Clubplanet Nightlife Community

The Tunnel

u dont have to be a dick. obviously this person doesnt go on this board too much, considering this is their first post. not everyone knows everything that goes on with nyc nitelife at every second. its a valid question for someone who just doesnt know.

so lexis, the tunnel is officially closed, no more parties. LL though was bought by someone else, so it will continue to be open.

LL was bought by John Blair et. al., so it'll be around for a while... with better lighting and sound in the works, I'm hoping! LOL

As for Tunnel, it's closed for good because the landlord refuses to have another nightclub come into the space. Something about money to be made off residential redevelopment, or something. 27th st, R.I.P.

Originally posted by ichi_gami

LL was bought by John Blair et. al., so it'll be around for a while... with better lighting and sound in the works, I'm hoping! LOL

As for Tunnel, it's closed for good because the landlord refuses to have another nightclub come into the space. Something about money to be made off residential redevelopment, or something. 27th st, R.I.P.

Tunnel closed forever???? Damn I thought it was gonna be closed for a while. But re-open eventually. But damn I can't believe it's closed forever.

no1 was gonna miss that place more then me, i was there the good n the bad . oh well i think this club closing is a shadow of where the nyc club scene is going. some1 please bring back a party with a ton of vibe, spirit, and fun. please bring us a place where the music matters. n thats why the people go,no because thats where the deallers r:blown:

As i wipe a tear from my eye.:( I am officially homeless. All I can say is that all good things must come to an end. I will never forget all the ill ass nights up in that place. R.I.P. my fair love............................................:cry: :cry:

I AM STILL THE TUNNELBANDIT DAMMITT :D

Originally posted by jaysea

the fuzzy room!! awww :*(

that sucks about the land lord, ill be looking into that

its the last Amazing space left in this city

how SAD

the ERA of smaller clubs unfolds...

blah

Where else in the world could an unused subway station become a preeminent nightclub? You're right Jaysea, it is the era of the smaller clubs... for one major reason. They cost less to set up, so as the city shuts one down, another can spring up. real estate is too valuable now to let any massive space get used for a nightclub - noise 2 nights out of the week, they say, instead of a thousand bedrooms each night of the week. Do the math! If, in a good scenario, you can get 1000 apartments (25 apartments on each of 40 floors is average in the city right now, at around $2,000 per month each) that's 65-70k A DAY instead of maybe the same A WEEK! Gentrification, I think it's called. Tres sad for New York City.

though i have not really gone to TUNNEL since the D-Tour days of Danny Tenaglia (back in 1998) i have so many memories there....unfortunately its all over now.....even though i did not go there anymore it hurts to know that its goin to b closing now....i really hate Guilliani and im glad that his power in this city is soon going to b over......thankfully, soon instead of saying RIP tunnel or RIP twilo...etc....we can soon say RIP Guilliani era...die u bastard die....nah.....well nitelife is in the calm b4 the storm now...cause mark my words....NYC will rise again and b the king city of clubbing once again....o how i wait for the days....well just another club to add to the list.....RIP Tunnel, RIP Twilo, what is next...Vinly, Factory..........or rebirth.......!?

the tunnel was like home for me,lol i used to work there w/ a buddy of mine. sad to see it go........but i rest the blame of the tunnel closing on peter gaiten and unfortunate incidents. twilo was giuliani.....damn that bastard. exit is leaving us, becoming earth, what the fuck is earth,lol websterhall is still around, factory still here. thank god

Originally posted by lexis

the tunnel was like home for me,lol i used to work there w/ a buddy of mine. sad to see it go........but i rest the blame of the tunnel closing on peter gaiten and unfortunate incidents. twilo was giuliani.....damn that bastard. exit is leaving us, becoming earth, what the fuck is earth,lol websterhall is still around, factory still here. thank god

Oh, lexis, there are so many good clubs gone before Twilo and Giulianism hit us, you'd weep if you knew. Lament Carbon, the club that stood in the spot of Exit not so very long ago. Cry for Palladium, for Studio 54, or The Ritz, if you prefer, or System, Danceteria, Expo, and a whole host of others. Or think about how those clubs helped the scene evolve, and go shake yer ass at the best we have now. Webster Hall is still here, Roxy, Sound Factory, Limelight (Do you think John Blair and his crew are going to do anything but run/make it better?), Pyramid... smaller clubs like Centro-Fly, Vinyl, and a zillion lounges are all open for business... try some of them out sometime, too!

Yeah, I'm one of the nostalgics here, but times change, and people change. The scene was different, I guess, more underground. Does that make it better? To me, yes. To others? Absolutely not! Hell, there was a night @ Twilo a few years ago where our beloved Ms. Junya failed to show, and the management put on a pre-recorded DAT!! And toward the end of the night, an anonymous DJ manned the decks to close it out - not very many people noticed! Can you imagine that happening today?

So while we remember the "good old" we should also be out looking to make the "good new."

ichi_oldbeforehistime :rainbow:

Originally posted by fuclubkidd

omg CARBON....omg EXPO....omg PALLADIUM.....the list just keeps on growin.....i miss all those places.......when will night life return to us?

hey, how about Save The Robots or The Bank? OK, now I'm just makin myself sound WAY older than I am... LOL, ID's meant nothing way back when!

ichi :rainbow: