Clubplanet Nightlife Community

.sig netiquette...some people are taking liberties...........

not mentioning any names but c'mon people, some your .sigs are a getting a little out of hand.........one Twilo fan just posted something and his/her .sig is now as big as the screen!?!?! At least if someone glances at my screen in my open plan office and the board is mainly text, it doesn't warrant a 2nd look, but a whole screen full of bold and graphics? .sig is a SIGNATURE

cwm13.gif

lol OK enuff being serious, it is friday afternoon after all! biggrin.gif

------------------

"At the peak of tremendous and victorious effort, while the blood is pounding in your head, all suddenly comes quiet within you. Everything seems clearer and whiter than ever before, as if great spotlights had been turned on. At that moment, you have the conviction that you contain all the power in the world, that you are capable of everything, that you have wings. There is no more precise moment in life than this, the WHITE MOMENT, and you will work hard for years, just to taste it again.''Yuri Vlason. -----------PM sux email is better-------> boa_boy@yahoo.com hapfac01.gif

Originally posted by divalicious:

I have to say, all the darn graphics in the signatures are quite annoying. It makes the page take forever to load. I usually just press the stop button when I think the text has loaded, so all those signature graphics are wasted on me.

glad I'm not alone, I wonder if the culprit I referred will raise his/her hand!?!?

cwm13.gif

------------------

"At the peak of tremendous and victorious effort, while the blood is pounding in your head, all suddenly comes quiet within you. Everything seems clearer and whiter than ever before, as if great spotlights had been turned on. At that moment, you have the conviction that you contain all the power in the world, that you are capable of everything, that you have wings. There is no more precise moment in life than this, the WHITE MOMENT, and you will work hard for years, just to taste it again.''Yuri Vlason. -----------PM sux email is better-------> boa_boy@yahoo.com hapfac01.gif

Originally posted by shugabooga:

i agree with you, but remember we have this thing called "freedom of expression"

touche......

I'm likening it more along the lines of consideration thing, from divalicious's perspecitve, i.e hogging bandwidth (thank god we've got DSL in the orifice), or from my perspective, where a 'screenful signature' just screams ANDREW'S NOT WORKING lol

------------------

Originally posted by boa_boy:

At least if someone glances at my screen in my open plan office and the board is mainly text, it doesn't warrant a 2nd look, but a whole screen full of bold and graphics?

cwm13.gif

LOL!!!!!!!!! I know exactly how you feel!

cwm27.gifcwm27.gif

At least if someone glances at my screen in my open plan office and the board is mainly text, it doesn't warrant a 2nd look, but a whole screen full of bold and graphics?

cwm13.gif

LOL!!!!!!!!! I know exactly how you feel!

cwm27.gifcwm27.gif

touche......

I'm likening it more along the lines of consideration thing, from divalicious's perspecitve, i.e hogging bandwidth (thank god we've got DSL in the orifice), or from my perspective, where a 'screenful signature' just screams ANDREW'S NOT WORKING lol

yeah SHUGABOOGA'S NOT WORKING EITHER!!! i agree with you and have even considered starting a thread about this very topic, but you just can't stop people from expressing themselves creatively in a medium like this, ya know?

You guys missed a memo about this... peeps complained and they stopped letting us having our sigs... agreed, some of the sigs take way too much space, but I want my sig damit...

Mine is small, so don't be complaining about mine.

------------------

Forget the dreams... what you need is a good nightmare to bring you back to reality...

ezlogo1.gif

Originally posted by ezdreamer:

You guys missed a memo about this... peeps complained and they stopped letting us having our sigs... agreed, some of the sigs take way too much space, but I want my sig damit...

Mine is small, so don't be complaining about mine.

little sig's are cool and the gang... in the real offline world though when u sign your name does it take up half a page? wink.gif

Oh and nice big pictures of pills look really good in the open plan office.......NOT!

cwm23.gif

------------------

Please don't make them take my blossom away...I just found her frown.gif

------------------

blultbar.gifcathysignature.jpgblossom002_60.gif

"A mind that is stretched by a new experience can never go back to it's old dimensions."

~*~*~Don't use time or words carelessly, neither can be retrieved.~*~*~ blossom.gif

Originally posted by cathyo:

Please don't make them take my blossom away...I just found her frown.gif

I am so noy positioning myself to be .sig cop lol,........but cathyo thanks for stepping forward! it trully is a beautiful signature but...........it takes up almost half a screen tho!?!?

cwm24.gif

------------------

sorry couldn't resist two .sig offenders in the one thread! http://bbs.clubplanet.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/024521.html

wink.gif

------------------

andrew, you are on point with this one... no matter how much or little drug content, the graphics are a dead giveaway. But, then, 'freedom of expression' is always going to be the default argument when there is no rational purpose to somthing that takes up between 10% and 40% of an 800x600 screen.

It may be art, but it may also be very difficult for those who must dial up to access the board. Freedom of expression is not absolute, in case the constitution-thumpers have forgotten. Words, images, or actions that may cause harm to another, or might serve to deny another of his constitutional rights are not allowable. And if surfing the CNYC board without getting in trouble at work, crashing the computer, or taking bloody forever to load is a right, then have some consideration for those you are trampling.

It's all about thinking of the other guy. Anyone remember that cliche, PLUR?

------------------

ebreak.gif

Originally posted by roly99:

don't like it, turn off picture usage in your browser, but as an american, I have freedom of expression...sorry, but i'm not gonna change it, at least not for now.

Etiquette is not about infringing upon a person's rights, it's about being polite. Of course, "as an American", you probably don't know much about that.

Originally posted by ichi_gami:

andrew, you are on point with this one... no matter how much or little drug content, the graphics are a dead giveaway. But, then, 'freedom of expression' is always going to be the default argument when there is no rational purpose to somthing that takes up between 10% and 40% of an 800x600 screen.

It may be art, but it may also be very difficult for those who must dial up to access the board. Freedom of expression is not absolute, in case the constitution-thumpers have forgotten. Words, images, or actions that may cause harm to another, or might serve to deny another of his constitutional rights are not allowable. And if surfing the CNYC board without getting in trouble at work, crashing the computer, or taking bloody forever to load is a right, then have some consideration for those you are trampling.

It's all about thinking of the other guy. Anyone remember that cliche, PLUR?

Thank you Chris, rarely has a more eloquent argument been presented on this board.....and if u don't like trotting out a cliche like PLUR how about calling it consideration lol

------------------

Originally posted by roly99:

don't like it, turn off picture usage in your browser, but as an american, I have freedom of expression...sorry, but i'm not gonna change it, at least not for now.

roly99 ironically from my perspective I have no issues with your signature because it's little lol

------------------

exit2heaven lol now be good....u r captain PLUR remember wink.gif

------------------

oh well. ::shrug::

------------------

-----"Embracing the goddess energy within yourselves will bring all of you to a new understanding, and value of life. A vision, that inspires you to live, and love, on planet earth. Like a priceless jewel, buried in dark layers of soil and stone.... earth radiates her brilliant beauty into the caverns of space and time. Perhaps you are aware of those who watch over your home. And experience in this place to visit, and play with reality. You are becoming aware of yourself...as a Game master..........

lights!copy.jpgTrippintrance64sigcopy.jpglovepeacetwilo.jpg

AIM: fantom0680

exit2heaven lol now be good....u r captain PLUR remember wink.gif

i know i know....i said sowwie....PLUR PEOPLE!!!!

------------------

pillen.gif

bigeyes.gif

"You and Me,

and Me and YOU,

no matter how they

toss the dice...

they had to be,

the only one for Me

is YOU, and You for me...

sooo HAPPY TOGETHER...

so HAPPY 2+GETHER!!!