Clubplanet Nightlife Community

New York Vs Miami

nitro449

MmmIm from NYC...The clubs in FLA are alot homier like than some clubs in NYC...As for sound systems and light show ...hands down NYC...LimeLight (the old one) Club USA, Tunnel ( muahahha Freaky place ) Underground,,,,and of course bow down to Webster Hall.

Hmm, I like NYC, but I sorta grew into clubbing in miami so I'm biased. Photo friendly, NYC is not, Miami is so from my POV it's Miami.

Soldado, you obviously havent seen Level or Space's sound systems. Level may not bring in the best acts, but it is a technological marvel. Power does not always equate quality, those NYC clubs think they can stack a bunch of K2s to the roof and it's cool...Level's got a killer install of EAW Avalon series enclosures, all powered by a mix of QSC Powerlights and Crown Macrotechs...for lighting it's Martin Mac 250s, 300s, 500s, and 600NTs, along with some Martin Roboscan 918 Pros, and the requisite LWR Dataflashers. Don't get me started on the laser systems. In the capable hands of Todd the LT, it's a damn sight to behold, nevermind when David Padilla drags in his video techs to beef up an already superb visual experience :)

As much as I hate to keep this thread alive.. I have to agree with Pod... Level gets constantly put down when it is a world class specticle... maybe not always the best talent.. but the set up and environment CAN be out of this world. Plus I like the Pacha like shows... You can tell Gerry cut his teath in Ibiza.

I think NY is King of all Nightlife. Sound Factory, Twilo (rest in peace), Vinyl Exit, Centro Fly, Cheetah, Saci, Tunnel, Limelight, Spa, Float.......Then throw in the Hamptons and the Jersey Shore.

So many great DJ's here as well like Jonathan Peters, Junior Vasquez, and Danny Tenaglia, ......

Pod You DAMM RIGHT!!!

Perfect Word Selection "WEAK"

most deff Jersey shore and Hamptons are Wack..

Plus the muzik is totaly Wack..

You guys have it nice down there..everyone understand the muzik and the Scene..up here all jersey people are Wanna BE's..

all followers...it terrible the Scene here.. you guys would hate the scene in this area..

Being a dj and having played and frequented the scene in Miamii and NYC as well as the Jersey Shore, I give my blessing to Miami the versatility and talent, and the ladies are great, When it comes to cutting edge music and dj/producers I have to give it to NYC, The Jersey Shore is a fun place in the summer and a nice break from the NYC scene but by August most people are bored with it. The best crowds are in NYC from a djs perspective but the nicest crowds are in Miami, I've actually never seen a fight break out in a Miami club- on the Jersey Shore there isn't a day or night with out one! I can't wait to come back to Miami in Sept!!!

The Events on Memorial Day were the exception rather than the rule, and as much as I love hip hop, generally those are when the fights break out in Miami, they did have that one incident at a Hip Hop Party at Level with a cop being hurt very bad with a champagne bottle, I think both incidents were wake up calls for the hip hop community and the clubs, I don't think we will see this again, I certainly hope not.