Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Domenick Capello @ Exit Whiteroom

realz

Exit Nightclub

w.56th street

btwn 11th & 12th ave.

AUGUST 24TH 2001

F R I D A Y

A Realz N Menace Exclusive V.I.P. party.

WHITE ROOM

HOUSE MUSIC IN THE WHITEROOM BY DJ / PRODUCER / REMIXER

DOMENICK CAPELLO

Dress to impress / Gentlemen with ladies please

GET YOUR PRESOLD TICKETS!

THIS EVENT WILL BE THROUGH TICKET SALES

-NO WAIT ON LINE-

-GUARANTEED ADMISSION-

-$25 PER TICKET-

deals can be worked out for large groups

-RECIEVE A VIP CARD FOR THE WHITE ROOM-

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im working out something with DOM , Im trying to get Mad people to go SO its in the works, Maybe ill finally Meet you HArry , If i havent already Bugged You out with My Lights ROFLMAO

Ohh Btw i Heard SOme KId Died last friday , ( moment Of Silence )

But then i had a Fucked Up side of me say ( i wonder If i BUgged Him out with my Ravens or not ) So for that reason I feel that i have Become a Bad person , and im NOt gonna Take Any more E Forever, Ill have fun BY Drinking MY asss Off :) :)

See you all there on friday

Just a question for the promoters of this party...

How can you bill a rookie DJ like Dominick Capello as a DJ/PRODUCER/REMIXER on your flyers? In my opinion, you are not a producer until you sell a track to a label. Any kid with a computer can make some semblance of a song to play at his set. Getting a track signed and getting paid for it is a different story. And as for being a remixer, how many remixes has he been comissioned to do? None. Exactly. So no one could argue that he's a remixer. Being contacted by Arista to do a remix of an existing song is a lot different than finding some accapella on napster and screwing around with it.

This kind of billing is what gives this kid his obnoxious, over confident attitude and lack of respect...

If you can answer my questions logically, I'm all ears... but, Dominick Capello is not yet a DJ/REMIXER/PRODUCER... that should be reserved for Johnny Vicious, Razor, etc...

A few good points but.....

Domenick HAS done a remix "STAND BY ME" great track btw.

His tracks that he "produced" has been getting mainfloor play @ Exit every week. (Fantasy)

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion so. :]

Originally posted by hard_house

Just a question for the promoters of this party...

How can you bill a rookie DJ like Dominick Capello as a DJ/PRODUCER/REMIXER on your flyers? In my opinion, you are not a producer until you sell a track to a label. Any kid with a computer can make some semblance of a song to play at his set. Getting a track signed and getting paid for it is a different story. And as for being a remixer, how many remixes has he been comissioned to do? None. Exactly. So no one could argue that he's a remixer. Being contacted by Arista to do a remix of an existing song is a lot different than finding some accapella on napster and screwing around with it.

This kind of billing is what gives this kid his obnoxious, over confident attitude and lack of respect...

If you can answer my questions logically, I'm all ears... but, Dominick Capello is not yet a DJ/REMIXER/PRODUCER... that should be reserved for Johnny Vicious, Razor, etc...

um...right

just wondering..what remixing/producing/djing have you done?

Originally posted by realz

A few good points but.....

Domenick HAS done a remix "STAND BY ME" great track btw.

His tracks that he "produced" has been getting mainfloor play @ Exit every week. (Fantasy)

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion so. :]

Im glad we can talk about this as adults... at least you're open... Im not disputing the fact that Dom made a remix of a song. Everyone has done that though. That does not make him a "Remixer." I gaurantee you that no DJ who's been spinning for a year or so has ever been paid for or comissioned to do any real remix for a label. And there is a huge difference between bringing a track to a friend to play at Exit (Draper) and selling one to a label...

As for the person who asked where I DJ or what I produce, I don't do either. Nor do I claim that I am a DJ/Remixer/Producer. I am merely a music lover who has been around for a while and is friends with a lot of "big shots" in the industry that this kid has really pissed off with his attitude...

Rythm Ready is good and presents a good feeling (to me) when played but it is definitley not a very good production. Opinion is opinion and that's mine. I used to be a draper fan and i still like capello to a certain extent but your ear gets trained when you listen to a variety of D.j.s and different songs. Capello plays to much commercial "in your face" tracks as does draper. I go for more sophistication in my music...thus i am a jonathon peters fan. Plays great tracks but .....that doesnt' mean i like his productions(or jim heinz's production). So my point is here is that you can't dispute the fact that i dont want to here rythm ready, I was using that as an example of one of the tracks capello would play.

first.. thanks for the support and the criticism.. a quick question .. after a producer comes out with his first song and its a hit.. do u still consider him a "rookie"? you guys use this term loosely like you can measure the capablities of a producer on a scale or judge him by as many songs he made. What if a producer that made 25 songs never made it big.. and a producer that made one song is on the top 10.. which is the rookie?

next.. whoever compares me to johnny has to be a serious mental case.. how do u compare me with a world class dj and producer. Also, what is "sophisticated" music? u think a song like rythym ready isnt sophisticated because it uses the popular ny style synth and is 145 bpm and hard? lets take another example .. plasmic honey which you all consider "cheese".. those boys have more remixes under their belts than you have hair on your head.. between catchy keylines to expert arrangements.. those guys definately left their mark in the history of progressive house music .. let me tell u something guy.. when a producer can blend 8 different sounds to sound like one really good one.. that is fuckin sophistication.. not when you have a kick , bassline and a stab coming in and out. Let it be known now.. just because you may download every song on earth and stand in soundfactory id'ing tracks all nite does not make you an expert on music. Leave the expert opinions up to people in the music buisness signing the tracks.

last - i may be new to the world of producing electronic music but dont say that i am not a true musician playing the drums for 15 years or teaching myself the piano. unless you are a producer yourself and im not talking about guys who make songs on reason or fruityloops (im talking about musicians who invest the time and money and aggrivation on real studio equipment)... DO NOT in any way shape or form put down ANY producer whomever he/she is whether it be me- tony draper - jonathan peters or anyone else you can think of.

LEAVE THE BULLSHIT ON THE TIPS OF YOUR FINGERS BEFORE YOU TYPE IT ONTO THE KEYBOARD BECAUSE WE DO NOT WANT TO READ IT. IF YOU DO NOT HAVE ANYTHING NICE TO SAY DONT SAY IT AT ALL.

- DOMENICK CAPELLO