Clubplanet Nightlife Community

dancing sober

Lately i've been finding that i like dancing best either completely sober(not counting 'natural' stimulants like red bull/ephedrine) or nearly so(a bump or 2 late in the nite). Really, the few good djs in the ny area seem to create a playful enuf vibe, that drugs, really, arent necessary. go figure!! any thoughts??

Originally posted by vt2be

about 60 % of the times i go clubbing i go completely sober and i have just as much fun, if not more so cause i remember things more clearly, hehehe.

irene

60%

hehehehehehehehe...............

sometimes, purity is the only way.

I go out clubbing sober everytime (well I smoke and usually pop a Stacker ) - maybe on a very very special occasion will I pop a pill.

For me it's soooo much better -- I close out everytime and troop it with everyone who is all fucked up -- but I don't need the drugs....

I'm happiest when I am in a zone dancing listening to the beats and not talking......I can zone out and dance for hours on end and my friends just know to leave me alone.

Honestly, I've been going out sober for about a year and a half now and there are so many advantages. First you can dance and second you can remember the sets.....

Before I started going out sober I could be out for a night and come home and not remember one damn track -- it's like why did you go out if you weren't going to listen to the music - I could of just done this at home for free...ya know what I mean?

And lastly i get a lot of props from people -- they respect a hard core clubber who is really into the scene who doesn't need drugs --

all in all it's a good thing! TRY IT!!!

I go sober all the time, never done any type a drug in my life, dotn even take stackers or drink red bull. All I need is hard beats and am fine, but as soon as i hear trance I tend to fall asleep lol...I definately need the hard house/hardcore, etc....that will keep me up and moving till closing...;)

Originally posted by foxyroxy20

I go sober all the time, never done any type a drug in my life, dotn even take stackers or drink red bull. All I need is hard beats and am fine, but as soon as i hear trance I tend to fall asleep lol...I definately need the hard house/hardcore, etc....that will keep me up and moving till closing...;)

Cause you are my girl!!!!! LOL..

me on the other hand..well i like my stuff...LMAO..but sober Ive done as well....cant stay dancing hard as long..but still have fun...

Originally posted by peache5030

Cause you are my girl!!!!! LOL..

me on the other hand..well i like my stuff...LMAO..but sober Ive done as well....cant stay dancing hard as long..but still have fun...

somteimes you feel like a nut.. sometimes you dont' ;)

yea i go out sober all the time.. but theres also times where i'll binge as well.. can't really compare the two i dont' think.. each are great imo.. if you *can't* go out w/o drugs i think ya need to step back for a minute and take a look at what it is your doing.. i've had friends like that.. drifted away from the scene b/c they didnt' know how to do it sober.. i'll tell ya though.. i've had many a sober nites where the atmosphere as a whole made me feel like i was flyin..

sure is great though walking out of a club in the mornign or even afternoon and being sober though...

my longest sober marathon.. DT/Cox this year.. 11-2 :)

Back in the days I used to get pretty messy. Hits, Jars, whatever.

Now, I go totally sober and I love it.

As long as the music is pumpin I can go all night/morning/afteroon.

I love SF. Been going for years. Now that I go sober, I love it just the same. I like having my wits about me and being straight as an arrow because I remember the way it used to feel in there when I didn't..

I don't knock people who use. Once in a blue moon I'll fall off the wagon myself. Its the people who get totally mangled that make me laugh.

If your only going out to get F'ed up, thats your perogative.

I'm tellin you though, if you really like the music and like to dance as much as I do and have never gone sober TRY IT! I think you'll be pleasantly surpised..

I am always blazed going into clubs, I don't count that as being fucked up though.. I like going sober and just chillin wit my friends. Plus i usually drive in from jerz so i gotta have my head straight, the tunnel just buggs me out in the morning sometimes when i am fucked up. lol . On special occasions i like to pop illz but dats it.:)

I've started to go out sober more and more and I notice that later in the night/morning while others around me are starting to come down and leaving, I still have the energy to keep going (if the beats are kicking). Not to knock the e experience...everything has its place.

sober is sooo much better....u can appreciate everything so much more!! and it is kinda fun to see how retarted everyone else acts! lol...if i am local and not making it a LATENIGHT i'll get my drink on! but when i go to the city...it is definitely a sober night...maybe a cup of coffee before a nice big glass of coke inside!!

i have the biggest urge to dance the night AFTER i trip. if get a couple hours sleep and then take an energy pill when i wake up, i can't sit still, all i wanna do is dance like i was the night before. i find that if i go out i can last until the next afternoon. it's like im STILL kinda tripping. if i have a couple drinks on top of that, im wired. :eek: :eek: :eek:

sumtimes when i go out sober, i get people asking me the next day...."wtf were you on??" they tell me i was dancing and smiling like i dropped 5 pills.

moral is, you can have just as much fun going out sober. sumtimes its hard cuz im thinking how fun it would be to trip, but you just have to get your mind of the drugs and make your best effort to have fun.

i break it up, cuz tripping ever time gets too monotonous and very quickly boring and i dont think going sober evey time is any more fun. i trip for like 1 or 2 wks and then go sober for 1 or 2.

and also those people who trip only in the clubs. i think it's bad to associate clubs w/ drugs. try it w/ your friends at home or at the zoo or museum or sumtin, then you see wat its all about, you're not going to want to get fucked up in clubs so much anymore. you will realize there are much more interesting environments for it.

:D :D

Originally posted by bkissa

sumtimes when i go out sober, i get people asking me the next day...."wtf were you on??" they tell me i was dancing and smiling like i dropped 5 pills.

moral is, you can have just as much fun going out sober. sumtimes its hard cuz im thinking how fun it would be to trip, but you just have to get your mind of the drugs and make your best effort to have fun.

I've had that said to me too. I've danced my ass off all night and people would think i popped mad pillz.

Originally posted by teklord310

Now that i'm 21 I drink more when I go out, but for the most part i'm sober. If the DJ can dish it out, i'm happy either way. Doesn't matter to me. This way I remember more too :tongue:

I'll be 21 in October 30th, and I intend on going to Factory to see Peters for the first time that Saturday... what do you suggest... sober, drunk, or mangled?