Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What's with EXIT & their negative campaign VS SF?

Just got a pretty DISGUSTING and VERY DISGRACEFUL flyer from club EXIT today... in it, it lies, but states matter of factly, that the friday party at SOUND FACTORY is over and that it has moved to exit... what the hell is it talking about?

It also goes on to acuse SF of having the "fake" "castles in the sky" performer and that EXIT themselves, have the real thing.

Is EXIT really that worried about the competition that they have to resort to such bullshit overt politician tactics? The day flyers start to slander and defame other parties and stop promoting their own party is the day the club scene completely loses its fun and becomes a coorporate propaganda tug-o-war.

I just think it's pretty fucked up. EXIT will always do their 3000+ no matter what... stop worrying about sound factory b\c SF doesn't worry about exit.

I've never seen a flyer from richard grant or any of the SF promoters saying:

Don't go to EXIT b\c they promised u

Mel-C 50 times and never delivered...or

they promised you a pool on the roof and all there really was was a fountain behind a bar...or

when zombie nation performed, it wasn't even the REAL zombie nation...or

when the cash drop was promised to drop ALL of the door money, all that ended up floating down were sparse single dollar bills or

Ppl paid good money to see Eminem performed AS PROMISED and all he did was come out and say a couple of words and dissapear.

BTW, I couldn't read 2 lines down without finding a run on sentence or a comma splice or other improper uses of punctuation...very messy and very sloppy and very immature flyer indeed

[This message has been edited by dynamix (edited 03-21-2001).]

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sound factory is getting the same girl that is singing the song and is in the video...I donno who this REAL one is that exit claims to have...b\c if SF is getting the one who sings it on the radio and sings it on the videos, then how more real can u get... i'm not gonna sink down and bash exit like exit is bashing factory... i don't care what exit does... as long as our factory party is running strong like it has the past few weeks...

anyone want to comment??? jump on the bandwagon and come to factory!!!

adam fierce

------------------

"i'm drowning, so come inside... welcome to my... filthy mind"

fiercetwok1@aol.com

201-488-1387

fierce club promotions

they promised you a pool on the roof and all there really was was a fountain behind a bar...or

when the cash drop was promised to drop ALL of the door money, all that ended up floating down were sparse single dollar bills or

Ppl paid good money to see Eminem performed AS PROMISED and all he did was come out and say a couple of words and dissapear

THAT IS ALL TOO TRUE

herd.... very agreeable with that... but, i am not gonna sink down to their level and bash another club... that is childish... i am just gonna promote factory fridays and let's blow the roof off of the place this friday night!!! you want the real story?? email me about castles in the sky

peace

adam fierce

------------------

fiercetwok1@aol.com

201-488-1387

fierce club promotions

wow...you know what else is REALLY funny about that EXIT flyer...in it, it says, enclosed is a reduced admissions ticket...

holy shit, how stupid fuckin can you be... b\c now not only are you badmouthing another club with horrible grammar and making yourself look like illiterate, uneducated baffoons, YOU'RE ALSO CUTTING YOUR OWN PROMOTERS' THROATS! Why would I need to use, say, Oasis' <A HREF="http://www.clubplanet.com/guestlists/" TARGET="_blank"> guestlist</A> or Drama's <A HREF="http://www.clubplanet.com/guestlists/" TARGET="_blank"> guestlist</A> if they already mail me reduced admissions tickets!!!

Why would I wait on that LOOONG ass <A HREF="http://www.clubplanet.com/guestlists/" TARGET="_blank"> guestlist</A> line and freeze my ass off when I can just walk in through the regular line and use the reduced ticket??? I FUCKING FEEL BAD FOR ALL THE EXIT PROMOTERS lololol!!!

------------------

fiercetwok1@aol.com

201-488-1387

fierce club promotions

Hmmmmm.... exit a little scared of something??? I think so, I mean after they go a do a stupid think like fire their best Team Leaders and promoter, who in turn came to Factory because they were smart and they know how hott the party is there. If SF runs a theme party, guess what, they go all out to push the theme of the party. Exit, LOL, they come up with a theme, put that on the flyer, and when you get there... WOW! Its the same thing as the week before. No Suprise There.

So now we have "Castles In The Sky", whoa, what's the big deal, Exit already had them. What the hell are they worried about? Well, lets see... SF-Beach Party, INSANE!!!!! C'mon now, you cant get any closer to a better theme party. They even had the lobby filled with sand... tanning beds... (now thats how you stick to a theme). But anyway, the party was sickkkk! Over 3500 people showed up for it. Johnny Vicous monthly Resident, keeps packing the place. Why? Do you have to ask? Or should we go to EXIT where they make Draper play the same crap every week. I mean I guess thats ok if you are gonna pop some pills and spin some glowsticks on strings, cuz then it really doesn't matter what is playing. So now we are up to the week where "Castles In the Sky" will be performed, why is EXIT getting all defensive now?? Wouldn't it have made sense to have done something like that earlier on? Are you afraid that SF will pull as many people as you did or maybe have everyone that went to EXIT to see them come down to Factory this time to see them?? I don't understand what EXIT is so worried about. You guys have a million and one ways to make $$ down there, so whats the problem? You are still pulling your high numbers every week. Why go and (try) to do something low to bash Factory??? It's only making you look foolish, and many are getting a kick out of it. At least if Factory did something like that, they would do it the right way.

I would also like to state that I agree 100% with Dynamix's post. I think that what Exit did was low. And I also agree with this statement, "(Exit),Stop worrying about SoundFactory because SoundFactory doesn't worry about Exit!" And why doesn't Factory worry about Exit? Why should they? No need too... Exit doesn't take away from the family at SoundFactory. They're party has been going strong for years and will for years to come. How many more times will 610 W. 56th Street have to change their name to try and make a better party??? (Mirage, Carbon, Exit.. etc.)

When Exit learns how to throw a party and stop being greedy, thats when the future for exit will change.

That is because Richard is a smart man and knows how to keep his party running as long as it has. I agree all the way.

Originally posted by glowdancer:

Ppl paid good money to see Eminem performed AS PROMISED and all he did was come out and say a couple of words and dissapear

THAT IS ALL TOO TRUE

Guest crystalmethodny

FYI --

The fake one is performing at SF.

The real one is at Exit.

How do I know this? Because I do, you'll just have to trust me.

I'm not even a fan of Exit, nor do I go there... just here to deliver the truth.

------------------

"Can you feel it?"

"We're going to build things up slowly... are you with me? Here we go."

CrystalMethodNYC@aol.com

www.extremegroove.com

Guest crystalmethodny

Sarah,

I dont want to go into detail on the story but:

The real one is not at SF.

The fake one was in the video... that's right, in the video. The fake one lip sync's... yes lip sync's.

I'd wager $5,000 that if you took the girl from Exit and the girl from SF and made them sing... for real, without music, just vocals, you would know.

Why? Because we know the real one from Belgium.

Its a phallicy and fake. I hate seeing performers fucked over by greedy people, and thus, it happened again.

Should I call Track Central Booking for you? Let's talk to the agent of the real one.

-Steve

------------------

"Can you feel it?"

CrystalMethodNYC@aol.com

www.extremegroove.com

Guest crystalmethodny

Originally posted by sarahb53:

Relax, I am not trying to start anything with you. Nor do I want to bet you. It's not that big of a deal!

Its not a big deal between us, cause we're just two patrons of the scene smile.gif

But, think of what it feels like for the real Marsha? Sing and produce a track from your heart... only to find yourself being stabbed in the back by greedy record execs? Sound like a movie? Its true.

The girl is a sweetheart, and thus, it angers me to see fakes tromping around and taking money.

I never meant any ill ways towards you Sarah smile.gif Just stating the truth.

------------------

"Can you feel it?"

CrystalMethodNYC@aol.com

www.extremegroove.com

Guest crystalmethodny

Originally posted by sarahb53:

Okay, big hugs and kisses! I understand where you are coming from! cwm29.gifcwm30.gif

cwm38.gifcwm38.gif

Ill buy you a drink one day.

LOL

------------------

"Can you feel it?"

CrystalMethodNYC@aol.com

www.extremegroove.com

Ok here is the REAL DEAL:

The real singer, Marsha X, will be performing at Exit (too bad since I hate that place lol). SF actually had the first chance to book her, but they chose instead to book the lip syncing fraud that is in the video. This is the act that people have been biling as Ian Van Dahl. Not only is Ian Van Dahl a fake, but he doesn't even exist. It's a false name for the producer of the track that didnt want to use his real name cause he and the Belgian record company A&S records screwed the real singer and WRITER, Marsha X, in the contract.

The real singer will be touring the US over the next month. She has 27 confirmed dates already. The fraud (yes she is in the video, but didnt sing the song) has 4 dates... SF is one....

How do I know this you might ask? Well, myself and Justin Time are working on some new tracks with Marsha X and recently just completed the remix of castles that teh real singer will be performing to. Those of you at Exit that night will realize that the version she sings is not the original, but a harder version with more vocals... that is because she actually sings for only 15 seconds in the original - not too becoming for live performances...

This info is 100.00% fact. Im not saying which party is better or which I like more, I could care less, just setting the record straight cause Im sure some of you peeps are just believing what your team leaders are telling you, when they probably don't even know the real deal...now im ready for people to tell me I dont know what I'm talking about, even though my manager at Track is the same person who books both acts lol

smile.gif

PS - here is her website if you want to see what she looks like, then you can see she's not the fake that's in the video www.marshax.musicdot.com

------------------

Upcoming Gigs:

3/10 - Pure, Detroit MI

3/17 - Club Deep, LI

3/24 - Shadow Lounge, Miami

3/31 - Arena, Albany NY

www.djrussreign.com

NY METS 2000 NL CHAMPS!

[This message has been edited by russ reign (edited 03-21-2001).]

Guest crystalmethodny

Russ,

And I was trying to be tactful and not give it all away wink.gif

------------------

"Can you feel it?"

CrystalMethodNYC@aol.com

www.extremegroove.com

Im sorry but you people must be blind or just dumb, sf doesnt bring nearly as many people as exit. ok maybe tony isn't the best dj, but he plays ALOT harder and pulls out alot more energy than luv and lodi, and if you were true clubbers, you would at least admit to that. ok maybe sf does come through with better themes, but exit fridays have been going strong for over a year and a half now.

factory saturdays are the bomb, hands down. but exit fri vs sf fridays is a joke.

exit sound factory and come join our party smile.gif

------------------

a mind stretched by new dimensions can never be the same again

Your laughing at me cause I am different? Shit, im laughing at you cause your all the fucking same!

errr i mean exit fridays are the bomb hands down. see what happens when i get mad and cant type as fast as i think? smile.gif

------------------

a mind stretched by new dimensions can never be the same again

Your laughing at me cause I am different? Shit, im laughing at you cause your all the fucking same!

Guest crystalmethodny

Originally posted by back2basics-:

It's official ALL NY nightclub managers are imature arses.

IMO.

Amen.

------------------

"Can you feel it?"

CrystalMethodNYC@aol.com

www.extremegroove.com

IMO.

you ain't seen the least of it...

------------------

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they never use" -Soren Kierkegaard

"People who know little are usually great talkers, while men who know much say little." -Rousseau

hmr3.gif

IMO.

The only REALISTIC comment I've heard on this post!!

Thanks Steve and Russ for clearing that up! It really is a shame that Marsha got backstabbed with that song. It's a real shame! cwm1.gif

BlueAngel

------------------

"It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not." — Andre Gide

boobielogo2.jpg

all i have to say about one of the parties that was mentioned above, and not the soundfactory one, is the meathead situation... too many that think they own the club...

but, i am still not bashing exit

adam fierce

------------------

fiercetwok1@aol.com

201-488-1387

fierce club promotions

Originally posted by crystalmethodny:

FYI --

The fake one is performing at SF.

The real one is at Exit.

How do I know this? Because I do, you'll just have to trust me.

I'm not even a fan of Exit, nor do I go there... just here to deliver the truth.

Who give's a shit!! That song can suck my chocolate salty balls, it's horrible.. Real or fake, so what.. Waste of money if you ask me..

P.S. Steve .. finger.gif ..

------------------

finger.gif