Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Do people who go to Exit actually like the music?

bluled

I have only once been to Exit, and that was for a rave. I have to say I am very impresed with the architecture and size. But here is why the club sucks.

Dress code=not to say that people should dress in rags, but how antithetical to dance music culture is it to restrict people to wearing uncomfortable shoes?

Crowd=while I may be able to get along with an exit head individually, as a group people who go to exit seem to be interested in going to the club to show off their money, get drunk, try to sleaze up the oposite sex, and completely ignore the music (which may be a good thing in exit)

Music=I have been into dance music for a few years and partying for as long. There is no way you can tell me Danny Tsettos and the DJ crew at exit are anything more than mainstream cheeseballs. Do you guys actually prefer them to DJ's like Roger Sanchez, Halo, Hippe, Danny Howells,DANNY TENAGLIA?

Face it, although many heads at Twilo were snobby sob's, the club, sound system, and especially djs made that club the apex of dance music in America while exit will remain a guido club whose Dj's will never be taken seriously by the dance music community.

ummm...what are u talking about??? 1st...it's denny tsettos...not danny. 2nd...he doesn't spin at exit so nice try. the music there does suck though!! and as for the dress code ...from what i hear they are not that strict??? ...anyways~~here we go...again....everyone list all the reasons exit sucks...lol!!!

Dress code = I get away with black loafers...comfy and classy.

Crowd= sadly I agree...but im different honest. I go to make a fool of myself ....sweat till im dead...and just let everything go.

Music= Fridays I hit up the Red Room...a bit harder trance/house tunes....i cant stand the main floor on fridays...gah

and yeah....basicly Exit was good....but they suck ass now.

Overdone in all aspects.

:flame:

"Know your boundries...then destroy them utterly."

Originally posted by gothzane

Dress code = I get away with black loafers...comfy and classy.

Crowd= sadly I agree...but im different honest. I go to make a fool of myself ....sweat till im dead...and just let everything go.

Music= Fridays I hit up the Red Room...a bit harder trance/house tunes....i cant stand the main floor on fridays...gah

and yeah....basicly Exit was good....but they suck ass now.

Overdone in all aspects.

:flame:

"Know your boundries...then destroy them utterly."

do u still go?

I want to exit EXIT everytime I go. Too many newbies and punks there. Jumpin around like fools, getting Fucked up. NOt my kinda place, but cheers to you if you can stand it there! Gotta love this guy though with 3 Fukin posts and thinkin he knows everything! Denny not Danny! What an idiot.

Exit really sucks; but hey.. i admitted; i've gone back before to the club by the fact that a couple of heads like that club.. so i dont mind in terms of adjusting n having fun... the main room suck though w/ the music.. i'll rather be on the 3rd floor, red room and of course the vibe lounge gettin my groove on n still have a good nite

tranquilo quieto

I am really not trying to aggrivate anyone with the following, but really, what makes you knowledgeable about something, actually experiencing it or posting on a board? So while I may have few posts to this board, I know what I am talking about.

I hope you can let the misspell slide, I think it was a very small mistake--but it is true that I don't really follow the guy so I didn't really get his name ingrained in my head.

And he has spun numerous times at Exit. This is for certain.

Originally posted by bluled

I am really not trying to aggrivate anyone with the following, but really, what makes you knowledgeable about something, actually experiencing it or posting on a board? So while I may have few posts to this board, I know what I am talking about.

I hope you can let the misspell slide, I think it was a very small mistake--but it is true that I don't really follow the guy so I didn't really get his name ingrained in my head.

And he has spun numerous times at Exit. This is for certain.

yea he did USE to spin there every saturday.....not any time recently.......but whatever....if u r talking about the days when he was there then u need to know that it is completely different...musically at least. don't worry.. not holding any spelling mistakes against u though!! lol ;)

Originally posted by bluled

I have only once been to Exit, and that was for a rave. I have to say I am very impresed with the architecture and size. But here is why the club sucks.

Dress code=not to say that people should dress in rags, but how antithetical to dance music culture is it to restrict people to wearing uncomfortable shoes?

Crowd=while I may be able to get along with an exit head individually, as a group people who go to exit seem to be interested in going to the club to show off their money, get drunk, try to sleaze up the oposite sex, and completely ignore the music (which may be a good thing in exit)

Music=I have been into dance music for a few years and partying for as long. There is no way you can tell me Danny Tsettos and the DJ crew at exit are anything more than mainstream cheeseballs. Do you guys actually prefer them to DJ's like Roger Sanchez, Halo, Hippe, Danny Howells,DANNY TENAGLIA?

Face it, although many heads at Twilo were snobby sob's, the club, sound system, and especially djs made that club the apex of dance music in America while exit will remain a guido club whose Dj's will never be taken seriously by the dance music community.

dress code: i know you are suppose to dress up, but then how come there are sooooooo many people in there with ufos???

crowd: THAT CROWD & ATMOSPHERE is why exit is a hot place to be. when you look across the dancefloor and see EVERYone dancing, thats such a great feeling. (well, for me anyway). I have met some very cool lasting-friends at exit.

music: hmmmm, this is debatable. I am starting to notice how drapers mixing isn't all that great. but bottom line is, it keeps me dancing. and the system is also not the best.....but again, people are still dancing.

no one is comparing exit to twilo.

just saying that i have alot of fun at exit.

maybe those who say it sucks, should not go.

no loss there, right?:tongue:

I am very impressed with all the exit goers that have responded to this, you guys do not seem like the lunkhead musically clueless crowd I originally expected. Here's the thing though, sometimes when you really get into something you loose some general acceptance as you narow what you like best. For me, I have listened to really great Dj's enough times to be a little fickle about who I go to see. I wish I could just go anywhere and have a good time, but I know if I went to exit I would just be critical of the DJ's all night because I know so many DJ's who could do a better job. When a DJ spins at a big club and sounds bad, it just make me think that he got there by some conection, not because of talent.

So as you tell me, exit has changed?

no more shoes only policy?

Who are the friday and saturday main room DJs?

Do they get any international talent?

I have been keeping an eye on the place, but they never seem to get any DJs that I would say are very talented.

I'm sure you guyz all have fun--I'm the picky one. Unfortunately, there are so many who are so snobby that they ignore the music as well. All they know is who's trendy. This is much worse than knowing nothing and having fun.

The place used to be off the freaking meter and hopefully it will be sometime soon. A club of that magnitude and size should never lack DJ talent period. Maybe the owner is just a tight ass and soes not want to spend the money on bringing in some serious talent?

• 2 weeks later...

:blown:

FIRST OF ALL, EXIT IS THE BEST PLACE TO BE.

I NEVER HAD A PROBLEM WITH THE DRESS CODE, IF YOU DID, THE BOUNCERS OBVIOUSLY DON'T WANT YOU IN THERE. I SEE MAD PEEPS IN THERE WITH JEANS AND UFO'S ALONG WITH SNEAKER AND ALL. IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THAT, GO ON A FRIDAY, SINCE IT'S 18 AND OVER, THEY'RE NOT THAT STRICT.

IN MY OPINION, THE MUSIC IN THERE IS OFF THE HOOK. I USED TO GO EVERY FRIDAY AND SATURDAY LAST YEAR. I LOVED THE MUSIC EVERYTIME. I TRIED TWILO AND OTHER CLUBS, BUT THE MUSIC WASN'T AS INTENSE. I GUESS THAT'S UP TO PERSONAL TASTE, SURE IT'S NOT COMPARABLE TO SASHA OR PVD, BUT TO ME, I LIKE THE HEAVIER BEAT SHIT.

THE ATMOSPHERE IS GREAT AND COMFORTABLE. I ADMIT IT DOES GET REAL CROWDED THERE AT TIMES, BUT THE PEOPLE THERE ARE REAL FRIENDLY. ALTHOUGH I THINK THERE ARE TOO MANY ASIANS THERE, DON'T GET ME WRONG, I'M ASIAN.

SINCE TWILO CLOSED DOWN, I'M SURE SOME OF THE DJ'S THAT SPIN THERE WILL BE AT EXIT. LAST WEEK THEY HAD JR VASQUEZ AND THE PRICE WAS JACKED UP TO 60 FOR ADMISSION. SO, MY SUGGESTION IS TO GIVE IT ANOTHER TRY......PLUS I HEARD SASHA MIGHT SPIN AT EXIT OR TWIRL IN SEPTEMBER......

Exit exit Exit ...

Well a huge club thats a + for Exit

THE MUSIC omg .. it SUCKS big time .. i cant stand the music there . it gives me a head fuck .. TONY GAY DRAPPER doesnt have any taste in music .. plays HARD HARD TECHNO .. and then he stops the music 1000000000000000000 times in one night ...

I really dont know why that shit place gets so crowded .. i have been there few times but always been in the VIP lounge cause my friend spins there .. so its alot decent there ..

BUT EXIT SHOULD REPLACE THE DJ's

Msg for EXIT OWNER

*Stop Earing profit every week and Pls get some talent this can be a huge popular place if you Bring some fuckin talent to the club*

Bye