Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Cops

The post about cops at Exit is what started me thinking about this. Why in God's name is anyone shocked by this?? There is so much illegal shit going on in every club!

Now for the drama filled part...who thinks that cops are wrong for being there and busting people!!?? Now I like to party as much as the next person but...if I get caught, I'm certainly not going to piss and moan about it! Drugs are illegal, underage drinking is illegal...cops are paid to enforce laws and bust people if they're doing something illegal. It just sounds so moronic to me when I hear people say "what right do they have to be there?" They're doing their job jackass!!

All the cop bashing is immature. Now this is not a big debate on police brutality or any other issue. Yes, I know there are cops out there that do bad things and I certainly don't condone that, but, there are many more that risk their lives every day to protect the silly morons that do nothing but badmouth them.

They have a tough fucking job and get no thanks for it.

------------------

cathysignature.jpgcathysignature2.jpg

~*~*~Don't use time or words carelessly, neither can be retrieved.~*~*~ blossom.gif

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am with you 100%.

It is Illegal, you know the risks and if you do the right things you are unlikely to get caught.. don't winge about it.

It's like the legalize argument I hear from time to time. To think drugs should be legalized is nieve to say the least, the system works as it is so just leave it as it is.

------------------

I want to go out blazing..not fade away.

Trust in the currency of relationships, it's hard to earn but easy to loose - back2basics

b2b6.GIF

I hear ya, Cathy! Some times you have to wonder why the United States have the highest crime rate in the world and produce children with the lowest IQ.

It's because we give no respect to people that actually deserves them like teachers and policemen. Instead we idolize movie stars, athletes, artists ect.

It's just sad. aeh.gif

BlueAngel

------------------

“I shall allow no man to belittle my soul by making me hate him.” — Booker T. Washington

boobielogo2.jpg

I think the problem here is selective enforcement of the law. The cops are not there (at exit) to help anyone. It's simply a convenient place to make a lot of easy drug arrests, much easier than going after people doing coke in the bathrooms of every bar in the city.

Does this help anyone's drug problems? No, it does not.

Does it look good in the tabloids? Yes, it does.

And that's all there is to it.

------------------

*i'm in love with the modern world*

[This message has been edited by roadrunner (edited 03-29-2001).]

Originally posted by dale77:

Oh please. We just want to have fun and do whatever we want to do, even if it is illegal.

Cops suck.

WOW, where have youy been all my life. rolleyes.gif

------------------

Trust in the currency of relationships, it's hard to earn but easy to loose - back2basics

b2b6.GIF

I totally agree... If I get caught doing something illegal, it's MY own goddamn fault... Of course I'll bitch and moan but I will KNOW that it's my own responsibility and every time I do something, I'm aware of the risks and know that there's always a chance of getting caught... Of course it sucks when YOU are the one getting caught when another 100000 ppl are doing the same thing but they can't catch everyone... Like Cathy said, they are doing their job at trying to stop ppl from using/selling drugs. So no surprise if they raid a club or search ppl..

Oh please. We just want to have fun and do whatever we want to do, even if it is illegal.

Cops suck.

Very solid argument.

cwm25.gif

------------------

"The world is a better place because of those who refuse to believe they can't

fly."

dragon_pipe_e0.gif

I go places,I interact...

(What places?)

Certain, clubs. Like, Paradise. It's not bad.

It's just that feeling when you can take your shirt off and really dance. When the music owns you. Do you understand?

Cops suck.

word up! atleast in the context of clubbing anyway. i don't think people should be able to run around looting and killing and raping people, but what the fuck's the harm of being in a club, gettin mangled, and having a good time...

ps:drugs are bad. pvd sucks!

------------------

got drugs?

CATHYO I AGREE A 100% BUT ON THE OTHER HAND WHILE WE ARE ONLY HARMING OURSELVES THE COPS SHOULD BE OUT CATCHING MURDERS, RAPISTS AND KIDNAPPERS......PERSONALLY I THINK THIS COUNTRY HAS ITS PRIORITIES BACKWARDS

------------------

"don't get attached to anything you're not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you spot the heat coming around the corner"

Robert Deniro

TUNNEL SATURDAY'S "SOPRANO GUEST LIST"

AIM:MSOPRANO13

Email: msoprano13@yahoo.com

Ganster-01.gif "IM GONNA MAKE YOU AN OFFER YOU CANT REFUSE" MSOPRANO13

Originally posted by blueangel:

It's because we give no respect to people that actually deserves them like teachers and policemen. Instead we idolize movie stars, athletes, artists ect.

You know what? This sounds nice to say, but I don't think I really agree. Cops and teachers are basically paid to enforce the rules. That's their job, too keep you in line so you're a productive citizen, meanwhile consigning you to the most banal possible existence. Maybe I have a little authority problem, but I really dislike and distrust the cop mentality. They think they know what's good for everyone else, and have an utter lack of insight into the complex situations that drive people to do things. Don't get me wrong, I've had great teachers and I'm sure there are great cops, but their essential job is to keep everybody in line.

Originally posted by msoprano13:

CATHYO I AGREE A 100% BUT ON THE OTHER HAND WHILE WE ARE ONLY HARMING OURSELVES THE COPS SHOULD BE OUT CATCHING MURDERS, RAPISTS AND KIDNAPPERS......PERSONALLY I THINK THIS COUNTRY HAS ITS PRIORITIES BACKWARDS

and i second that!

Cops get paid to get results. To get results do you

a) go round every bar and see if you are lucky enough to find somebody in the restrooms having a line.

or

B) go to a club where you know there will be dealers and people will have quantities of drugs on them.

Only very stupid people would not go to the clubs. And there are different cops that look after murders, not just your average bobby on the beat. There called detectives.

Besides 90% of it is political. Remember politicians set the priorities and as the MAJORITY of people in this world are against drugs what do you expect them to do? When the Majority of people want drugs to be legal and user to be left then politicians won't dare say anything against it or they wont get elected.

So are you people seriously suggesting the democratic process is wrong?

That said in the UK they put less onus on the user and more on the dealer (as I believe they do here). So small amounts of possession and you will get away with a caution.

------------------

b2b6.GIF

Originally posted by roadrunner:

You know what? This sounds nice to say, but I don't think I really agree. Cops and teachers are basically paid to enforce the rules. That's their job, too keep you in line so you're a productive citizen, meanwhile consigning you to the most banal possible existence. Maybe I have a little authority problem, but I really dislike and distrust the cop mentality. They think they know what's good for everyone else, and have an utter lack of insight into the complex situations that drive people to do things. Don't get me wrong, I've had great teachers and I'm sure there are great cops, but their essential job is to keep everybody in line.

It's really sad to hear you say that . . . because it's people with that mentality that's oppressing the education system. If you look at where I'm from (South Korea), teachers are VERY MUCH respected in that country. They're probably the highest paying jobs besides politicians. That's why you have people who LOVE and WANT to teach . . . have ENOUGH teachers so that they don't have to divide their attention to 40 different kids in one class room. Paid enough so that they pay attention and make sure that every student learns something.

Respect goes hand in hand. If you're going to put the cops down and start bashing them, they're not going to treat you any better either.

BlueAngel

------------------

“I shall allow no man to belittle my soul by making me hate him.” — Booker T. Washington

boobielogo2.jpg

Originally posted by roadrunner:

The cops are not there (at exit) to help anyway. It's simply a convenient place to make a lot of easy drug arrests, much easier than going after people doing coke in the bathrooms of every bar in the city.

Does this help anyone's drug problems? No, it does not.

Does it look good in the tabloids? Yes, it does.

And that's all there is to it.

You're right, they aren't there to help people, they were not assigned to go in and help people, they were assigned to go in and bust people. They are doing their jobs...you can't complain about that. That's my point. These guys did not make the rules, they are simply enforcing them.

Does it help anyone's drug problem...it doesn't matter.

My point is that people have problems with the laws and decide that it is OK to take it out on those whose job it is to enforce those laws.

------------------

~*~*~Don't use time or words carelessly, neither can be retrieved.~*~*~ blossom.gif

Originally posted by back2basics-:

a) go round every bar and see if you are lucky enough to find somebody in the restrooms having a line.

or

B) go to a club where you know there will be dealers and people will have quantities of drugs on them.

Only very stupid people would not go to the clubs. And there are different cops that look after murders, not just your average bobby on the beat. There called detectives.

Besides 90% of it is political. Remember politicians set the priorities and as the MAJORITY of people in this world are against drugs what do you expect them to do? When the Majority of people want drugs to be legal and user to be left then politicians won't dare say anything against it or they wont get elected.

That said in the UK they put less onus on the user and more on the dealer (as I believe they do here). So small amounts of possession and you will get away with a caution.

to get results, i use ultra slim fast. a delicous shake in the morning, one for lunch and then a sensible dinner.

or

i'm tired of your know it all attitude! go home, we don't want your kind here no more!

Cletus, get the shotgun...

------------------

got drugs?

Originally posted by p00h:

or

i'm tired of your know it all attitude! go home, we don't want your kind here no more!

Cletus, get the shotgun...

Now, now pOOh-bear! Violence never solves anything!!

BlueAngel

------------------

boobielogo2.jpg

Originally posted by msoprano13:

Even if we are only harming ourselves, it is still illegal...their job is to stop illegal activities. What I'm saying is, it's not up to them which behavior to let go and which to crack down on. They have a job to do and we shouldn't disrespect them for doing it.

As far as the rapists and murder thing, there are cops and detectives that handle those areas too. Like b2b said, you're average beat cop doesn't work those cases.

------------------

Cops suck.

You weren't born in '77 were you?? cwm25.gif

------------------

Originally posted by blueangel:

Now, now pOOh-bear! Violence never solves anything!!

BlueAngel

Violence? Nah he said go get the gun... he don't want to get his paws dirty.

back2basics - 'knowsitallapartfromthestuffhedoesnt'

------------------

b2b6.GIF