Clubplanet Nightlife Community

human cloning?

Oh, they've been trying this for a few years now. Sounds fun to me!

[seriously, I have big problems with it, because of all the mistakes they will make before they get it right... It took something like 260 tries before Dolly actually worked. That's 260 dead or f**ked up sheep, or people in this case...]

Yep...heard about it this morning. No need to be disturbed though, it was a long time coming and eventually, someone will do it and succeed at it anyway.

Now if they really wanted to do something right they'd clone one of these high paid assed DJs so that we would'nt have to keep paying an arm and leg just to hear em' spin. cwm1.gif IMHO

cwm15.gif

------------------

"Those who know, don't tell. Those who tell, don't know."

I don't like this one bit, no sir! I don't mind scientists playing around with genetics, when they are dealing with plants... And I can even see the good in trying to grow certain body parts, for transplant recipients. But there is something extremely disturbing about them playing around with human genetics...

I can just see them splicing human DNA with that of all kinds of animals, in the years to come, and that frightens me terribly.

------------------

Is it Friday yet?

Peace Love Happiness y'all

DivaliciousNYC@aol.com

Originally posted by momadance:

humans playing god is not good in any aspect.

I agree, but where is that line drawn? Is cloning fetal tissue for treatment of disease acceptable? One could argue that much of modern medicine is playing god. Its a very complicated issue.

------------------

pacman.gif

Computer games dont affect kids. I mean if computer games affected us as kids we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching pills, and listening to repetitive music.

Think about how good this could be for the club community. Every club could have its own Lawler, Warren, Van Dyke, Sasha....etc...

And imagine how crazy it would be to see Sasha & Digweed vs. Sasha & Digweed clones.

I bet the clones would rock it!

------------------

------------------------

I'm a slut...I make love to music every night

i can't see one positive aspect of this whole scenario. some people might make an arguement for organ donation, but i feel this too is wrong. humans are not supposed to live forever, period. opening an aftermarket parts industry for human beings is fundamentally wrong. there are far more important areas associated with medicine/science that deserve funding over such projects.

------------------

we must cultivate our gardens...

Originally posted by wizard:

i can't see one positive aspect of this whole scenario. some people might make an arguement for organ donation, but i feel this too is wrong. humans are not supposed to live forever, period. opening an aftermarket parts industry for human beings is fundamentally wrong. there are far more important areas associated with medicine/science that deserve funding over such projects.

You took the words right out of my mouth! Cloning is wrong!! Very wrong! cwm31.gif

BlueAngel

------------------

“Love is the answer, but while you're waiting for the answer, sex raises some pretty good questions.” - Woody Allen

boobielogo2.jpg

OK guys this was a topic I was going to post eventually. There is an organisation called Clonaid that is attempting to clone humans as we speak. When they do it will be all over the news and the entire lid will be blown open to this subject. You bet this will be a topic you will hear about more and more about. But why do you fear science so much..you who imbrace music reflective of technology and who pop pills that geneticaly alter your minds? In any case there is a religion behind CLONAID called the Raelian religion that will fund and sponssor the cloning that is as I type this in the process of taking place. The Raelians believe that all of man kind was created this way by the Elohim of the ancient Hebrew Bible. The word GOD is no where to be found in this ancient text which is the origin of all translations of the current Bible. The word ELOHIM means litteraly "those that came down from the sky" and is plural (ELOH is singular) The Raelians believe that the Elohim are extraterrestrials which at the time where confused for "gods" and dieties. All prophets where sent by them and thus all religions where born from their interaction with humans centuries ago. The problem was that at that time humans could not comprehend that technology so we thought they where angels and gods. They are in every ancient civilization if you look for them. The Egyptians came in contact with them as did the Greeks etc etc..The plan is that they would return when humanity would be able to welcome them for who they truely are. Now that we can create humans "In our image after our likeness" (like quoted in Genesis) we are able to reach their status. It is nothing to fear. That is in our genetic code (DNA) which they programed for us. WHY CLONE you ask? Imagine if the greatest minds of all time where kept alive for all eternity having had their minds emptied back into their own bodies. what could Einstein do for us today? Or every great mind that ever stood for that matter. It is our destinity to become imortal if we prove ourselfs worthy. Not through mystisism and spiritual nonsence but through science. do not fear the future. When the Elohim return it will be wonderfull event. Hope to dance with you all on their planet for eternity..

If you want to learn more go to the official Raelian web sight! www.rael.org

LOVE&UFOS!!!!!!!

Originally posted by wizard:

I hear you Bro, but I have to ask you:

1) If "living forever" is fundamentally wrong, then how could there possibly be more "...important areas associated with medicine/science that deserve funding over such projects". It almost sounds as if you're an advocate of letting people die if they become sick.

2) To those opposed to the research I would ask: if the results of this research were the only way Doctors could save your only child, or your parents, or your significant other, would you still feel the same?

Certainly no drama intended...Personally, I'm an advocate of advances in science, technology, and medicine. Yet I'm a firm believer that such such advances should be tempered with moral opposition, but not neccessarily prevented...

The issue is truly bi-partisan and will draw

heated debate from both sides...much like abortion and capital punishment.

Anyway, just my humble/honest opinion.

cwm15.gif

------------------

"Those who know, don't tell. Those who tell, don't know."

Originally posted by mugwump:

OK guys this was a topic I was going to post eventually. There is an organisation called Clonaid that is attempting to clone humans as we speak. When they do it will be all over the news and the entire lid will be blown open to this subject. You bet this will be a topic you will hear about more and more about. But why do you fear science so much..you who imbrace music reflective of technology and who pop pills that geneticaly alter your minds? In any case there is a religion behind CLONAID called the Raelian religion that will fund and sponssor the cloning that is as I type this in the process of taking place. The Raelians believe that all of man kind was created this way by the Elohim of the ancient Hebrew Bible. The word GOD is no where to be found in this ancient text which is the origin of all translations of the current Bible. The word ELOHIM means litteraly "those that came down from the sky" and is plural (ELOH is singular) The Raelians believe that the Elohim are extraterrestrials which at the time where confused for "gods" and dieties. All prophets where sent by them and thus all religions where born from their interaction with humans centuries ago. The problem was that at that time humans could not comprehend that technology so we thought they where angels and gods. They are in every ancient civilization if you look for them. The Egyptians came in contact with them as did the Greeks etc etc..The plan is that they would return when humanity would be able to welcome them for who they truely are. Now that we can create humans "In our image after our likeness" (like quoted in Genesis) we are able to reach their status. It is nothing to fear. That is in our genetic code (DNA) which they programed for us. WHY CLONE you ask? Imagine if the greatest minds of all time where kept alive for all eternity having had their minds emptied back into their own bodies. what could Einstein do for us today? Or every great mind that ever stood for that matter. It is our destinity to become imortal if we prove ourselfs worthy. Not through mystisism and spiritual nonsence but through science. do not fear the future. When the Elohim return it will be wonderfull event. Hope to dance with you all on their planet for eternity..

If you want to learn more go to the official Raelian web sight! <A HREF="/cgi-bin/redir.cgi?url=http://www.rael.org" TARGET=_blank>www.rael.org</A>

LOVE&UFOS!!!!!!!

i think these Raelians could use a nice batch of 'Jonestown Kool Aid'....

that's it, im officially going to live my dream and start a cult of my own... that's the fucking biz to be in.

------------------

Originally posted by ancientskewl:

Personally, I'm an advocate of advances in science, technology, and medicine. Yet I'm a firm believer that such such advances should be tempered with moral opposition, but not neccessarily prevented...

cwm15.gif

first i would like to tell you that was very well said, and i have no choice but to agree with the logic behind the statement.

to answer your question, i think you took what i said slightly out of context. what i said is fundamentally wrong, is an impending 'aftermarket parts industry for human beings', and i will stick by that.

im certainly not an advocate of letting people simply die, whom are sick. im amazed at the advances science has brought us. a close friend received a complete dual lung transplant less than a year ago, thats amazing certainly but it came at the cost of anothers life. i have another very close friend who is wasting away with ALS, and there is seemingly nothing we can do for him, and that too is amazing.

is cloning the answer though? do we NEED human guinea pigs? do we need to bring back the dead? should it be available if need be for people who have the means to buy a new heart if they need one? i dont think insurance will cover that... lol

my point basically is that the evil side of cloning overshadows the the good at this point.

sure maybe one day someone will make a brand new einstein, and then again perhaps someone else will make a new hitler.

------------------

blueangel - nope, missed out on another Uma Thurman-led blockbuster, but I did see The 6th Day, which in addition to kick-ass Schwarzenegger action really made you think.

mugwump - looks like you are making a mathetmatical analogy according to something like this:

"science=computer"

"computer=good"

"science=cloning"

"cloning=science=computer=good"

In other words, "cloning=good". In other words, you are an idiot that doesn't know where to draw the line. Life on planet Earth doesn't always follow mathetmatical equations. You have to know where to draw the line.

Damn it, at least back in the day fools like you would get carried away with science, make a bomb, and blow their own nuts off. Now they're getting carried away with genetic engineering. Does anyone know how to make DNA explode, so that these scientists would engage in self-extermination?

resident "writingscreenplayforthenexthumancloningasskickingmovie"

------------------

tweaky is the answer

Originally posted by resident:

blueangel - nope, missed out on another Uma Thurman-led blockbuster, but I did see The 6th Day, which in addition to kick-ass Schwarzenegger action really made you think.

mugwump - looks like you are making a mathetmatical analogy according to something like this:

"science=computer"

"computer=good"

"science=cloning"

"cloning=science=computer=good"

In other words, "cloning=good". In other words, you are an idiot that doesn't know where to draw the line. Life on planet Earth doesn't always follow mathetmatical equations. You have to know where to draw the line.

Damn it, at least back in the day fools like you would get carried away with science, make a bomb, and blow their own nuts off. Now they're getting carried away with genetic engineering. Does anyone know how to make DNA explode, so that these scientists would engage in self-extermination?

resident "writingscreenplayforthenexthumancloningasskickingmovie"

Life IS surrounded by science my friend. You can't escape it. It's WHO WE ARE. look around you. Science DOES equal Good when it's combined with Responsibility. have you ever been treated for any illness? THAT is science my friend. the fact that we are communicating is science..oh and there is one more thing that Science holds which you apperantly do not know about. It's something that no other establishment has it's called: The margin of error. Based on the scientific meathod it goes something like this. If something is researched, conducted and tested there are results called a conclussion. BUT that dosent mean that it a TRUISM or left as written in stone. What this means is that the experiment, conclussion or invention is left up for grabs to be corrected, changed or in some cases irradicated and tossed out by the ERROR MARGIN. try to fit that marrgin into any political system, government or religiouse sect. the idea of Science is to grow THROUGH errors. Think about it. can you learn about anything without making mistakes? I think not. you and everyone fearing change and all the wonderful scientific adventures in the horizon are living in the dark ages. You will lived scared and suspiciouse your entire lifes. But that si your choice. Others try to see beyond the horizon at a world that GROWS WITH AND THROUGH SCIENCE. But stay comfortably where ever you choose.

you and everyone fearing change and all the wonderful scientific adventures in the horizon are living in the dark ages. You will lived scared and suspiciouse your entire lifes.

It's a bit premature for you to say that I fear change and scientific adventures, considering that I probably have more experience in cloning and biomedical sciences than most people on this board. I spent three years in an MD/PhD program (and then decided that it wasn't my thing, left medschool, and been happy about that decision ever since), and some of my research actually involved cloning and human cell culture and crap like that. Of course, you didn't know that.

resident "andishallwalkthroughthevalleyofshadowsofdeathwithnofearforiamthemeanestsonofabitchinthevalley"

------------------

tweaky is the answer

I wouldnt mind cloning myself to do my laundry, go to work, pick up girls, etc... of course, im not sure how my clone would feel about that. would he have a soul?

------------------

pacman.gif

Computer games dont affect kids. I mean if computer games affected us as kids we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching pills, and listening to repetitive music.

It's a bit premature for you to say that I fear change and scientific adventures, considering that I probably have more experience in cloning and biomedical sciences than most people on this board. I spent three years in an MD/PhD program (and then decided that it wasn't my thing, left medschool, and been happy about that decision ever since), and some of my research actually involved cloning and human cell culture and crap like that. Of course, you didn't know that.

resident "andishallwalkthroughthevalleyofshadowsofdeathwithnofearforiamthemeanestsonofabitchinthevalley"

Nope I just respond to what I read. And your previouse statements sound like they lacked vision. which is of course why you must have quit medschool. Let me also say that it is indeed easier to look down than to look up at the sky...The trick is to keep looking up. Smile ya'll it IS a BRAVE new worl..but it's only gonna get better. If you look hard enough you might just see what I'm talking about.

If you look hard enough you might just see what I'm talking about.

You mean, we might actually find some sense in all that crap that you wrote? I dunno if I can look that hard... where are my spectacles?

------------------

tweaky is the answer

there is only one god, and i thought there was a law just passed against human cloning

------------------

TWILO'S WACK !!!! Sorry guys it is

"don't get attached to anything you're not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you spot the heat coming around the corner"

Robert Deniro

AIM:MSOPRANO13

Email: msoprano13@yahoo.com

Ganster-01.gif "IM GONNA MAKE YOU AN OFFER YOU CANT REFUSE" MSOPRANO13

You mean, we might actually find some sense in all that crap that you wrote? I dunno if I can look that hard... where are my spectacles?

Poor guy. here find those spectacles and look in here... www.rael.org

Then brace yourself for the future. Unless of course you are in a bunker or something like the Y2K guys by then. I'm clonning you a smile as I type this. Love&UFOS

Richie Hawtin should be cloned, then all other wanabe Richie Hawtin's should be rounded up at Exit.

Then we could all 'experiance' THE man at the same time.

It's a very dangerous thing though, and it's such a broad suject... i think most people here are talking about cloning a whole human.. there are other types of human cloning that would be less contriversial, such as stem cell cloning.