Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Europe Travel

is there a train that connects between England and mainland Europe underwater ? im planing on a trip to Europe alone soon and im planing to first arrive in England, spend couple of nights and then take a train to main Europe and visit several countries either by train or a car. i wanna visit, UK, Holland, Germany, Italy, France and if i have time Czech Republic and Poland Anyone has expereinced traveling to europe? if so please advise..

Holy shit entrepreneur!! My and some of my friends have the exact same thing in the planning right now...I thought you were one of them actually. Yeah, there's a train from England to France, it's supposed to be the fastest in Europe...I think it's cheaper than going from England to Belgium. PM me about your trip info...I need new idea for mine too. We're going next year tho...

Just came back from Europe, though not as many places as you're planning to go to.

Most car rental companies probably won't let you drive across country borders. Maybe it's different if you stay within the European Union.

The cost will probably add up too.

You might want to look into traveling by train. If you get a Europass (or a variant), you can get seriously discounted fares for each train ride (with the exception of the Eurostar ["Chunnel"] from London to Paris or Brussels). Overnight trains are also good for the longer trips. High-speed trains in Europe are quite good - names of such include Eurostar, TGV, Thalys. Check raileurope.com or eurorail.com

though the train is great because its so fast, i'd recommend taking the ferry. its pretty cool to leave the cliffs of Dover (they're chalk white) behind you and approach Calais from the channel. there is a train station there that will allow you to get anywhere you want to go. just be careful not to get there to late in the evening, my girlfriend and I got caught at a town about 20 miles south of Calais for a night waiting for a train to get us to where we were heading (we took our sweet ass time leaving London). though it was the Festival of Fish, which was pretty cool to see, rural France at its best.

to anyone thats going to be in Europe in August make a point to get to Geneva for its festival, 300,000 people partying all day and all night for 3 days, every kind of electronic music (and others) that you can imagine, carnival rides, food and tons of booze, set on a crystal clear lake surrounded by the Swiss Alps.

renting a car on your own will be pretty expensive (unless 4 people not a very good idea, remember gas is also 4x as expensive), your best bet as was mentioned above would be to get a EuroRail type pass, you can travel anywhere during a certain time period (there are some restrictions). they are also fairly reasonably priced. if your going to travel alone, travel with loose plans, stay in youth hostels, usually you'll meet people (i've met some incredible friends this way) that you can travel with, which makes it a lot more fun.

hope that helps a little if you have any questions PM me.

SD

I've been to Capri. Its one of the most beutiful places I've ever been to. We stayed at the Hotel Villa Krupa, or something like that. The room had a beautiful view but there was no AC and it was hot- i was there during the first week of August. There are two nightclubs in Capri- both upscale and very nice. Make sure you see the Blue Grotto and I suggest renting a little Zodiac boat and cruisng around the Island. If you are looking for a place to stay, I'm not sure what your budget is but there is a nice Best Western there that is reasonable. I stayed in a lot of best Westerns throughout Europe. They are usually $100-$150 a night, clean and air conditioned, which is a hard thing to find for a reasonable price. have fun.

I'm going to Capri from August 22-Sept 2.

I've never been before.....what should I expect?

Do people there dress casual for the most part of very dressed up...(at night going out).

What other suggestions do you have as far as things to do?

Thanks!:D

Overnight train from Paris to Rome. Got stuck in small cabin, me, me ole lady plus 4 dudes. Two 300LB Africans plus 2 Italians with nasty athletes foot. Advice, pay $$ for first class cabin. You will come back thanking me till the day you ide.

i went to europe in early june...if you are under 26, you can get youth fare on eurostar and most trains, and some airlines give you discounts, too (i didnt know this before). my london-brussels youthfare eurostar tickets were $79 a piece, plus shipping (depending on how much time you have between now and when you are leaving). London-paris is a shorter trip, so i doubt it should cost more. in EU you can get around pretty much everywhere by train without major passport hassle, and its fast and not expensive; however, if you are planning to take a lot of trips, look into various train passes...just to give you an idea, my tickets amsterdam-brussels were somewhere around $15 each (one way, second class), and the brussels-amsterdam tickets i bought in the US were $30, so if you dont buy the pass, you are better off buying your tickets in europe. the ferry from england to france takes a while, so if you are constricted on time eurostar is your best bet. PM me if you want more detailed info, numbers to call, etc. ~libby

thanks for all your replies, they were all very helpful. yes im planning to use the euro rail and i will probably stay at youth hostels if i go alone. im leaving in about 3 weeks. i will arrive in london and then take the train around europe and back to london.

good bye ny hello europe(and euro girls hehe, any tips on how to seduce euro girls)?

thanks