Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What is the best club in the world ever and why?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no club that is the best in the world.

For me, Twilo is ONE of the best.

Privelege in Ibiza is fuckin awesome for its space - they claim its the largest club in the world, and I wouldn't be surprised.

------------------

"I would believe only in a god who could dance."

Nietzche

I'm very new to the club scene. In fact, I just came back from New York where I was introduced to the real world of clubbing and from what I saw, I would say Sound Factory was the shit. I like my music hard and I like my parties long. I got there at opening and stayed til they kicked us out. No matter what, you can always find an area at Sound Factory where you can be comfortable. Lights were incredible, huge dance floor. I found that the people were outgoing and friendly. More so, than at any of the other clubs we went to. The energy was very high at SF. It was a very cool experience.

Notorious DAV

Originally posted by rparadox:

Level down in Miami Beach. All I remember is waking up on the beach with a hangover, with sphagetti sauce all over my shoes.

No doubt if anyone goes to miami. levels is definately hot and the beach is right down the block.

In NYC i would say the Tunnel back in the day.

cwm32.gif

i think very few people are qualified to really answer this question. if you havent AT LEAST been to twilo or vinyl or space or level in the USA, stereo in canada, home in the UK, space or privledge in ibiza, then you have no right to answer this question. those are the truly monumental clubs in the entire world, and what everything else should be compared to.

of course events such as love parade, winter music conference and the ibiza closing parties are in a class all by themselves.

Oh yeah, forgot about Space! And AMnesia!

BUT, I still love my Twilo!

Originally posted by petp:

i think very few people are qualified to really answer this question. if you havent AT LEAST been to twilo or vinyl or space or level in the USA, stereo in canada, home in the UK, space or privledge in ibiza, then you have no right to answer this question. those are the truly monumental clubs in the entire world, and what everything else should be compared to.

of course events such as love parade, winter music conference and the ibiza closing parties are in a class all by themselves.

------------------

"I would believe only in a god who could dance."

Nietzche

Originally posted by ladybijan22:

Um MORON - before you start spewing stuff out of your cake hole, you should make sure you know WTF you are talking about. SF never changed it's name to Sound Factory Bar - THEY ARE 2 COMPLETELY DIFFERENT PLACES!! When Phil Smith had a fall out with the owners of Sound Factory back in the early 90's, he opened Sound Factory Bar which is now Cheetah. When SF closed, a few months later SFB closed because Phil Smith leased the old SF space, and he opened Twilo. Hence the scene as we know it today You are the one who is *acting there age* by displaying to all of us here that you know NOTHING of NYC club history. So do yourself a favor, just keep posting to what you know - Tempts, Abyss, Bunka, whatever. Not that those aren't good places to go - they just don't belong on this post!! Now beat it squirt - you are annoying me! cwm23.gif

Um MORON - before you start spewing stuff out of your cake hole, you should make sure you know WTF you are talking about. SF never changed it's name to Sound Factory Bar - THEY ARE 2 COMPLETELY DIFFERENT PLACES!! When Phil Smith had a fall out with the owners of Sound Factory back in the early 90's, he opened Sound Factory Bar which is now Cheetah. When SF closed, a few months later SFB closed because Phil Smith leased the old SF space, and he opened Twilo. Hence the scene as we know it today You are the one who is *acting there age* by displaying to all of us here that you know NOTHING of NYC club history. So do yourself a favor, just keep posting to what you know - Tempts, Abyss, Bunka, whatever. Not that those aren't good places to go - they just don't belong on this post!! Now beat it squirt - you are annoying me! cwm23.gif

Thank you ladybijan, Somebody who knows what there talking about. Tempkid don't abuse us for sharing our knowledge and experiences with you, it is not a competition.

The club doesn't have to be still open to be one of the best ever, but, yes these clubs do set the standards today.

Well i am tempted to say back to basics.. but like most people the club you started at or the club you went to most is always the best to you..

But i have to say a few...

The Pardise Garage was surposed to be incredible.. Larry Leven OWNED NY then.

Now, as nolimit says, it IS Space in Ibiza... no where compares.. not even Twilo. It's not JUST the club, it's where it is, it's the holliday crowd from ALL over the world. It's the line-up's, it's Bora Bora just across the road, dancing on the beach in the afternoon as you come out of Space.. it's the planes flying just above your head when your out on the (sadly now covered terrace). Shit Space is so much better than anywhere in the World it's un true.

Nolimit, i HAVE to be in England while you are... i want to show you round. There are other clubs than Fabric (even in London)... unless you carn't stand to be without Sasha wink.gif I want to show you how we do it Northern Style... it's on me.

But Back to Basics, just because people carn't take the same risks as they did then. You carn't book the people they did and have SUCH an open minded crowd to get away with it. 3 floors, down and dirty techno floor, middle floor garage and house, top floor chill out with people like Nightmares on Wax and Africa Bambata doing chill out sets.. That place was perfect in every way.

------------------

I want to go out blazing..not fade away.

Trust in the currency of relationships, it's hard to earn but easy to loose - back2basics

bsb2.GIF

i think very few people are qualified to really answer this question. if you havent AT LEAST been to twilo or vinyl or space or level in the USA, stereo in canada

Stereo??? it's pretty good, but the club to go to, the club you should visit Canada for is Government. You should all check it out, it's one floor bigger than EXIT, with different coloured rooms, and the crowd is like the crowd at twilo.

bolts

------------------

RE DEL MONDO, CAPO DI TUTTI I CAPI

There is no club in the world like .....

Natraj Temple

markmello .... I believe the original question was ... "what is (YOUR favorite club)/(best club in your opinion)?"

If others say Hunka Bunka or watever, so be it, You asked the question, you got the answer .. now don`t go bad mouthing them about it.

I haven't been there yet, but from the feedback i get from my friends that have, some place in Rome, called Distachio or something like that, supposedly this place is hugeeee with various clubs inside this complex, you can go club hopping all in one place. dunno, but i heard it was an awesomeee ride.

for here, from my limited experience, i would say Exit, Twilo.....still searching...

------------------

"Some Of Us Are Like Ink, And Some Like Paper.

And If It Were Not For The Blackness Of Some Of Us, Some Of Us Would Be Dumb.

And If It Were Not For The Whiteness Of Some Of Us, Some Of Us Would Be Blind."- Khalil Gibran

-----------------------

"A BIRD MAY LOVE A FISH SIGNORE, BUT WHERE WOULD THEY LIVE?"

"THEN I SHALL HAVE TO MAKE YOU WINGS"

Guest worldboy

Ok ok I am not sure if I am qualified to answer this question but I can def say that the best club in the world right now without a doubt is TWILO!!! This is true because they simply have the best djs in the world every single night!!!! Stereo and Sona are def two of the best clubs I have ever been to also. But as I have been reading has anyone else mentioned the Limelight of old!!!!!!!! Disco 2000 back in the day had to be the best party ever. I was a regular at arena,usa,nasa,tunnel, but my HEART will always lie with the LIMELIGHT!!!!! You all remember Richie Rich and that crazy crew!!!

Well, I haven't been to clubs in other countries - so my 3 favorite clubs in the world are right here in NY.

1st and foremost is the Original Sound Factory "Often Immitated - Never Duplicated!" By far the best club that ever existed. The vibe in there is incomparable to anything that we have had to experience since it's closing. When you were there - you felt so incredible - the crowd was PLEASANT!! It was like a HUGE family - attitudes and Drama were checked at the door. It was EXTREMELY hard to get into if you weren't gay, and many times I witnessed A-List people just being blatantly denied access. IT WAS GREAT TO SEE THAT!! The shows, and events that went on there made it feel like a theatrical performance at all times. I think back and WISH I could relive those days!! Anyway, Junior was just AMAZING - and when it closed it began the downturn of the underground scene as we knew it! For those who know what I am talking about - do any of you remember Nadine?? She was the old lesbian lady who would take the bus from uptown every Saturdsay, and dance her ass off - all the while partying like a rock star!! She had to be in her 60's!! Then there was the priest, the rabbi, the naked hemaphrodite, Kevin Aviance's Shows that were just incredible, the night one bouncer rode his harley through the club up onto the stage.. I could go on and on - and then there was the road show parties at Roseland - the third one the night before PRIDE was the best!

2nd - Club USA!!! Just the whole environment - you felt like you were in an amusement park!! The slide, the booths, the mazes to find the bathrooms, the Muglier (sp?) room, the rooftop deck - UGH!!! Saturday night with Hex was great, and the Sunday night BUMP parties were FANTASTIC!!! The 3 day party when it closed was just OFF THE HOOK!!! For those of you who were there - you know what I am talking about!

3rd - TUNNEL from 1993 - 1996 (when Junior left.) Another playground for the children of the night. The Green Room, Junior's VP Back Room, the Kenny Scharf Room, the BATHROOMS!!!! Could you get any more of changing environment's in one place - I don't think so.

I guess that is all - hope this brings back some memories for some, and for those who weren't there - wish you could have experienced it! cwm35.gifcwm35.gif

ALL I HAVE TO SAY IS...YOU BETTA WORK!!!BUT YOU FORGOT ONE SPOT...THE A...R...E...N...A.....

Well, I haven't been to clubs in other countries - so my 3 favorite clubs in the world are right here in NY.

1st and foremost is the Original Sound Factory "Often Immitated - Never Duplicated!" By far the best club that ever existed. The vibe in there is incomparable to anything that we have had to experience since it's closing. When you were there - you felt so incredible - the crowd was PLEASANT!! It was like a HUGE family - attitudes and Drama were checked at the door. It was EXTREMELY hard to get into if you weren't gay, and many times I witnessed A-List people just being blatantly denied access. IT WAS GREAT TO SEE THAT!! The shows, and events that went on there made it feel like a theatrical performance at all times. I think back and WISH I could relive those days!! Anyway, Junior was just AMAZING - and when it closed it began the downturn of the underground scene as we knew it! For those who know what I am talking about - do any of you remember Nadine?? She was the old lesbian lady who would take the bus from uptown every Saturdsay, and dance her ass off - all the while partying like a rock star!! She had to be in her 60's!! Then there was the priest, the rabbi, the naked hemaphrodite, Kevin Aviance's Shows that were just incredible, the night one bouncer rode his harley through the club up onto the stage.. I could go on and on - and then there was the road show parties at Roseland - the third one the night before PRIDE was the best!

2nd - Club USA!!! Just the whole environment - you felt like you were in an amusement park!! The slide, the booths, the mazes to find the bathrooms, the Muglier (sp?) room, the rooftop deck - UGH!!! Saturday night with Hex was great, and the Sunday night BUMP parties were FANTASTIC!!! The 3 day party when it closed was just OFF THE HOOK!!! For those of you who were there - you know what I am talking about!

3rd - TUNNEL from 1993 - 1996 (when Junior left.) Another playground for the children of the night. The Green Room, Junior's VP Back Room, the Kenny Scharf Room, the BATHROOMS!!!! Could you get any more of changing environment's in one place - I don't think so.

I guess that is all - hope this brings back some memories for some, and for those who weren't there - wish you could have experienced it! cwm35.gifcwm35.gif

ALL I HAVE TO SAY IS...YOU BETTA WORK!!!BUT YOU FORGOT ONE SPOT...THE A...R...E...N...A.....

cwm9.gif

I've got two with totally different scenes:

1) Comfort Zone - Toronto

Bolts u should know this one. As underground as it gets. Open one a week -Sunday at 9 am. Small club maybe 1000 people. Low ceilings, sound system, shitty but comfy couches. THE BEST DEEP FUNKY HOUSE IN THE WORLD. People go for two reason to finish a bender and hear great music for 14 straight hours. Great guest DJS-I saw Sneak walk through a dance floor the size of my living room, get standing ovation, and blow everyone's mind for 4 straight hours. Unreal

2)The Palladium in Acapulco.

Cut into a cliff overlooking the bay and city. Glass was the size of a football field. The dance floor goes right to the cliffs edge and glass wall. Music is OK, but hot young latino women everywhere. Beautiful clean booth arranged like an ampitheater around the dancefloor. Great dancers in awesome costums. Fun vibe. They view brought me to tears as fireworks exploded right outside the club.

------------------

Computer games dont affect kids. I mean if computer games affected us as kids we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive music.

Best fucking club in the whole world

is "Red Zone" in Perugia,,,,Italy....

Its about two times the size of Exit...

they play some of the best of Europes

house, techno, trance,,etc, etc, .....

The people rule,,,,,,very nice to all....

the drinks are some of the best,,,,,

and the drugs are some of the best,,,,,

they bring them in from all ove europe...

best weed,,,best E,,,,,and all........

if you ever go to Italy,,,,try it,,,you'll love it.....

ciao.