Clubplanet Nightlife Community

DT kicked ass :)

pod

Danny was phenomenal. I love how he interacts with the crowd. He's the only DJ I know who can effectively talk on the PA...it's always something insightful not just "Make some noise!!!!!!!" or whatever...

Good tracks, I loved that "Free Your Mind" one he dropped, calling it a 'future classic'...I wish he dropped some real classics while I was there, though I'm sure he's doing it right as I type..:)

The crowds were decent until around 8:30 when I left, I mainly left since I did the whole night sober, and Space was starting to turn into crackhead city kinda too fast for my taste. I had a hard time ferreting out the real Danny fans (aside from the CP Crew!) at that time...plus I was there since 11:30, so I was about to drop!

But bravo to Danny for another job well done! Come back anytime :).

Nice to see everyone too, it was good to have a good weekend again :)

DT sucked ass

Dick Taster was an absolute joke. All the talk, all the hype and once again another disappointment from a crowd pleaser. This clown had me snooze mode the the whole the night. DT needs to shut his mouth (nice lisp buddy), save it with the flashlights, and put his little smiley faces away and haul ass out of town! As for the crowd @ Space....an absolute disgrace. If I was from out of town and didn't know who Tefaglia was, I would have thought Space was a gay club. DT drove them in by the herds. DT sucked, the crowd sucked each other off and all the girls that were 10's inside turned into 2's with the reality of sunlight out on the patio... what a waste of time!!!

I think that last couple remarks were a little harsh. The night was what you made of it; you've got make your own party. DT isn't my favorite DJ in the world (a little too housy), but I still think he put on a great set. Last night (this morning) he was all over the place- really playing up to the crowd. The crowd was pretty diverse-- I thought it was worse when Digweed spun, anyone remember?

All in all....it was a great time- I got a little too f@%ked up, but that's what happens when you start early.

We need to quit bitchin' and just enjoy the ride.

Hope everyone got their $ moneys worth....................

Well well well, where to start?

Went to DT (Dick Tease) last night, the night started off ok got there around 1. DT just doesn't do it for me he like Dgat said had me hitting the snooze button all night. For the time I was there his big blow up was Superfreakon, it was ok nothing special. Then he would get on the mic and give some little motivation speech like "Everyone's just being thereself at Space" - GAY!! I don't want to hear some short fat guy with a lisp talking over and over during a set. Atleast i got a good laugh out of his voice. I left around 7ish, I just couldn't take it anymore. By that time everyone in the place was doing every drug on the table and in the blue room all I could see was a sea of fags blowing each other up. As for girls, the only good ones were losers so fucked up on drugs they couldn't even walk. Not my cup of tea. Have to say my favorite part of the night is when the sunrises on the patio. Heres how it works: I go to my friends, "Hey its 6:30 lets go to the patio for 10's to 2's. We all smile and laugh and head out there and laugh at the fact that we actually thought all those girls looked good inside. It is quite funny you should try it sometime. Space is getting a break for a while from me, until 2 real dj's come to town PVD and Tiesto.

All in all the music was to housy and boring for me, and i had to ask the bartender if i was really at Space, I thought I might have made a wrong turn and went to the Copa instead. But, much to my dismay I really was at Space :(....

Well thank god I didn't go see Digger's!! That just proves a theory that the "House" scene is nothing more than gays and drugs. It's definetely not all about the "Music" when it comes to the likes of house dj's!!

BTW...DT has got to be shitting me blowin' up the horn to "superfreakon"....ridic!!!!! get a clue

WOW .. dgat are you serious? or are you kidding me? either or, I just see that you dont have what it takes to appreciate good muzik, not that I thought you had taste to begin with. You just dont understand, it's ok really, keep on ... and speaking of the likes of John Digweed, if DT sucked, that wouldnt be his favorite dj ... DT set was phenominal, Ive never seen someone who interacts with the crowd as much as he dose. running around the booth, screaming, dancing, having a good time, thats a world class dj buddy ......

Originally posted by dgat

DT sucked ass

Dick Taster was an absolute joke. All the talk, all the hype and once again another disappointment from a crowd pleaser. This clown had me snooze mode the the whole the night. DT needs to shut his mouth (nice lisp buddy), save it with the flashlights, and put his little smiley faces away and haul ass out of town! As for the crowd @ Space....an absolute disgrace. If I was from out of town and didn't know who Tefaglia was, I would have thought Space was a gay club. DT drove them in by the herds. DT sucked, the crowd sucked each other off and all the girls that were 10's inside turned into 2's with the reality of sunlight out on the patio... what a waste of time!!!

So why did you go????

I thought DT was amazing!!!:)

I'm suprised to see these harsh reviews from some of the people that attended. I feel like we went to different events. The music was relentless! He just would not stop. He even had to give us a chance to rest at one point.

I did think the crowd was weird though, not because of it being a mixed crowd (I thought that was kind of cool), but because of how drugged up everyone seemed to be :o.

I can't wait till he comes back...

PEACE :tongue:

Dgat and Jonny must be masochists then...I've left parties before I didn't like, even if I paid good money to get in.

Again, I must say though to the gruesome twosome. It's miami. We have a strong gay presence here, it's the reality of the situation...if you want hetero-only clubbing the best I can recommend is Detroit or some other wasteland up north.

Trance, Techno, House, it all has roots in the gay community.

A DJ who interacts is a good thing. I hate it when a DJ/performer just hunches up there with his vinyl and gear and doesn't acknowledge the crowd or do any sort of interaction...PvD is a prime example. He is mega-talented at what he does for sure, but I've never once seen him interact with the crowd at any of his shows...he just sits up there, spins, and goes home. Even normally dour DJs like Sasha acknowledge the crowds once in awhile...

Damn. I don't like his sound either but dude..... The only reason I could imagine that you stayed was because of the cover. Even then I would have been outta there quick. And the crowd...LMAO!! Sorry you found out the hard way. What did you expect. Fuckin Miami....Half the people there are followers and are not into DT anyways, just like everywhere else.

I stayed so long for 2 reasons, (1) the cover, and (2) in hopes of him picking up the music. What can I say not my style. Different stroked for different folks. Enough was enough when everywhere I turned someone drugged out of there mind. I do agree he was interacting with crowd like I have never seen a dj do before, but the music didn't do it for me. I have never seen PVD in person except at Ultra, but I did see Tiesto last time he was @ Space and he was interacting with the crowd just a much as DT minus the flashlights. CYA

hey pod, you want crowd interaction with PVD how about him blowin' up the crowd with "Members of Mayday" back in May!! One of the most memorable songs of the night simply because of the crowd interaction, so I do agree with you about interaction with the crowd being important, but if you don't have a clue about what's going then shut your mouth!

#1 I got fucked into spending $50 to see this shit, and from all the hype and the fact DT was spinning 14hrs, I figured his set had to pick it up at some point, so I gave it some time! As time went by the whole scene became comical!! From DT's lisp, morons dancing there asses off with no recognition to the bpm's, all of the drugged up losers, sluzzuts falling out having to be carried out of the place, and the herd of fags!!

#2 It's evident Miami/SOBE, has it's gay scene. I realize this having lived here my entire life, but the DT scene was ridic, it was like Federation night at Level took over Space. There is never a seen like that for a trance set.

#3 If you think I'm gay bashing, maybe I am, but I don't give a fuck. Wouldn't god have to be a gay basher too then because according to the good book he's not in favor of that lifestyle. And didn't Florida just pass a law forbidding homosexual marriages!! I mean, if the government doesn't allow it, and the church says it's wrong, why should I have to put up with these genetically imbalanced people parading all over the place!!

#4 I'm just voicing my opinion about DT and the scene these "house" music events seem to draw in!! DT isn't for me and I will never see him again. The fact that no one on this board can deal with the fact that there are other opinions out there, and even though in your alterted state of consciousness in your drugged up mind you feel that there is noway anybody could possibly disagree with your feelings about DT, or any other topic for that matter is just pure biased horseshit!!!

:confused: How do you reply to something like that? This thread is heading in a downward spiral, to a place I don't need to go. I am officially out of this debate!

***As far as gay men and drugs at the clubs: have you been to NYC, LA, or London? You'll be hard pressed to avoid it.

dgag and the "other" bashers, b/c of your previous posts, this does not surprise me one bit. but i'll give u some advice...just stop posting now because your words hold zero value. you obviously have no idea what REAL music is about. where music originates from. or who the truly talented dj's are. PVD is WAAAAYYYYY overrated. but then again, i'm not surprised that you're on his jock either. i'm sure you were underneath the console when oakenfold was here too. so give it up man.

DT was absolutely amazing. the track selection, the interaction with the crowd, the flashlights, and even the horn; just added to the amazing vibe. the crowd what can I say; not your typical space crowd.. straight, gay, black, white, high, sober, etc.; all just grooving to the music. thus creating an outrageous vibe; like I haven’t felt at space; since wmc. major props to the cp crew, you folks are the bomb. as far as the comments, from dgat, and johnny13, sorry you had such a bad experience. however, I wonder how much of your comments, are your true feelings. could this be more of the insightfulness; we’ve come to expect from you? anyway, thanks to DT for keeping it real..

peace, sobeton

Originally posted by johnny13

Then he would get on the mic and give some little motivation speech like "Everyone's just being thereself at Space"

Exactly!

But isn't that what it really is all about?

Gay, straight, old, young, 10's, 2's, terrible dancers, good dancers, people who just sit and listen to danny's set ;) ...

who gives a fuck!

No judging, no closemindedness, no problems, no bs...

Check that shit out at the door, come in, and let's just have a good time. :)

I think that's what DT wants to convey w/ his message.

As for the fact that DT was interacting w/ the crowd and having a good time only shows that the man does what he does cause he loves it... Not just to go in, spin, make some $$$, and then leave.

That is a true artist.

Overall, I had a great time... I'm glad I got to hang out w/ the cp crew that night. You guys are a great bunch.

I mean, if the government doesn't allow it, and the church says it's wrong, why should I have to put up with these genetically imbalanced people parading all over the place!!

The government forbids a lot of things. It doesn't mean they're right. If you had a iota of intelligence you'd realize that the laws are arbitrary and can be ignored at will. A lot of sexual acts you yourself may even perform will get you tossed in the clink down here. Don't get me started on the Church hypocrisy...

And yeah, why should you have to put up with them? Just leave next time your delicate sensibilites are offended!

Oh, and I've seen Paul many a time, and he just stood there pretty much. Either it's just the way he is Stateside, or what you saw was a fluke.

I think that having a good time depends a lot on the group you are hanging out with and of course the music. DT was spinning pretty good tunes though I spent half the time out in the patio with my girl. I have to say that the crowd was not too good but the few friends I saw there made feel comfortable and had a good time. To all CP members that I didn't get to see, till next time.

ciao

Lalo