Clubplanet Nightlife Community

My Review Of World On Sunday Night

I ARRIVED AT WORLD AT ABOUT 11:45 AND GOT IN ON A GUESTLIST. THE PLACE HAD ALOT OF PEOPLE INSIDE AND EVERYONE SEEMED TO HAVE A GOOD TIME. I LIKED THE SPECIAL PERFORMANCE BY RICH LUZZI WHEN HE SANG "YOUR THE ONE". HE PERFORMED VERY WELL AND THE CROWD WAS GOING CRAZY FOR HIM. THE NIGHT ENDED WHEN I LEFT AT 6AM. TIME FLEW BY SO FAST....I HAD A GOOD TIME.....MY OVERALL IMPRESSION IS THAT I LIKED THE CLUB.

WHAT ABOUT ANYONE ELSE? WHAT WAS YOUR IMPRESSION?

Originally posted by bkissa

jester it was terrible, im never coming back to world.

Was the problem with the venue itself, or with the people who put on the party, i.e. the way the event went or was organized? I'm sure that parties/nights at the World are not always like how it was at this annual (or semi-annual) event that usually changes location.

Originally posted by jester22

I ARRIVED AT WORLD AT ABOUT 11:45 AND GOT IN ON A GUESTLIST. THE PLACE HAD ALOT OF PEOPLE INSIDE AND EVERYONE SEEMED TO HAVE A GOOD TIME. I LIKED THE SPECIAL PERFORMANCE BY RICH LUZZI WHEN HE SANG "YOUR THE ONE". HE PERFORMED VERY WELL AND THE CROWD WAS GOING CRAZY FOR HIM. THE NIGHT ENDED WHEN I LEFT AT 6AM. TIME FLEW BY SO FAST....I HAD A GOOD TIME.....MY OVERALL IMPRESSION IS THAT I LIKED THE CLUB.

WHAT ABOUT ANYONE ELSE? WHAT WAS YOUR IMPRESSION?

Are you kidding me? I walked in at a little earlier then you...the place was empty. The venue itself sucked..all those cheasy tv's and playing the matrix. WTF? The way it was set up with the hip hop shoved on the other side sucked. You could barely hear the m music without hearing the other side. The hh dj's sucked too...music stopped here and there...you could barely hear the music and they could barely keep the crowd awake. The house side wasn't that bad..the performances had a bad responce. Even Rich Luzzi..although I liked the song, his performance sucked.

In general...I think the event sucked big time, so I had to make it fun...I had a lot better time at teen nites over World.

Originally posted by karch

The stupidest thing I saw was those Asian girl and boy bands....what the hell was that all about????

Well, though you may not know... being that this event was promoted primarily by and to Asians (well, Asian-Americans), it's sorta to be expected to have performances by Asian-Ams. The ones who performed probably have some kind of following, and if they don't, then I guess the promoters/organizers knew about them and thought that they deserved a chance to show their stuff (for better or for worse, I guess).

the asian pop groups were probably 2 groups that just got record deals, and are putting out a cd, and are doing these shows for exposure. dont forget, this is how all the boybands of today, like BSB and NSYNC got started. they went around do different clubs, doin a couple songs just to get noticed. they all gotta start somewhere, but it def didnt fit into the rest of the nite. there was no need for like an hour of pop music. i was pretty pissed off. actually i left and went to the hip hop side. the main room's gotta be really bad for me to go to the hip hop room. i was so glad when it was over.

TONY, WE COULD DEFINITELY DO A MEETUP. I HAVE TO TALK TO MY FRIENDS AND SEE HOW MANY PEOPLE WE HAVE GOING. I WAS THINKIN OF DOING MY OWN LIST BUT I MIGHT JUST JUMP ONTO YOURS AND HOOK U UP! I LET YOU KNOW LATER IN THE WEEK HOW MANY I GOT GOING AND WE CAN PICK A MEETUP SPOT! SEND ME A PM IF ANYTHING CHANGES.....

:rolleyes:

My friend told me Sunday night was pretty good. Plus, this Friday isnt gonna be anything like that. It was a "hot import night" Sunday, which is usually strickly asian promoters using the venue. This Friday is going to be totally different, its the official opening of the club itself.

Club WORLD Fridays, and every Friday

The "SAUCE" Guestlist for reduced admission.

Originally posted by karch

World sucked a lot. I hated the venue. Didn't even feel like a club. At least now I know how it's like. The stupidest thing I saw was those Asian girl and boy bands....what the hell was that all about????

I didnt like world...I mean it was ok, I have not a friggin clue as to what was up with the Asian boy and girl bands. My friends were yelling the whole time that they were up to put the "REAL" music back on....I dont think anyone appreciated that but shit I go to a club to hear good ass music not to see BOY and GIRL bands....:confused: