Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Oxycontin

Its too bad that too many people have been using Oxycontin as a "leisure" drug because a good quality up and coming Pharmaceutical company, Purdue Pharma, is on the spot with the FDA, as a result of people's negligence. This drug is an analgesic to allieviate people from extreme pain. It definitely should not be used for the hell of it. I really hope that this company doesn't lose credibility with the FDA, as well as the doctors since they produce many other quality hospital products.

My father has cancer and he takes it for his pain because he doesn't want to go to the hospital for treatment, he gives himself shots at home.....but seriously....on doses of that stuff he has done things he doesn't remember doing, etc......don't fool with it...please...I love you alll it's for those who are in serious pain.....concentrate on the music don't use pain medication...

Originally posted by ecstatichigh35

yo that shit is so good, i wish i had a whole truckload full of those pills.

They are awesome! But I know two kids in Boston in rehab and three more that are on their way because they are knibbling in 80's all day long. If your taking down three 80's a day then there's something wrong!

oxycontin's been around a while...i'm surprised it took this long for people to start abusing and stealing it...it's really not a problem yet here in the south...i used to give it to a lot of my patients when it first came out...works really well on pain w/ fewer side effects than morphine...

:heart:

Originally posted by ultracrzy

is it the same thing as percassets(sp?)?:confused:

actually, percocet and oxycontin have the same ingredient for pain - oxycodone. percocet is more of an immediate-acting tablet, while oxycontin's tablet is sustained-release. since the oxycontin is a sustained-release product, there is actually more of the oxycodone in their tablets. for example, oxycontin 80mg vs. percocet (which only has 5mg of oxycodone + tylenol)

Originally posted by snoozi8

My father has cancer and he takes it for his pain because he doesn't want to go to the hospital for treatment, he gives himself shots at home.....but seriously....on doses of that stuff he has done things he doesn't remember doing, etc......don't fool with it...please...I love you alll it's for those who are in serious pain.....concentrate on the music don't use pain medication...

My dad is also on it to treat pain from cancer, since there are no more cancer treatments left to try. He drove on it, once. Remembered doing everything it takes to drive, but said "i was watching me do it, I didn't feel anything." SCARY shit, not as fun as you'd think. (yeah, I tried it)

ichi :rainbow:

i am not one to say anything about anyone's drug of choice...but i cannot imagine why anyone would take that?! i have heard so much bad shit...i hope anyone who does take it knows what they are doing cauase i would hate for something to happen!

Originally posted by misk

i am not one to say anything about anyone's drug of choice...but i cannot imagine why anyone would take that?! i have heard so much bad shit...i hope anyone who does take it knows what they are doing cauase i would hate for something to happen!

strictly in the name of science, m'dear! LOL - once was MORE than enough for me.

ichi :rainbow:

Originally posted by momotx

oxycontin's been around a while...i'm surprised it took this long for people to start abusing and stealing it...it's really not a problem yet here in the south...i used to give it to a lot of my patients when it first came out...works really well on pain w/ fewer side effects than morphine...

They have only been on the market for about 4 years, so it really didn't take that long to become so sought after. It is really a problem here in Mass. They are knocking over pharmacys every day, sometimes 2 or 3 times a day!

Originally posted by kking221

They have only been on the market for about 4 years, so it really didn't take that long to become so sought after. It is really a problem here in Mass. They are knocking over pharmacys every day, sometimes 2 or 3 times a day!

i saw quite a few articles about that when i visited boston 2 weeks ago...btw, holding up a pharmacy is a federal offense...