Clubplanet Nightlife Community

temptation island....

i dont know about anyone else but i truly was surprised by the last episode...i cant believe they all stayed together and the things they said...i thought this whole show was bs and just fun to watch, but watching the last episode i got chills...it was so nice to see such strong love....

ok u can all laugh now...i know i am corny but it really was very sweet

------------------

never frown....u dont know when someone is falling in love with ur smile...

the most you can do for a friend is simply be a friend...

Originally posted by cuteboobie:

i got chills...it was so nice to see such strong love....

ok u can all laugh now...i know i am corny but it really was very sweet

Are you kidding, chills, corny?? I was beyond chills! I was getting misty! cwm2.gif

I think all the romantics were smile.gif

If you're corny than I am queencheese!

------------------

blultbar.gifcathysignature.jpgblossom002_60.gif

"A mind that is stretched by a new experience can never go back to it's old dimensions."

~*~*~Don't use time or words carelessly, neither can be retrieved.~*~*~ blossom.gif

CATHY AND JOEY ARE FAKES

I haven't been following this show at all, just caught snippets here and there while most of my buddies are hooked. The preview for the final episode made it look like they were all breaking up, and being the cwm34.gif person that I am, I finally tuned it. It was great! I was definitely misty, esp w. the 2nd couple (6 months later, they're still together).

I hate to think that a reality TV show impressed me so much, but the 3 couples they had were great. cwm10.gif all the moral critics, I guess this goes to show that if two people are meant to be together, they will be. Love will find a way ... cwm38.gif

------------------

Work like you don't need the money,

Love like you have never been hurt,

Dance like nobody is watching.

It was a set up from the beginning to get viewers and ratings....

cwm34.gifcwm34.gifcwm34.gif

Honestly....if your partner was off making relations with others in bed AND/OR emotionally, would you not say get lost?!?!?!

cwm13.gifcwm13.gifcwm13.gif

------------------

1006.gif

I never watch the show, except for the first episode. But because I'm sick I decided to stay home and watch it last night.To me, they seemed like they weren't actors, or reading a script or teleprompter or anything, really as if it was coming from the heart. I too, was surprised all stayed together and especialy Kaya-that Miami boy looks yummmy! cwm9.gif

At first when I started watching the show I thought, what dumbasses would put their relationship through this...but after watching the show progress and last night's episode(i got misty)I think the show went to show..That true love can previal all... cwm38.gif

[This message has been edited by princess0621 (edited 03-01-2001).]

Originally posted by lexxxi:

It was a set up from the beginning to get viewers and ratings....

Honestly....if your partner was off making relations with others in bed AND/OR emotionally, would you not say get lost?!?!?!

I don't know if it was a set up or not, however, I do agree with you that if my bf told me he was intimate with someone . . . I don't know if I could accept him back. It's a sacred area that has now been broken and that's something you can't put back. Not to me anyway.

OH, and I think Kaya is just an immature little playa that basically came onto the island to play and at the end when he has to go back home he chose his gf, because he had his cake and ate it too. The worst part is that his gf is soooo in love with him . . . she doesn't care!! Pathetic.

cwm25.gif

BlueAngel

------------------

“Life is like music, it must be composed by ear, feeling, and instinct, not by rule.” - Samuel Butler

BlueAngellogo.jpg

I went through a whole tissue box!!!

Fucking idiots!! Mandy sleeps with a guy and it's all find and dandy??? Fuck that, I don't how much in love with her I am. She would be dumped. No backbone on this show. I'm glad Andy and Shannon stayed together. I knew he was going to propose to her.

------------------

Hey sugar mama come and dance with me, the smartest thing you ever did was take a chance on me!!!

Skimmed part of it and this caught my eye:

Evolutionary psychology's main contribution to the understanding of jealousy is showing how, and why, it differs by sex. Of course, both men and women get plenty jealous. And both are susceptible to both basic kinds of jealousy: jealousy over sheerly sexual infidelity and jealousy over emotional infidelity—over a mate's falling in love with someone else. Still, as a rule, the thought of a mate's having extracurricular sex is especially abhorrent to men. Women, meanwhile, get more stressed out by the prospect of emotional betrayal.

The author didn't agree but I do. Anyone have any thoughts?

Shannon is my buddies ex-girlfriend!

------------------

Computer games dont affect kids. I mean if computer games affected us as kids we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive music.

Originally posted by mel-o-d:

Skimmed part of it and this caught my eye:

Evolutionary psychology's main contribution to the understanding of jealousy is showing how, and why, it differs by sex. Of course, both men and women get plenty jealous. And both are susceptible to both basic kinds of jealousy: jealousy over sheerly sexual infidelity and jealousy over emotional infidelity—over a mate's falling in love with someone else. Still, as a rule, the thought of a mate's having extracurricular sex is especially abhorrent to men. Women, meanwhile, get more stressed out by the prospect of emotional betrayal.

i personally thought that was very true...i know i would get more hurt if the guy fell in love with someone else as opposed to just sleep with someone...men are horny bastards hahah so sex is more allowable

------------------

never frown....u dont know when someone is falling in love with ur smile...

the most you can do for a friend is simply be a friend...

Originally posted by mel-o-d:

Actually, the author also agrees with the statement. He was using the show as an example that seemingly disproved evolutionary psychology on a superficial level. But under closer observation, he showed that Temptation Island did support the theories.

I took a couple Behavioral Biology/Evolutionary Psych classes in college -- fascinating stuff, huh?

I'm not suprised that Mandy and Billy, and Kaya and Valerie would stay together.

But Shannon, C'MON girl! What was she thinking?!?! Giving up that cutie pie, Tom, for that loser, Andy!?! I wanted to kill her.

I loved that show but I hope they don't have another one b/c I can't stand to watch another group of people whine about their significant others hooking up...

Ummmmm HELLO! If you didn't want them to hook up with other people, stay the hell home! It's very simple people!

I'm glad it's over, if I had to watch another episode of Valerie crying over her gay boyfriend, kaya, I was going to slit my wrists!

------------------

You're only young once

ok... i watched the show from the very begining and i have a few thoughts on the finale...

1) kaya only stood with valerie because she spoke first at the bondfire and she broke down and whatnot... now what guy would still break-up with her in front of the millions of viewers that tuned in? hell no... he said he wanted her only so he could go and wait till they got back home to ditch her...

2) shannon should have sooooooo dumped andy's corny ass... he is such a bitch. he whined about megan, with whom he had such a deep connection (can you taste the sarcasm?), yet he didnt go on the final date with her. he whines about kaya taking the dream date he wanted for like three days... i just cannot believe that shannon stood with his ass....

YET... when i saw it, i was happy cause like everyone else said, true love LOOKED like it prevailed and that's always nice... but since i've had time to mull things over, i'm back to my synical self...

blah~

------------------

the secret of being a bore is to tell everything ~vOLTAIRE

0612.jpg

Unfortunately the show lost all of its credibility when they could produce 0 breakups. I mean how "tempting" was it. Not many people would leave their partner of many years for someone who lives on the other side of the country.

Of course if Kaya had a brain he would have ditched his miserable girlfriend for the beautiful, cool, smart Allison. I cant believe he didnt.

What was with Andy?

------------------

Computer games dont affect kids. I mean if computer games affected us as kids we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive music.

I think that most of the people there, with the exception of Valerie, liked the *idea* of being with another person.. And were looking for a reason to break up.

However, when put face to face with their partners, they choked and fell right back in line to the way things were.

Even though they didnt physically cheat, they did the next best thing..

That's just the thing though ... most of us know when a relationship should end, but how many of us are strong enough to actually end it? I guess this show just proved that even with all these *temptations* human beings are suckers for the comforts and security of what is familiar. Regardless, each couple looked like they were happy to be reunited and for that, I am happy for them.