Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Bars/Lounges in Hoboken

can someone please send me a list of good bars and lounges in Hoboken and the type of music/scene in each one.......a friend of mine is looking for some suggestions......

thanx!!!!

------------------

The entertainment business is a cruel and shallow money trench - a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free and weak men die like dogs.......

lightinggirl@hotmail.com

Originally posted by fletchnyc74:

There are two places that my friends like to pre game. I personally think Hoboken sucks!

1. clam broth bar (commercial house and trance)

2. boo boo's (commercial house and some under ground stuff)

There are both located to the right and left of the Cadillac bar...

what is the cadillac bar like?...my friends are looking for something hip...but someplace they can hold a conversation without yelling at each other.....and unlike me...they are into rock more than house......anymore ideas?

thanx!

------------------

The entertainment business is a cruel and shallow money trench - a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free and weak men die like dogs.......

lightinggirl@hotmail.com

Originally posted by fletchnyc74:

the caddy bar is a rock joint/pick up bar! your friends should feel right at home... cwm22.gif

is it too loud for conversation?

------------------

lightinggirl@hotmail.com

Sandman,

stay out of this......

Now....it all depends on what night you are going out......River street can be your spot......The front bar plays a little of everything.....and the club itself plays all house....its a good time and i think everyone will be happy. I live in hoboken and if you and your girlfriends need a guide just holla!!!!!!!

Guest ravegirl

ok here's my $.02.... if you're are lookin for a trendy hip scene... little more classy, no cheez- go to Martini Blue, Rodeo, City Bistro, or Bar None... They are all a little more upscale- loungy type places- the bar at 10th and willow isn't bad either if you want more of the bar scene...Definitely not Caddy Bar or Riverstreet- 2 of the worse places in hoboken!!!!!!

Ok I live in Hoboken...here's what i think....although i think it sucks there..anyway

lounge-Rodeo (i def recommend)

Club- Riverstreet

Bar/small club-Bar None

Bars-Cadillac, Boo Boo's, 10th street (ennio's)

------------------

Men are like diapers..always on my ass and always full of shit..

Originally posted by princesssnj:

Ok I live in Hoboken...here's what i think....although i think it sucks there..anyway

lounge-Rodeo (i def recommend)

Club- Riverstreet

Bar/small club-Bar None

Bars-Cadillac, Boo Boo's, 10th street (ennio's)

hey, girl.thanx..........and i LOVE your signature line............

------------------

lightinggirl@hotmail.com

Hoboken upscale? Hahahaha.

Anyhow, um

The entire town is a bit of a meat market but barnonr, river st, love sexy, green man lounge, rodeo, liquid lounge, and excalibur regularly have dj'd music.

Where is excalibur? It is behind the stadium at 1000 jefferson st. It holds about 500 and is one of the bigger gay clubs in the n. jersey area. Thurs nites are trying to become more mixed. Next week I have the pleasure of opening up for DJ Lady at 9 pm

If you wanna have a really nice sensation..goto the Brass Rail and have a Weiss Beer w/raspberry syrup coating the glass. It was one of my fav spots to start out before I hit Danceteria every Monday night for work. After that then you can hit one of the music spots. BR has a nice kitchen too...peace, Greg

Guest ravegirl

uumm Randy not a big fan of hoboken myself but the places i mentioned are a little more upscale in comparison to other places in hoboken (uummmmmm i.e. the places you mentioned...) More of that older yuppi kinda crowd... not much of the meat market scene if u go to the right places----

but i can see why you would have the opinion considering those places you listed.... uuggghhh

sorry babe - needed to be said

Um I did mention 2 of the same places you mentioned and they are NOT upscale at all. Wannabe upscale perhaps, but c'mon this is hoboken. High class is not stumbling back ot the train after getting teetotaled at a hoboken spot. I listed places that DJ music. Bar none and Rodeo happen to have turntables as do the rest of the places I mentioned. If there are a few others, then I'd like to know. I try to avoid much of the cheese pick up scene here. Being that this is hoboken they prob aren't gonna play very good music in the first place.

upscale? Hoboken? I'm still laughing. It is what has always been and what it will always be.

Guest ravegirl

Ok randy- you got me- oh and remember i said "upscale in comparison too....." other places in hoboken- im not saying hoboken is this upscale place becuz ITS NOT- eeeewww please- hoboken sux and if i can avoid going there i do- i mean a few more miles and i'm in manhattan- Oh and Rodeo- no turntables there they play cds (there's no dj).... just thought id let you know....

oh and one more thing....u wouldn't define rodeo or city bistro as being more "upscale" or maybe classier could be the term here- than caddillac bar????!!! hmmmmmmmmmm

all righty then-

Guest ravegirl

oh and randy..... much luv

a little debating is good for the soul... it's all good sweetie just a difference in opinion..... cwm38.gif

I swung by rodeo last thurss to see how the palce was doing and I saw 2 crates of records anda coffin w/ te mixer that has the buildt in kaos pad (numark i beleive) wit ha cd controller and 2 1200s. Perhasp they have different gear in there on other nights or have had different gear.

More upscale? Oh hell yes. A few of my friends are regular cadillac power hour boozers. I got dragged there once and will never step foot in there again. Packed with assholes, tacky decor, and bad cover bands is a terrible time.

Grenn Man Lounge has to be the best of what hoboken offers but it is on the other side of town. I live in the middle so nothing is quite the trek for me.

Want to check out a real club in Hoboken? Excalibur holds almost 500 and has a bigger dancefloor than river st.

I'm opening there tonite from 9-10:30 and if things go well I hope to make it a regular night. Is it the same as going to centro fly? No, but the music will be good and w/o te highwe bar/cover fees of centro.

Excalibur

1000 jefferson st