Clubplanet Nightlife Community

what songs/cd's do you listen to when your upset?

well im a little upset right now and for some reason i keep playing the song best of whats around by dmb. not quite sure why. i usually play hows it gonna be by 3eb or bed of roses by bon jovi. thats if i am in a really depressed mood and know im not getting out of it for a little while.

or if i want to get out of my bad mood ill play anything by coro or george lamond (or any freestyle for that matter) or this really good house mix that someone made for me.

Originally posted by heretic909

When I'm really pissed off, I crank up Slayer's "Chemical Warfare" and start breaking things. It's a wonderful remedy for my mood.

im with ya bro. nuttin better then a little slayer to cheer ya up.

when i'm upset or depressed i ususally listen to deep trance. it mellows me out, and helps me to cry if i need to. i dunno trance moves me. ;)

to name a few here are some i listen to:

1. dj nick - space vibrations (club mix)

2. dj tiesto - urban train (original mix)

3. dj spoke vs. vespa 63 - angel strings

4. eddie garrero - into space

the most depressing album ever has got to be george michael's "older"...but thats for the kind of depression when you dont want it to get better

as far as bon jovi, try "destination anywhere" (the whole cd). its diff. from the band's recordings, and also is a lot sadder

and of course, pink floyd works =)

btw, PFloyd40 , "floyd" seems to be your answer to all musical questions =)

I know when I am angry or mad, I listen to Linkin Park, great cd, or when I am upset or depressed, I can always count on DMB to get me through it, something about his words just make me think about so much you know, like for example, I can't even remember the title of the song right now, but he said " I am who I am, but who am I?" wow, that's all I can say....

-Scotty-

When im upset...which is...sadly most of the time

but when im just draggen

I play some Slipknot *SiC*

I have these really fucking sweet pc speakers.

Altec Lansing Dobly digital lucasfilm surroundsound jobs

with a woffer bigger them my friggen tower.

*drools*

So I crank it.

and spin in circles on my office chair just swinging

my arms about like a madman.

*Cackle*

cheers me up everytime

:flame:

"So I see...your shwartz is as big as mine!"

"Yogert!....I hate Yogert! Even with strawberries!"

"Im surrounded by assholes!"

"Barf!" "Not in here mister this is a mercedies."

"Oh great...a jewish princess."

"Smoke em if you got em..."

~ Space Balls

Originally posted by scottyskribz57

I know when I am angry or mad, I listen to Linkin Park, great cd, or when I am upset or depressed, I can always count on DMB to get me through it, something about his words just make me think about so much you know, like for example, I can't even remember the title of the song right now, but he said " I am who I am, but who am I?" wow, that's all I can say....

-Scotty-

That song you are referring to is "Dancing Nancies" from their "Under the Table and Dreaming" CD. I find it interesting that DMB is what some of you listen to when you are depressed. DMB is my favorite band and it is what I listen to when I am happy! Wow, I guess everyone differs. Interesting.

Anyway, when I am sad I listen to anything by Chicago, Air Supply, Eagles, Oasis, Phil Collins, basically I can turn on 106.7 and cry my eyes out!!

General malaise or hurt/regret, I highly recommend The Cardigans -Grand Turismo- a very smooth ride down the dark side of the emotional spectrum.

FOr deep inner pain of undetermined causes or wallowing in depression, I stand by Tricky's Pre-Millenium Tension, with special emphasis on track 5- She Makes Me Wanna Die (try on repeat for a while). Makes the aching so strong it feels good.

Depends on what kind of upset I am. If I'm sad and just want to wallow for awhile, it'll be something like Dido, or Sarah Chang's "Sweet Sorrow", or all of Jim Croce's slow songs...stuff like that. If I'm pissed off, it'll be what I term "fuck you" music - Godsmack, Filter, Rage Against the Machine, etc.

If I'm depressed I listen to Fiona Apple "Tidal" and belt away my blues.

If I'm pissed off I listen to NIN- particularly the song "Becoming"-

"All pain disappears/ It's the nature of/ Of my circuitry/ Drowns out all I hear/ no escape from this/ my new consciousness/ the me that you know/ he used to have feelings/ but the blood has stopped pumping and he is left to decay/ the me that you know/ is know made up of wires/ and even when I'm right with you/ I'm so far away"

I think it all depends on the type of mood you're in. Whether it be because of a broken heart, I would put on some Maxwell, and let his voice soothe me. If I felt down, I would let Pearl Jam just play away........Music hits in different moods and diffferent zones....That's the beauty of it.....

;)