Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Pete vs. Andre

dw

Did anyone see it?

Wow, incredible match!

The ending was a bit anticlimatic, as both players were missing shots, and I was expecting at least 5 sets, if not 5 tiebreakers, but still...

It was great seeing Pete play so well again

Was anyone lucky enough to have a ticket to see it in person?

match was definatly off the hook!! loved every minute of it. i really wish it would have went into a 5th set, but what can you do. if andre didnt miss that last shot i thought he would have pulled out the set. guess we just gotta wait till next year.

peace out

giann

Originally posted by momadance

i just goy home from it and it was the best match ive ever seen in my life, there were no service brakes the whole match, none, just 4 tie breaker sets. truly a shame someone had to lose

yea, i hear ya. Especially when its two players like that and its not even the finals. Having a whole game without any service breaks is just unheardof. did anyone listen to McEnroe at the end talking, he goes " You know that channel that has all those classic sports moments, well if you missed this match its being replayed on that station right now" in a few years it will def be on that channel.

peace out

gianni

Originally posted by ggfella4

You know that channel that has all those classic sports moments, well if you missed this match its being replayed on that station right now" in a few years it will def be on that channel.

peace out

gianni

On the way out of the staduim, i said 'this is gonna be on classic sports network, it might even be an instant classic'

It was a good match, but boring at times cuz no one broke the other. They pretty much played all the points back and forth til the tie breaks...... for 4 sets!! And I thought Agassi was holding back or something cuz his serve speeds were pretty low with only a few here or there he really leaned into.

I started out by watching from the upper tier. Almost snagged seats right by Bridgette Wilson by the start of the 3rd set. But ended up sitting like 10 rows behind the chair umpire. =D Not my fave perspective, but great seats nonetheless.

Originally posted by maximazero

It was a good match, but boring at times cuz no one broke the other. They pretty much played all the points back and forth til the tie breaks...... for 4 sets!! And I thought Agassi was holding back or something cuz his serve speeds were pretty low with only a few here or there he really leaned into.

well, compared to Pete's serve (which is not quite as fast as Andy Roddick's, among others), Andre's serve speeds are pretty low :)

Pete sure brought it on with some 118-mph second serves! Funny how the commentators were talking about how he had a streak of getting an ace right after double-faulting. At one point after a double fault, Pete missed a first serve, and I think both Robinson and McEnroe thought the streak was over. But then he got an ace on the second serve!

I thought the match was quite interesting when both guys had their few chances to break serve, but then whoever was serving would come up with a great play.

Let's see if Pete can beat Safin, and thereby defeat last three 3 US Open champs back-to-back-to-back