Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Ibizia

Your description is correct. But, even if I where to tell you what Ibiza is like, you have to see it for yourself.

This place is incredible the island, the beaches, the people, the food, the music. It's like no place on earth.

You have to go at least once in your life.

Good Luck!

agreed. ibiza is HEAVEN on earth.

you can hear all of the stories and legends and rumors but you won't know until you get there.

our schedule in ibiza:

wake up at 7pm on salinas (the beach)

watcb the sunset at cafe del mar or one of the other sunset cafes

head into town around 11pm to have breakfast (paella and red bull) and buy tix for parties

club until 7 (my faves: amnesia, pacha, eden. also went to privilege but i got there too late)

go to space or dc-10 for afterhours

rob

Originally posted by dialectics

agreed. ibiza is HEAVEN on earth.

you can hear all of the stories and legends and rumors but you won't know until you get there.

our schedule in ibiza:

watcb the sunset at cafe del mar or one of the other sunset cafes

head into town around 11pm to have breakfast (paella and red bull) and buy tix for parties

club until 7 (my faves: amnesia, pacha, eden. also went to privilege but i got there too late)

go to space or dc-10 for afterhours

rob

good schedule!!

i'd only change one thing. Forget cafe del mar and go to bora-bora -- have some sangria for breakfast and start dancing (but remenber to save some energy, you still have a long night and day..)

Originally posted by panchodeejay

good schedule!!

i'd only change one thing. Forget cafe del mar and go to bora-bora -- have some sangria for breakfast and start dancing (but remenber to save some energy, you still have a long night and day..)

haha that will give me something to do next time :P

rob

• 3 weeks later...

You have never heard of Ibiza. I wonder what planet you live on. Well anyways as for my advice I will give you my truthful opinion. In Ibiza as well as everywhere else in the world American's are not liked and not welcomed. Ibiza is a place for Europeans so please stop asking questions about it before some more of your stupid comrades start taking an interest to it.

Not exactly, I have friends from Miami, DC, New York, New Jersey, California that have gone to Ibiza and love it. One thing that I like about Ibiza is that they don't give a S@#T of where you come from, people go there for one reason, to have fun and party. What makes ibiza special is the different nationality of people that visit there every year. When I was there last month, I met people from Poland, Germany, Spain, France, Argentinia, US, UK, Russia, and others.

Just got back!!

One word.

WoW.

Schedule was like this...

Sundays Space 10A to 1PM , salinas til 6, shower & channge then back to Space at 8p to 5a.

Monday is priveledge (manumism) go 2a to 8a, then hit the patio till noon......then go to space.

Weds is Pacha 2a to 5a, then off to Amnesia 5:30a to 9a.

Thurs.....Day of Rest and Beach(s). You deserve it.

But, if you have the energy (like me) I was off to Amnesia (Cream) from 3a to 8a.

Fri. is Pacha (ministry) til 8a

Sat. is a quiet nite in Ibiza...I did Pacha til 4, then to Amnesia.

Went last month. LOVED it. I've been all over the west coast [of US] from San Diego to Seattle to Vegas to DC, been to Paris, Iceland, Amsterdam, Belgium, Mallorca...but NOTHING tops Ibiza. Nothing comes close!

Some quick tips for Ibiza newbies (as I was). Being there two weeks partying everyday I learned alot;

Don't get a villa unless you are traveling with alot of people (or have to), hotel rooms are way cheaper. My villa was 24,000 pesetas/day, I later moved into Hotel Mallorca in San Antonio (which was clean and convenient, but loud Brits singing soccer songs) which costs 5,000 pesetas/day.

Never pay full price for tickets. Always find the workers (with the flyers, they are the coolest people on island) for a discount. I always got mine on the strip in the area around Bar M and Ithaca (San An).

You might want to rent a car, had a few 1hour+ wait for cab outside club before I caved in and rented one.

The Foam party at Eden was dead when I went. Go to the one at Amnesia.

Most people there say "Disco" instead of "club." Cab driver told me "club" means whorehouse.

Blue Rose was kinda lame compared to US stripclubs (at least in LA and Vegas)

I never made it there, but I heard Salinas beach and DC-10 were "tha bomb."

Definate go-to's; Water Party at Bora Bora Beach, Ministry of Sound at Pacha, Sundays at Space(!!!), Manumission, Tuesday morning Manumission Carry-on at Space. Oh yeah, I think I started levitating during Tiesto's set at God's Kitchen @Amnesia.

Hey mikethehammer, they use pesetas in Ibiza. A good way to calculate it is to remove two zeros, then cut the number in half. For instance, a ticket to Pacha costs about 8000 pesetas after discount. So that would be;

8000 [-00]

80 [/2]

$40 (roughly)

Yeah it's hella expensive, (MTV Fest was like 15000 pesetas!). I would recommend getting buzzed before you go in a club, a bottle of Bacardi in the store costs almost the same as 2 drinks.

I was planning a trip to the lovely island next June...but now with everything that has happened...I am a little hesitant. Still looking into things...but you never know what is going to be going on in our country by next June. I was really looking forward to my first trip to Ibiza but it may be on hold for now.

hey crownroyal thanks alot man. that helps alot,

also can you take a dirrect flight to ibiza, if not whats the best place to stop before the flight to ibiza.

roxxy0131, i know that what happened is freaky as hell but you cant live in fear from this fucker. and look at me i never flew in my live. but u gotta do what you gotta do.

just came back from 27 days there!!!!!!!!!!!!!

advice: Stay in Playa D'Embossa - 12-15 min walk to Space & Bora Bora and the same to Ibizatown....right in the middle. We stayed at an AMAZING hotel (for the price - 2 star but a lot better than you would expect) - a huge room w/ hugeee balcony, amazing view, kitchen, etc for $45.00 a night. Its called Central Playa on Carrer de Galicia. They were very cool and it was a perfect location. Just be sure to ask for a STUDI0 for 2-3 ppl, the double rooms are the teeny ones.

Also, try to add another week or more. We went for 25 nights (had to add another due to the attacks) and it was perfect - we were able to take a few days off and just relax every time we got burnt out. You dont feel like you have to cram everything in, as you would if you go for a week or even 10 days. There are 58 beaches, 10 large clubs, 1000 restaurants and bars, and a dozen places to drive/visit around the island....and the heat and drinking/drugs does wear you out. I would say 2 weeks is a perfect amt of time (think about it, the plane ticket is about $8-900 regardless of how long u go) and the hotels/food are soooooo cheap......not really that much more to add another week. Def go in Sept....anytime after the 1st up until the Space Closing (although after the 22nd the town was DEAD!)

Anyone have any questions feel free to email me :) Im still recuperating and reflecting, its crazy , you get SO wrapped up in that lifestyle and so relaxed then you come back to ny.....and its like.....whattttt? lol.....

Rene

MissDiva19@aol.com

27 Days! Whoa. What was your favorite disco if you had to choose one? Did you rent a car? I'm planning my first trip next June probably for 10 days...but now that you said it, maybe 2 weeks! Did you visit the caves? Tell me more. I am so excited to go there next year that I just can't get enough information and stories. Did you go through an agent to book or do it yourself. I will probably check into both.

Originally posted by myventure

Your description is correct. But, even if I where to tell you what Ibiza is like, you have to see it for yourself.

This place is incredible the island, the beaches, the people, the food, the music. It's like no place on earth.

You have to go at least once in your life.

Good Luck!

Thats Right! You won't beleive us even if we told you.

You just have to go and see for yourself.

jm

Try to go at the end of june-beginning of july. It's a great time to go, prices for clubs are not too expensive and its not overcrowded. Book with an agent that has experience in ibiza. The prices are usually lower and they provide services that you can't get by booking yourself.

http://www.experienceibiza.com is a good choice. they have cheap prices and provide a customized guide for your trip, including many bonuses such as discounted/free tickets, discount car rentals, etc... They also arrange for someone to pick you up from the airport and drive you to your hotel. All of these small things add up, and wind up saving you $$$.

Stay in playa de'en bossa. it's close to space, borra borra, and ibiza town. Make sure to visit Privilege, it is the best club in ibiza. I don't know why everyone thinks so highly of space. Privilege is by far a much much better club. It is HUGE. Manumission on Monday is AMAZING. I heard Carl Cox and Dave Seaman spin and was simply blown away. Rennasiance on Thursdays is also worth a look.

-j.

Bigger doesn't always =better. I recommend to go in september for the closing parties. There are hardly any americans any other times, quite a bit of a culture shock especically for those who don't speak spanish or italian. Manumission is a spectacle, a circus...the music was horrible. Space is SICK! has the best system on the island.