Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Cops

Mu uncle's a cop and he use to get me reeeaaaly great drugs!

What DID you think alot of cops do with rolls and pills and shit they collect after all?

Hmmmmmmmmmmm?

But I agree...

It's a hell of a job and they deserve more props for it!

I've actualy hung out with a couple cops at a party once and they where maaad chill.

Suspiciouse at my friendlyness but always very polite...

THEY ARE PEOPLE in the end you know...

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by cathyo:

You're right, they aren't there to help people, they were not assigned to go in and help people, they were assigned to go in and bust people. They are doing their jobs...you can't complain about that. That's my point. These guys did not make the rules, they are simply enforcing them.

Does it help anyone's drug problem...it doesn't matter.

My point is that people have problems with the laws and decide that it is OK to take it out on those whose job it is to enforce those laws.

no offense, but this sounds really fascist! I mean come on, "they're just doing they're jobs"? That's nazi talk. Do you feel strongly about anything? Animal rights for instance? I saw this thing on the news the other night about monkeys implanted with pig hearts, hoping that one day it would work for humans... and thay killed like 10,000 monkeys implanting them with pig organs! This is somebody "just doing their job" going in every morning, cutting monkeys and pigs up and switching around their insides, knowing they're going to die in under 40 days.

My point is: everyone knows what their job is, and I think they should have some kind of moral responsibility for it.

And no, I'm not bashing cops. We live in a country with way too many guns, too few schools, and no sense of responsibility to anyone else. I'm glad cops are around so I don't get shot walking home every night.

------------------

arrowART.gif

*i'm in love with the modern world*

Originally posted by emiliep:

wow, what a come back!!! did ya hear that one dale??? she's good this cathy cwm34.gif

If you think debating is made out of quick come backs then more of a kid then dale. Either state your opinion backed with something logical or STFU!

cwm25.gif

BlueAngel

------------------

“I shall allow no man to belittle my soul by making me hate him.” — Booker T. Washington

boobielogo2.jpg

Don't blame the cops, they're only doing their jobs. Blame the system. I've met a lot of good cops during my days, and I've also met some assholes. The point is that the cops do what their boss says. Their boss does what the mayor wants. The mayor does what he thinks will win him votes, and allow him to gain power.

If you want to do something about it, get yourself in a position of power, and start flexing your muscles. Bitching about it does nothing but create noise.

------------------

Fuck a signature...

Originally posted by back2basics-:

It's like the legalize argument I hear from time to time. To think drugs should be legalized is nieve to say the least, the system works as it is so just leave it as it is.

The system works just fine as it is? Which system? The one that forces mandatory minimums on first time offenders? Kids or adults that have the bad luck or stupidity to get caught and are forced to serve 2 years, driving up prison rates and resulting in increased taxes for me and you. That works for you? The U. S. has the largest % of it's population in prison than any other industrialized nation in the world. Mostly due to drug related, victimless crimes.

I agree that people that get busted in clubs were aware of the risks, and that the cops are simply doing their job enforcing the laws that are passed. I too am not a big fan of cops nor cops in clubs, but they are just people doing their jobs most of the time.

------------------

cwm42.gif

Peace,

-=808=-

.:J:.

You weren't born in '77 were you?? cwm25.gif

Originally posted by emiliep: wow, what a come back!!! did ya hear that one dale??? she's good this cathy cwm34.gif

#1 - It wasn't a "comeback" it was a satirical question in response to the immature comment that was made. The likes of which spawned the original post.

#2 - I can explain why I made my comment, can you say the same for yours? Is it in any way relevent to the topic at hand?

------------------

cathysignature.jpgcathysignature2.jpg

~*~*~Don't use time or words carelessly, neither can be retrieved.~*~*~ blossom.gif

[This message has been edited by cathyo (edited 03-29-2001).]

Originally posted by blueguy808:

The system works just fine as it is? Which system? The one that forces mandatory minimums on first time offenders? Kids or adults that have the bad luck or stupidity to get caught and are forced to serve 2 years, driving up prison rates and resulting in increased taxes for me and you. That works for you? The U. S. has the largest % of it's population in prison than any other industrialized nation in the world. Mostly due to drug related, victimless crimes.

I agree that people that get busted in clubs were aware of the risks, and that the cops are simply doing their job enforcing the laws that are passed. I too am not a big fan of cops nor cops in clubs, but they are just people doing their jobs most of the time.

Ok drugs aren't a 'victimless crime', in Columbia and the major drug producing nations the drug barons kill, maim and are also involved with terrorism, extortion, prostitution etc. At a street level dealers are usually selling illegal guns, prostitutes and basically run local crime rings. If you read what I said in my other post you would see I think the onus should be away from the user and more on the dealer.

AND if drugs were legalized what effect do you think that would have on society? It's easy to think of your friends and social group but I ain't talking about them I am talking about the average middle American... they have ENOUGH of a problem NOW when drugs are expensive and not readily available.

I am just touching on the REAL issues, just because American jails are full has NOTHING to do with this. Drugs are used in Every country and it's not the same there, so that is a false economy.

And I am very happy with the amount of taxes I pay.

------------------

I want to go out blazing..not fade away.

Trust in the currency of relationships, it's hard to earn but easy to loose - back2basics

b2b6.GIF

Originally posted by roadrunner:

no offense, but this sounds really fascist! I mean come on, "they're just doing they're jobs"? That's nazi talk. Do you feel strongly about anything? Animal rights for instance? I saw this thing on the news the other night about monkeys implanted with pig hearts, hoping that one day it would work for humans... and thay killed like 10,000 monkeys implanting them with pig organs! This is somebody "just doing their job" going in every morning, cutting monkeys and pigs up and switching around their insides, knowing they're going to die in under 40 days.

My point is: everyone knows what their job is, and I think they should have some kind of moral responsibility for it.

And no, I'm not bashing cops. We live in a country with way too many guns, too few schools, and no sense of responsibility to anyone else. I'm glad cops are around so I don't get shot walking home every night.

I agree that people have a moral responsibility in their careers but, what is the moral wrongdoing in enforcing the law? Nazi's were killing people for no reason, cops are locking up people for actual wrongdoing.

------------------

~*~*~Don't use time or words carelessly, neither can be retrieved.~*~*~ blossom.gif

Originally posted by back2basics-:

Ok drugs aren't a 'victimless crime', in Columbia and the major drug producing nations the drug barons kill, maim and are also involved with terrorism, extortion, prostitution etc. At a street level dealers are usually selling illegal guns, prostitutes and basically run local crime rings. If you read what I said in my other post you would see I think the onus should be away from the user and more on the dealer.

AND if drugs were legalized what effect do you think that would have on society? It's easy to think of your friends and social group but I ain't talking about them I am talking about the average middle American... they have ENOUGH of a problem NOW when drugs are expensive and not readily available.

I am just touching on the REAL issues, just because American jails are full has NOTHING to do with this. Drugs are used in Every country and it's not the same there, so that is a false economy.

And I am very happy with the amount of taxes I pay.

I was referring to drugs in the U. S., NYC more specifically, and the clubs in NYC in particular. I was directly referring to the FACT that if I or you choose to buy drugs there are no victims.

As for legalization, I am of the opinion that certain drugs should be legal and monitored as well as taxed. What exactly do you mean by middle America?

And American jails being full has everything to do with this. You said "the system works as it is so just leave it as is". That's why the initial question I posted was "Which system?". As is which system works just fine? This one here in America? The one in Colombia? Some system in some other country that is not the U. S.?

BTW...sorry if I come off as being aggro. I hope that you can see this as a mature discussion between two adults. I respect your opinion and your right to have it and expect the same from you.

------------------

cwm42.gif

Peace,

-=808=-

.:J:.

I agree that people have a moral responsibility in their careers but, what is the moral wrongdoing in enforcing the law? Nazi's were killing people for no reason, cops are locking up people for actual wrongdoing.

The problem here is how you define wrongdoing. The Nazis defined it as being jewish. America defines it as posessing drugs. Neither of which I find too horrible.

And that arguement about middle america is bullshit. It's that whole paternallistic attitude that says "oh they don't know what's good for them" that REALLY bothers me. Give your fellow human beings some credit, for christ's sake.

British colonialism, perhaps? The old master of the savages, "we must MAKE them do the right thing, because of course they wouldn't be able to do it for themselves." PLEASE.

#1 - It wasn't a "comeback" it was a satirical question in response to the immature comment that was made. The likes of which spawned the original post.

#2 - I can explain why I made my comment, can you say the same for yours? Is it in any way relevent to the topic at hand?

That's great n' all but ya know what?

Cops still suck!!

I couldn't care less whether they're doing their jobs or not and I surely couldn't care less that you think I'm immature.

What I do care about right now, is doing lots of illegal drugs this weekend, partying my ass off and having fun and hating the cops for being there trying to catch me doing it! And you and I can go on living agreeing to disagree. I have a right to say what I want, you have a right to disagree.

If you were so MATURE yourself, Cathyo, you would have respected my right to voice my opinion anyway I wanted to and not made your own "satirical question" b/c it makes you look just as immature.

And Emiliep doesn't have to explain shit to you. She can post whatever she wants, relevant or not.

SO THERE!

------------------

You're only young once

Originally posted by dale77:

That's great n' all but ya know what?

Cops still suck!!

I couldn't care less whether they're doing their jobs or not and I surely couldn't care less that you think I'm immature.

What I do care about right now, is doing lots of illegal drugs this weekend, partying my ass off and having fun and hating the cops for being there trying to catch me doing it! And you and I can go on living agreeing to disagree. I have a right to say what I want, you have a right to disagree.

If you were so MATURE yourself, Cathyo, you would have respected my right to voice my opinion anyway I wanted to and not made your own "satirical question" b/c it makes you look just as immature.

And Emiliep doesn't have to explain shit to you. She can post whatever she wants, relevant or not.

SO THERE!

I'd love for you to "voice your opinion" to a cop when you're in need of some assistance. Then we'll see if you really care if they are doing their jobs or not.

------------------

pbc.gif

Originally posted by rparadox:

Don't blame the cops, they're only doing their jobs. Blame the system. I've met a lot of good cops during my days, and I've also met some assholes. The point is that the cops do what their boss says. Their boss does what the mayor wants. The mayor does what he thinks will win him votes, and allow him to gain power.

If you want to do something about it, get yourself in a position of power, and start flexing your muscles. Bitching about it does nothing but create noise.

It's true. We see cops as having power because they have power OVER US. But who REALLY has the power? That's who we need to take issue with.

And as for the person who lumped teachers and cops together as people who "keep you in line"- that's really sad! The true purpose of education is to help you to think for yourself, and a good teacher will point you in that direction. And that is exactly the opposite of "keeping you in line."

------------------

I never try anything, I just do it... Wanna try me?

pussycat.jpg

Originally posted by playboychick:

I'd love for you to "voice your opinion" to a cop when you're in need of some assistance. Then we'll see if you really care if they are doing their jobs or not.

First of all you have it all wrong. I hate cops when they're trying to catch ppl like me doing illegal things that i really want to do.

I'd love for you to go back and read my original post: "We just want to have fun and do whatever we want to do, even if it is illegal". If you couldn't figure out what I was talking about then I don't know what to tell you.

Cathyo put up a post about cops in clubs. I was merely responded to it.

Lighten up folks.

------------------

You're only young once

I think Dale is right on the money here, folks. Drugs enhance our lives and make life worth living. Im not doubting that cops have a role and I respect that. But I dont go into there houses with guns and warrants and try to bust up THEIR fun. Why should they be allowed to do the same to me!!!!

if its E its for me..........

Miz

Cops suck.

My two closest friends are cops. One here in jersey and one in NYC. They are just trying to do their jobs. The one in NYC says most cops dont really want to bust people in the clubs but they have to. If you are careful and dont try to sell, most people should be fine. My 2 friends would kill me if they found out what I do when I am in the city.

cwm42.gif

Originally posted by BRIAN1500:

My two closest friends are cops. One here in jersey and one in NYC. They are just trying to do their jobs. The one in NYC says most cops dont really want to bust people in the clubs but they have to. If you are careful and dont try to sell, most people should be fine. My 2 friends would kill me if they found out what I do when I am in the city.

cwm42.gif

I know what ya mean. I understand that they have a job to do and that's fine.

I'm just busting chops.

------------------

You're only young once

"Just doing their job"

I put very little faith in people that mindlessly carry out the tasks of others. Let's say the cops do have a problem with the drug laws. By enforcing them they are SELL OUTS and no different than a polotican actin in favor of a donor or an "artist" that changes his/her style and expression for a check.

There are other jobs out there or if the cops really wanted to make a difference they could try to be reassigned to a duty that actually does make a differnece in public safety.

How would you feel if your entire financial existence was to carry out the political whims of someone else gaining power? Does it make you feel proud when you punch out for the day?

Originally posted by blueangel:

If you think debating is made out of quick come backs then more of a kid then dale. Either state your opinion backed with something logical or STFU!

cwm25.gif

BlueAngel

sorry it took so long for me to respond to this ms. angel...or can i call you blue?...but being that i was born in '77 it takes a little longer for us immature folks to think of things to say. come to think of it, i don't remember even speaking to you in the first place so i don't really know exactly what i'm responding to. let me think, ah yes, now i remember. i was actually talking to cathyowassupkid when i made that remark on her brilliant comeback which i later found out was retaliation to something, something, spawning something with a satirical question...does that make sense to you, because it made COMPLETE sense to me. you might want to let your little sidekick in on the rules of debating 101 that you let me in on because she doesn't know that if you "state your opinion it has to be backed up with something logical". an explanation of the statement in a later post is cheating and she should be reprimanded! but you know what ms. angel...blue?...what did we decide? you can go take that logical reasoning bullshit and shove it right up that tight ass of yours because, logical or not, opinions are OPINIONS!!

Originally posted by blueangel:

cwm25.gif

BlueAngel

Hey Emliep, wanna go ride bikes later? I just got new Garbage Pail Kids, wanna trade? Or we could play Zelda and Super Mario on my Nintendo.

------------------

You're only young once

Not once did I say you can't have your opinion, I only commented that I think your opinion is immature...and that's my opinion...so, practice what you preach.

The whole intention of my post was to point out the fact that most cops are working a thankless job and going out everyday to protect people that (many times) have no respect for them. We will have to agree to disagree and I will be comfortable knowing that what comes around goes around. I give those who work to take care of me the respect they deserve and in turn, I hope to have that same respect from them. You on the other hand will just go on hating the people who you may be in dire need of one day. I hope you don't have to learn how important they are in that way.

------------------

come to think of it, i don't remember even speaking to you in the first place

Not to be picky but...I don't recall speaking to you either when you piped in so don't call blueangel on that.

you might want to let your little sidekick in on the rules of debating 101 that you let me in on because she doesn't know that if you "state your opinion it has to be backed up with something logical".

At what point did I state an opinion that was not backed up with something logical?

------------------