Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Good deeds = bad karma?

Everyone's familiar with the concept of karma, right? Do good shit, and good shit will happen to you in return.

Well, sorry to break the news (to those who don't already know), that's not how it works.

No such thing as karma. Just luck.

For example: recently, I've been helping some people out BIG time, and bad things happen as a result.

Been driving my friends (many of you!) home after clubbing alot, since I have a car and it sames them 10-20 buck cab ride. But last week, my car gets towed on Tues. for $200, and then gets broken into on Sat. and brand new car stereo stolen (along with my favorite cd and favorite hat!). Now I have to deal with police reports, insurnace companies, and getting it fixed...

To top it all off, I got pulled over by the cops after dropping Boa_boy home last night after watching the game at mine! Now I have to deal with MORE police, tickets, etc.

MORAL OF THE STORY: make sure you're getting something in return for your next good deed...chalking it up to "good karma" will probably come back to bite you in the ass.

Anyone else experience this kinda thing?

G'luck to all y'all.

------------------

furnace.gif

"Much respect...to the dreamers..."

[This message has been edited by furnace (edited 06-11-2001).]

[This message has been edited by furnace (edited 06-11-2001).]

keep those spirits up there dude...karma exist..sometimes its just a little slow in responding...i went through some very messed up things my first 3 months in nyc...was horrible but i kept a positive outlook and was sure that everything would work out...and now, my life is the birthday that wont quit...everythings purrfect...in due time man...i feel it bubbling for you already

------------------

"i was the real star...just because his mother died he got all the attention...they even named the movie after his no acting ass" - quote from an unidentified rabbit on the set of bambi

aw..that sucks. even though it may cost alot for public transit to get into the city, it's better than having to worry about how your car is doing. i always take transit into the city. also that aussie is bad luck!! cwm38.gif

------------------

59-BB3214.gif

he said : i'd really like to get into your pants!

she said : no thanks. there's already one asshole in there!

'nuff said

Originally posted by starcapone:

aw..that sucks. even though it may cost alot for public transit to get into the city, it's better than having to worry about how your car is doing. i always take transit into the city. also that aussie is bad luck!! cwm38.gif

thanks for the love and support wink.gif

I can't believe that shit D, over time everything will work out for the best

cwm38.gif

------------------

Where did my liver go?....................... boa_boy@yahoo.com YIM boa_boy AIM boaboyOZ

Oh Dennis! I am so sorry to hear all that...

I don't know what to say except keep your head up! Good things happen to good people....

I know with all the tickets and tow it's hard to think that but I have to believe it's true....

Don't worry...when I get my license back, I will definitly give you rides!

Lexi *damntheman* cwm38.gif

------------------

Lexicopy.jpg

"what I want is what I've not got, but what I need is all around me" - DMB

Originally posted by mel-o-d:

Dennis, how many more signs do you need? ... get rid of the car. You're moving into the city, you won't need it.

Karma does exist and you are long over due.

that's on point Mel-o-d, lots of misfortune, all revolving around that vehicle.........

but then how is half of club planet going to get around? wink.gif

------------------

Where did my liver go?....................... boa_boy@yahoo.com YIM boa_boy AIM boaboyOZ

damn - you need to drop the car dude - something baaad must have happened there. seriously though that sucks big time - but things will work out well - don't give up hope.

------------------

* i love sex always&forever *

and they tell me that women grow on trees

and if you catch them right they will land upon their knees

AIM: F1LTHYSLAG

Originally posted by shugabooga:

apparently good deeds do equal bad karma!!!! every time i loan something to someone, they never return it unless i bug them for it. what's up with that?

You need more honest friends.

Furnace... I know what you mean. But don't let it turn you bitter. Have faith.

Who says good Karma will manifest itself as something obvious either. Good Karma could be having 50 -100 CPers to back you up next time some 'roid infected Suit takes that shoulder bump the wrong way. It could be that your car was robbed and not stolen, it could come 10 years from now when you meet your soul mate.

Keep the faith.

------------------

I'm in search of myself. If you find me before I arrive, please have me wait.

AOL IM: petrol01

Hey Dennis.

i feel for you!

it isn't the karma its the car.

i am in the same situation with a car, and all i can say is it is costing me more to keep it then it would be to rent one the three times a month i need it. it got hit while it was parked and nobody left a note so i had to fork over the $500 deductible to get it fixed. The insurance is around 2200 a year for a damn 10 year old car.

and it takes me an hour to find a new spot on the alternate side days.

also, i learned to be a mean person and not drive it into the city at all, not even to drive my friends around to clubs because there are too many screwed up people driving at 6 in the morning when we want to get home.

sell it. i'm sure your friends will forgive you!

-k

OK, if we're gona focus on the car.

My perspective.

I drive a motorcycle.

It is old. Maybe worth $2000 on a good day.

Jersey insurance: $276

One dollar cheaper thru the Lincoln tunnel.

Easier to move through traffic.

I can find parking almost anywhere since half spot are pretty common.

Rain gear and low city speeds make it fairly practical to ride most of the time and city transit makes up for the rest.

And with a bike like that, there's nothing to steal.

Think about it. I've spent alot this year on maintenance.. about $800, but thats still less than you quoted.

------------------

I'm in search of myself. If you find me before I arrive, please have me wait.

AOL IM: petrol01

okay back again for a *nice* answer. first of all you just need to look at the big picture...you're young and you have your health. you have a college education. your parents are still married, each with meaningful, productive careers and healthy lifestyles, and who love you very much. you have tons of talented, creative, supportive friends who enrich your life on a daily basis. you certainly don't suffer from lonliness or lack of stimulation, and you live in one of the top cities in the world. what you do with all of these advantages is up to you. daily annoyances will come and go and it has nothing to do with karma. as dr. scott peck ("the road less traveled") says "life is all about problems and how you solve them." protect yourself a little more and the cops and thieves won't be able to cause you harm.

i know EXACTLY what you're talking about,lately bad shit has been happening to me,especially after helping out my friends cwm36.gifcwm36.gifcwm36.gifcwm36.gifcwm36.gifcwm36.gif

------------------

3aa325950d110e7d.jpg

and then.......THEY FUCKED ALL NIGHT!!!!!!!!!

[This message has been edited by johnnyrevs (edited 06-11-2001).]

Originally posted by furnace:

Everyone's familiar with the concept of karma, right? Do good shit, and good shit will happen to you in return.

Well, sorry to break the news (to those who don't already know), that's not how it works.

No such thing as karma. Just luck.

For example: recently, I've been helping some people out BIG time, and bad things happen as a result.

Been driving my friends (many of you!) home after clubbing alot, since I have a car and it sames them 10-20 buck cab ride. But last week, my car gets towed on Tues. for $200, and then gets broken into on Sat. and brand new car stereo stolen (along with my favorite cd and favorite hat!). Now I have to deal with police reports, insurnace companies, and getting it fixed...

To top it all off, I got pulled over by the cops after dropping Boa_boy home last night after watching the game at mine! Now I have to deal with MORE police, tickets, etc.

MORAL OF THE STORY: make sure you're getting something in return for your next good deed...chalking it up to "good karma" will probably come back to bite you in the ass.

Anyone else experience this kinda thing?

G'luck to all y'all.

hey dennis...

i know how you feel man...

you know i live just a couple miles from you(actually in a worse area)...my car also got broken into...

they smashed my passenger window...stole my cd wallet(14 cd's) and some loose cd's(3~4)...

i didn't use my car for two days that weekend so i don't even know what else happend to it since anybody could get in...

oh but wait man...

here's the best part...

my insurance covers breakin' only after i cover the first $500...

so they said "good luck charlie...but we ain't givin' you shit"...

mother f'ers...

anyway...

don't worry about it man...

just let it go...

i know it sucks...especially the first impact...it's like a bucket of cold water hittin' you in the face...

but it's only stuff man...

much worse shit could have happened...

just forget about it...

i know it's hard but do it man...

get it fixed, replaced and repaired...

and then just forget about it...

anyway...

just some advice to help you out man...

------------------

all.jpg

AIM: thefrenchbread

YIM: thefrenchbread