Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Wat was your favorite live performance in a club?

Without a doubt, i think it was the last saturday or second to last saturday in May. Soundfactory Forbidden Fruit Party. It was my first time at Soundfactory on a saturday. JP spun Hide U for like 45 minutes while the dancers renacted an Adam and Eve thing on stage.

Then right after that Nomad came out and performed "Wonder" with all these bongos and shit. One of the best nights of clubbing for me. UNreal.

my favorite live PA would have to be infected mushroom at World june 1st.....SICK!!!! they rocked a sick psy-trance set with Pink Floyd remixes and the whole 9....place was jumpin

as far as diva vocal performances, I guess Celeda "music is the answer" @ Dtour @ tunnel.......I didn't even realize it was a live PA till I looked up and saw her on stage singing....it was a great performance & song....

favorite live DJ set.....I would say either PVD april 13th (his last Twizzlo performance) or ....for techno - Hawtin @ buzz in DC or JEff Mills @ limelight.....both sick, I guess Mills takes the cake

Barbara Tucker doing "Beautiful People" at Velvet (circa '95?). She got into a diva smackdown with the guy doing the lights who wouldn't turn them down so that her flashlight show could have full effect. When all was said and done Barbara got her way and it was all good. I think she did "Deep Down Inside" that night too. Classic.

rob

kernkraft 400 performing zombie nation. it was last october at exit. i know the song was already mad played out by then, but i had no clue they were gonna be there that nite..actually mel c. was supposed to be there and she didnt show up. but the place was goin absolutely nuts. they were dressed up in these wierd ass zombie/alien outfits w/ crazy masks and shit. it was the most amazing thing to watch all fucked up. they were on for like an hour it seemed. i was standing on the second floor looking over the balcony..and there was just thousands of people on the dancefloor all jumping up and down, goin nuts, and EVERYONE in the whole place was chanting.

Everyone is probably going to laugh at me...but I'm going to be honest.

I think it was in 1997 at EXPO nightclub....it was a live performance by DOGGY FRESH. He was so wild and crazy. He really got the crowd going. Everyone was jumpin up and down with their hands in the air. It was great!!!

Does anyone remember?? "IF you have real finger nails, real hair....." :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Originally posted by neena16

Everyone is probably going to laugh at me...but I'm going to be honest.

I think it was in 1997 at EXPO nightclub....it was a live performance by DOGGY FRESH. He was so wild and crazy. He really got the crowd going. Everyone was jumpin up and down with their hands in the air. It was great!!!

Does anyone remember?? "IF you have real finger nails, real hair....." :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

yo we saw dougy fresh @ Albany, he definately knows how to get the crowd movin.w/his beatboxing @ freestyle skills.....noone should laugh at that, he's the man!!!...well if we include all live performances I'd include him, the fugees, Jay-Z, dave matthews @ woodstock, billy Joel @ MSG, rollin stones, damn....I think we were limiting it to clubs, huh?

The best performace I have ever seen, and I really think it will be hard to beat was Okenfold at Hammerstein last year for Thanksgiving night "Trance Giving".

It was the best show I have ever been to. The venue was great the vibe was awsome and the music was increadible. I was there with about 15 heads on the balcony and not one of us was rolling or anything crazy, just some herb....

I did not make it to see him this Sat at World, I heard it was'nt that great....OH Well,

If I don't see a show better than that one, I won't be surprised....