Clubplanet Nightlife Community

PS1 Roll Call for Saturday

Yeppers, me and Shuga made a pact we are making it to PS1 come hell, high water, or a hang over.... :) So I propose that we schedule a meet up for everyone going..... Don't actually know all of the paticulars of the place, so someone help me out here.

Oh and stacychase stopped off at the liquor store and picked up some banana rum, yummmmmerrrrsssss...... Someone bring a glass, please......

Yeah, it is Friday!!!!!

:D

Well you know i'm there. believe Mugz and his sexy bitch are coming. Transcend made some noise too.

Bringing a few friends too.

there was another thread like this a few days ago. i suggested at the bottom left of the huge steps leading into the building part of the place at 4:30 (just in case some people are late).

easiest way to get there from Grand Central is to take the 7 to the first stop in Queens (Jackson Ave / Vernon Blvd). Then just walk about 5 blocks up Jackson Ave (away from Manhattan). It on your left.

Attached is the only pic i've got around - a shitty one of a bespeckled and preposterously drunk and stoned me about to fall off a cable car...

I'm down.

But I'm not sure what the best time to get there would be?

I live in Astoria (not too far at all)

so I might get there earlier and just hang around at the dinner across the street and go check out some graph at phun factory down the road. (and perhaps indulge in the good Earth's erb)

the only place i can think of that i actually know the name of is the Shannon Pot, an Irish pub:

4506 Davis St.

Long Island City, NY 11101-4300

Phone: (718) 786-6992

it's a block or two from ps1

here is the citysearch.com link: http://newyork.citysearch.com/profile/7322633/

you can get a map & directions here.

they serve food, just regular pub grub ranging from $6 to $11 per entree. this is where stacychase & i will probably meet up before going into ps1 about 2 or 3 p.m. we haven't settled on a time yet.

i've been chatting a bit with peeps from the other boards and telling everyone to meet at the top of the stairs on the left as you face the building. someone else said the bottom of the stairs. most likely we'll end up in the middle! but i think the top is better because you can see out over the crowd from there!

definitely go early to avoid lines and to have some time to enjoy the exhibits.

And if any of you saw the line at Jaxx last weekend at summer stage expect similar.

Time Out printed an add..and there is maaad publicity about this one..

SO....

I sudgest you get there waaaay early.

I'll be there round noon!

In the Greesy Spoon Dinner next to the bridge of the #7Train rubbing Jenny's belly.

Last week the top of the stairs was sealed off for barbecueing and stuff...

i'll try to find you guys at the pubby place if i can motivate the my out of towners.

MUGZ - keep an eye on the line - i head it got pretty long around 5 - 6 last week.

last week they had brooklyn brewery on tap. $3 per. juice $2. water $1. you get tickets for this stuff when you're coming in so no money exchange for drinks once inside.

not sure if they let people bring their own or not. didn't really see a lot of that anyway....

they're pretty lenient. last year my friend walked right in with a jar of apple juice mixed with rum and we drank right out of the jar.

does that sound classy or what? (stacychase you know what i'm talking about!)

i've taken a bottle in before and had no problem.

however, i would suggest that we not go too crazy with the whole thing because we don't want to lose the privilege - like we have with certain other "underground" things in the city!

the benefit to byob is avoiding the lines!

Well last year I shoved a six pack of Heinies in my side bag (HOWS THAT FOR GETTO)

But I served it from my bag into the cups you get with the beer you buy.

HOWEVER...

I didn't get thrown out but one guy that worked there gave mea look like "C'mon man..what the F*@ck you doin?"

So I fealt guilty and never did it again.

I'd hate for a fun layed back vibe like that to get too strict..

So DEF play it cool.

(I'm hooking my alcohol IV in my arm and carrying my bag in my shorts instead! WOOHOO.)

Gonzo: Not really. I'm a cartoonist but I love to admire good work. Phun factories gort some of the best shit.