Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Summer Anthem 2001? Is there one?

In 1999 it was probably "My love is your love", and 2000 it was probably "I Turn to you".

And remember I said summer anthems- the one song played in many different venues and eventually the radio-so music elitists don't get you panties in a bunch. And you "zombie nation" fanatics, this was a winter song.

What do you think this summers song has been?

I don't think there's been just one kick ass summer anthem. I'd say some of the contenders would be:

1) To be Able To Love - Jessica Folker

2) Come One - Faithless

3) Standing Still - Aubrey

If I had to pick one of the 3, I'd pick Jessica Folker just b/c it's always played at every shore bar/hamptons bar and is in the process of being beaten to death on the radio..

My .02

:bounce:

Originally posted by bionic

I don't think there's been just one kick ass summer anthem. I'd say some of the contenders would be:

1) To be Able To Love - Jessica Folker

2) Come One - Faithless

3) Standing Still - Aubrey

If I had to pick one of the 3, I'd pick Jessica Folker just b/c it's always played at every shore bar/hamptons bar and is in the process of being beaten to death on the radio..

My .02

:bounce:

...don't you hate the way the radio just kills a song? The minute KTU gets hold of anything it is immediately DONE...

Originally posted by night-train

what do YOU think its been then?

Like I said, I have not been clubbin' hard this summer, hence my question.

But based on my limited experience, I would say "Standing Still" or the Bongo Song

Originally posted by drama

...don't you hate the way the radio just kills a song? The minute KTU gets hold of anything it is immediately DONE...

I hear ya!! I really don't listen to the radio that much, but whenever I hear a song that I was only used to hearing in clubs, beaten like a red headed step child with a limp on the radio, it drives me nuts. :mad:

KTU is definately the biggest culprit.

Good call on Delerium....

I guess the bottom line is there has not been a song like in 1999 and 2000 that had a grip on clubland and eventually mainstream.

Funny too that this week's Billboard Top 25 has Sandstorm listed at #16. I first heard that I believe 1 1/2 years ago

Originally posted by igloo

92 views and only 9 responses on this thread...

What a shitty post on my part...hehe

don't get down on yourself igloo - shit, talk about no responses - this place used to be my home and now I don't know anyone I post something and it's literally ignored!!!!:blank:

OH WELL!

your doing better than me!

Originally posted by exodust

don't get down on yourself igloo - shit, talk about no responses - this place used to be my home and now I don't know anyone I post something and it's literally ignored!!!!:blank:

OH WELL!

your doing better than me!

I hear ya. It seems the reply- to -view ratio is out of whack.

Have to agree that there really isnt a song like the ones we have had in years past, but on an interesting note. I heard "My Love Is Your Love" today on the way to lunch for the first time since it was big, and it really bugged me out. The song is good; but I love when you hear a song, and it just brings you back to remember an awesome night, or in that case, an awesome summer. I busted out the old CD's and listened to it again as soon as I got home.

Originally posted by mrblonde55

Have to agree that there really isnt a song like the ones we have had in years past, but on an interesting note. I heard "My Love Is Your Love" today on the way to lunch for the first time since it was big, and it really bugged me out. The song is good; but I love when you hear a song, and it just brings you back to remember an awesome night, or in that case, an awesome summer. I busted out the old CD's and listened to it again as soon as I got home.

OMGGG I so know what u mean!!!

I heard My Love is Your Love the other nite too and it just brought back tons of memories for me that I wish I could re-live again.

The bad part is that I'd listen to the song to but don't know where it is fuckkk!!!!

romy20