

I used to be a bigtime Phish head. I listened to alternative and dance too. I am sooooo glad I saw the light thanks to a DJ from Hartford, DJ Ranpage.

------------------

"Anybody can mix two records together but it takes a DJ to be able to do it creativley and make new sound out of that music" --A great wise man

"Spinning is like creating a new world in that room for that one night. You create a one night oblivion where nothing outside that room matters, all that matters is feeling the music and loving every second of it." --Another great wise man

Originally posted by brandie:

grateful dead . . . bob marley . . . the doors . . . etc

i was in my i am a total pothead earth child phase smile.gif

luv,

brandie

Those were the best days. The Doors are still the greatest ever- Jim Morrison is the man.

BOLTS

------------------

RE DEL MONDO, CAPO DI TUTTI I CAPI

Tool- Aenema

Sinead O'Connor- Lion & the Cobra

NIN

DePeche Mode

list goes on, but I really feel what PulseDriver is saying.

------------------

...and in a mystery to be

(when time from time shall set us free)

forgetting me, remember me

-e. e. cummings

AOL IM: petrol01

classic rock, i guess you'd call it.....led zep and floyd were my alltime faves...def. still dig them but things have changed....i was a burnout in high school....well maybe some things will never change!

------------------

jumpdei.gif Boink like a bunny with spring fever!!!

uknj@aol.com

92.3-- all that is rock smile.gif

this is an interesting thread-- looks like most of us listened to rock before we started listening to the various types of electronica.... well.. considering there's been so much talk about "rock is dead" etc etc..

..does anyone here believe that electronica led to the death of rock?????

cwm19.gif

peace! --daniela

------------------

FairyAniSparkel.gif

"And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music." AoL: MAReLuNa

I don't think that "rock is dead", but I do think that electronica music led to it bein called that. I look at my sister, she's 16, in highschool, and she listens to what I listen too!!! And all her friends too, wow, I remember when I was 16 I didn't even wanna hear about dance music or whatever, it was just 92.3 for me, lol!!!

OMG, and my little "skater" phase, lol!!!

I SWORE that I would be dressing like that till I was 40!!!! Yeahhhhhhhh rite, god now I look back and see old pictures of me, omg, why didn't anyone tell me how horrible I looked!!! Now I can't even remember the last time I listened to 92.3!!!

romy20

------------------

tunnel.gif

ARE YOU FEELING IT?

clubchick20@hotmail.com

Hmm....lets see. Definately the Bob's...(Dylan and Marley) Doors, Phish, little Alman Brothers Band...ummm...Hendrix, and to top it all off. Classical. Mozart especially. (Dont ask)

------------------

I have never known beauty like yours before...with eyes of the most perfect blue, and a form that speaks of poetry. And now here I hold you in my arms...

...and within that simple kiss did I know my heart. And opening my eyes, feeling the love that surged through my body, that made my heart pound and my head swim...I gave myself to you

Originally posted by dmerces:

I used to be a bigtime Phish head. I listened to alternative and dance too. I am sooooo glad I saw the light thanks to a DJ from Hartford, DJ Ranpage.

are you KIDDING me

randy is one of my good friends!!!!!

he is the resident at the club i work at now

luv,

brandie

------------------

brandiefinal.jpg

loves2cox@netscape.net

AIM: loves2cox

before i listen to elec....(I still listen to it though) new york hard core music, black metal, death metal, hip hop. IM GOING TO SEE a Black metal show at the lime light in may. DOES ANYONE ELSE fall in the same position as me smile.gif ?? AOL-mes screenname: molotov11372 cwm23.gifcwm44.gifcwm12.gif

------------------

farrah-

mmmmm let meeee remember mmmmm... I think it started when I got into industrial front 242, bigod 20, the normal, Skinny Puppy of course the greatest of them all.

ah! I remember now,

It was those remixes that front 242 made for spacetime continumm that drove meee to look for more and the rest is history.

All music that would seem like the natural lead in to what we know as electronic music today...everything from punk to goth to prep to techno. I would very occassionally throw on some "Tragically Hip Type" music or the likes....but very rarely. Not into grunge or rock (unless you include Floyd and Zeppelin) or pop or the likes!!!

cwm1.gifcwm1.gifcwm1.gif

------------------

1006.gif