Clubplanet Nightlife Community

HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN "CLUBBING"?

How long has everyone been on the scene? I see these threads counting down the days till Temps. I remeber when I was like that too, but after 4 years in a row of the same people, same music, same drugs, it starts to loose its appeal. I am definitly ready for summer, but I don't know if I have the same feeling about the whole scene as I used too. I know everyone has seen that mid-30 year old in the club, all mangled, acting like he/she is 20 yrs. old. When do you give it up?

I've been clubbing for like 12 years , that including my teen club years, like at Joey's Butterfields, and Meadowbrook. The first city club I ever went to was Limellight, and Mars was my favorite back then !

------------------

"I walk through the valley of fear, I fear nothing cause I'm the baddest mother fucker in the valley!"

Well I turn 22 not to long ago. The first club I ever went to besides a shitty local club in my town was the Tunnel in the summer of 97 and it amazed me,I was hooked went there like every other saturday untill summer of 98 made change to Roxy fridays.Did that a while then 99- till present mostly go to SF or Exit on saturdays, other NYC clubs I've been to but only once or twice are Twilo,World,Limelight,and Twirl.

AS for Tempts and the summer, memorial day weekend 98 was the first time and was impressed with the crowd,energy,vibe and music.Spent like 6 weekends there but the last two years I've been there almost every weekend and I'm not bored of it yet and plan to be there every weekend this year.

[This message has been edited by tempkid (edited 02-21-2001).]

Drama, I definitely agree that the feeling I used to get from partying isn't the same, but I 'm still having a great time! Its so hard give it up, all though I'm trying really hard to slow down. My evil friends don't make it easy!!! I mean how any of us have swore up an down that last summer was going to be their last summer? Tell the truth

------------------

"I walk through the valley of fear, I fear nothing cause I'm the baddest mother fucker in the valley!"

Im young, only 18.. but I have been going since 8th grade summer, ahhh yes, Temptations teen nights... then we moved onto the Tunnel and occasional Limelight, and the old Carbon... then SF Fridays and EXIT sat, now its EXIT Fridays and once every few months ill head over to SF for saturdays.

i notice when I start going EVERY weekend, I seem to like the scene alot more than going once or twice every other week.. shiit i love clubs. wink.gifcwm17.gif

------------------

"a mind stretched by new dimensions can never be the same again"

Originally posted by sin-sational:

Drama, I definitely agree that the feeling I used to get from partying isn't the same, but I 'm still having a great time! Its so hard give it up, all though I'm trying really hard to slow down. My evil friends don't make it easy!!! I mean how any of us have swore up an down that last summer was going to be their last summer? Tell the truth

Sin:

I swear every year up and down that it is my last and wouldn't you know I keep coming back. Of course, I still have a good time, but it is getting old. It is addicting and it is so much harder when everyone you are friends with suck you in with them. I need a change..........but I guess I am going to wait until next year for that!

cwm1.gif

I started back in HS my sophomore year... I was 15 the first time I walked in to the LimeLight. I used to go almost every weekend after that either there or Paladium... later on I started going to The Roxy and the Tunnel. I went away to college but used to drive home 3 hours ever other weekend to go to Sound Factory. After 7 and a half years of drinking drugs and clubbin' I have worn myself out... I can't party like I used to. GOD I make myself sound so old! Sometime I wish I would have waited till I was a bit old before I started, I could have appriciated it more and maybe I would be a little more into it now.

Originally posted by sin-sational:

RIGHT!!!!

DO YOU THINK YOU CAN GO COLD TURKEY OR DO YOU NEED TO EASE OUT OF IT?

i GOTTA TELL YA EASING OUT OF IT IS HARD BECAUSE YOU ALWAYS WANT MORE OR AT LEAST I DO!

You can't ease it - there is no such thing.......although I have been pretty non-existent in the scene lately, but once summer comes I will be out in full force. Cold Turkey is probably the best way to go, but I am not ready for that.

Originally posted by anthonyp:

I HOPE MY NAME WORKS. I'VE BEEN IN THE SCENE SINCE 97 AND HAVE SEEN A LOT OF CHANGES IN THE SCENE AS WELL.I DO LOVE TEMPTS,I WILL BE THERE THIS SUMMER, BUT I AGREE WITH VERVE & DRAMA, I DON'T FEEL THAT ULTIMATE RUSH LIKE I USED TO WHEN I GO OUT ANYMORE.I'M SURE A LOT OF IT HAS TO DO WITH THE FACT I DON'T DROP BOMBS ANYMORE,THANK GOD.I THINK MY TIME IS COMING SOON, TEMPTS WILL ALWAYS BE NUMBER 1 IN MY HEART!!!!!!!

AnthonyP:

I am with you sweetie! That place does have a special meaning to me........it brought so many of us together! Some of the best times I had were there................I am going to try this year without the bombs (seriously) and see how it compares.

Originally posted by sextcy4u:

i started clubbin when i was like 12 with my sis and cousins(im 25 now)...my whole club ideas have def changed...i couldnt miss a weekend out-now i dont give a rats ass if i dont go out...im sick of the scene, its the same shit all the time!!! i only go out once in awhile now.

SEXTCY out friends would never go for such a thing..i totaly agree with you...ive done it in the past i'll continue to do so..staying home with a few friends is much better...

cwm23.gif KILL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thang.. I started clubbin when i was like 18... currently i'm 22.. but still feel the rush on the weekends to go out a be in the scene; mad fun b..

i'll probably cut back from it later on when destiny finds me the one.. but for now... i'll be like; whooaa whooaa.. no doubt

CNN... the mothaphuckin reunion!!!!

------------------

to the world, you might be one person... but to one person.. you might be the world..

GOT VTECH??

straigtlight.gif

SIN...I'm with you...12+ years clubbing..damn I feel old looking at these people that are only at 2 years. It all started at Joey's, Obsessions, Dancin's, Trumps. I have definitely calmed down, but that summer rush still gets those butterflies stiring in my stomach. It's almost like a high when you know it's time. There's nothing like the feeling you get of clubbin' in the summer.

How long til SUMMER 2001???

cwm17.gif

I HOPE MY NAME WORKS. I'VE BEEN IN THE SCENE SINCE 97 AND HAVE SEEN A LOT OF CHANGES IN THE SCENE AS WELL.I DO LOVE TEMPTS,I WILL BE THERE THIS SUMMER, BUT I AGREE WITH VERVE & DRAMA, I DON'T FEEL THAT ULTIMATE RUSH LIKE I USED TO WHEN I GO OUT ANYMORE.I'M SURE A LOT OF IT HAS TO DO WITH THE FACT I DON'T DROP BOMBS ANYMORE,THANK GOD.I THINK MY TIME IS COMING SOON, TEMPTS WILL ALWAYS BE NUMBER 1 IN MY HEART!!!!!!!

------------------

dancebar.gif

i started clubbin when i was like 12 with my sis and cousins(im 25 now)...my whole club ideas have def changed...i couldnt miss a weekend out-now i dont give a rats ass if i dont go out...im sick of the scene, its the same shit all the time!!! i only go out once in awhile now.

------------------

"Maybe some women aren't meant to be tamed. Maybe they need to run free until they find someone just as wild to run with."

The age to get into these places is 21 it doesnthavea limit i guessyou stop going when you dont have fun anymore. I now marriedcouplesthat go to factory and exitand roll all night and are in their mid 30's. I am 31 today. the first club i went to was in 1986 on my 16th birthday. that club was called Studio 54 it was awesome. Since i have been to the 1018(now the roxy) the underground, emrald city, twilo, Webster hall, exit SF, abyss , hunkas, joeys , chicagos and sound garden same thingsand many more. i still have fun enjoythe music and the candy you get to playwith there. If you are there with a bunch of friends andhavea good time does it matterhow old u are. i thinkthe people who stop going in their early 20's are thosethat only go to hook up and are now in relationships. i go for the music mainly. i love that they dont playiton radio and you have to go out till 10 am to hear it