Clubplanet Nightlife Community

draper spinning

knxtc

lol thats why draper is draper, lolllllllllll hes got sik tables in there and i watch him spin hes good, i know he used to spin hiphop so im sure he can rip shit up, but i think he spins more cds cause its easier, i think he gets bored up there, reason why he fuckin sucks usually past like 4:30-5, and theres to many assholes in the booth, let the guy spinnn

Originally posted by realz

obviously, somebody likes "FREE" music.........

now theres a man who knows the answer..

draper doesn't get unrealsed shit unless he's stealing mp3's like the rest of the whores out there..

and its not true that all unrealeased stuff is on cd.. thats what he'd like everything to think, but the fact is he's just using mixed cd's.. promo copies are made for tracks and do come out on vinyl..

i'm also curious as to what unreleased stuff *he* has? maybe someone can name a dj/producer/remixer that is gonna give tony draper advanced copies of tracks...

i wouldnt' be surprised if draper had a huge audiogalaxy account, and napster when it was up, and is getting a ton of his music that way...

I havent been to exit in like a month an a half, but when i did go then, most of the night it was records, and in case some of you dont know, when he does spin records, around 3-4 am, and he`s on, you cant touch him, but those nights are seldom now i guess

I HAVENT SEEN GLADIATOR OR TARATNELLA SITTING ON STORE SHELVES LATELY

BUT SERIUOSLY IN QUITE A FEWE CASES CD'S AND MP3'S ARE MUCH EASIER TO OBTAIN

TAKE RAREWERKS FOR EXAMPLE. ITS A COLLECTION OF REMIXES FROM ASTRALWERKS OF WHICH MANY WERE UNRELEASED

THE ONLY WAY TO GET THE VINYL VERSIONS WAS TO WIN A CONTEST FROM VIRGIN

ANOTHER EXAMPLE WOULD BE JAN JOHNSTON'S FLESH

IT FIRST APPEARED ON OAKIE'S ANOTHER WORLD DISC IN THE FALL OF LAST YEAR, AND WASNT AVAILABLE ON VINYL UNTIL THE SPRING

Not to mention, pitch blending/mixing is a lot easier on the dennons......... but more FUN :]

FREE MUSIC = LESS MONEY SPENT ON VINYL

VINYL = BETTER MUSIC

I think anybody that spins at Exit is a CD-J dj... Junior will change this. Even BORIS spins all CD's.

I am not hating , I think Draper is amazing . In fact I go to Exit every Friday since the start with George Acosta on that one Friday night [CRAZY MUSIC].....(being a promoter is tiresome) & enjoy the music but it tends to get annoying.. you guys will all see, maybe ina year or so. Progressive house, is the shit..

Although he surprises me every week, he is nowhere to compare to my fav., John Digweed >:]

I am not hating , I think Draper is amazing . In fact I go to Exit every Friday since the start with George Acosta on that one Friday night [CRAZY MUSIC].....(being a promoter is tiresome) & enjoy the music but it tends to get annoying.. you guys will all see, maybe ina year or so. Progressive house, is the shit..

Although he surprises me every week, he is nowhere to compare to my fav., John Digweed >:]

digweed or pvd ? :)

lol i remember the day we were screaming, bring more trance!!!

I don't think it matters whether a DJ spins vinyl or CDs, as long as his mixing and programming skills are on point. I feel that the music itself is what's important, not the format of the music. Danny Tenaglia says over 50% of his night at Vinyl consists of music played from CDs, and when he travels, that number is closer to 75%.

uhhh.... never in my life have i ever seen danny touch a cd-j. except when he plays exclusive shit.

where have you been? any respected DJ would be a VINYL JUNKIE....

..Umm how many times have you actually SEEN Danny spin inside the booth? Incase you didnt know, Danny likes to edit tracks, infact he does it often.. When he edits a track he burns it to cd (Why spend the $60+ to transfer it to acetate?) ..I've seen Danny leaving Vinyl many times and he has a few cd books with him..:blank:

..Cds, vinyl, whatever.. As long as you have the sound quality does it really matter? Of course you wont get as much bass from a cd as you do vinyl, but if the track is ripped correctly it's hard to tell the difference