Clubplanet Nightlife Community

new club on long island called twilo...

scoob-e

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by cesarleo

"its kinda hard to have a banging club on the island cause no big time dj's wanna spin here...and if they do its only for 2 hours and secondly the club is only allowed to stay open until 4am anyway.. i have yet herd of a long island club being open past 4 and even when they are packed out all night some how they still manage to die out by 3:30 anyway"

I beg to differ. Some LI clubs stay open past 4....of course usually for special occasions. But let's look at the situation a bit. How many of you have heard the city being real good lately.....not me. How many afterhours clubs still exist.....not too many....what DJ's have I heard on LI for longer than 2 hours.....Johnny V., Ojeda, Boris, Draper, Junior Vasquez, Danny Tenaglia, Razor & Guido of course, J. Time, Shawn Ink off the top of my head. Getting DJ's to spin there isn't the problem if you ask me......it's getting a decent club setup with a key location for parking, access and timing.....I think now is the chance with the WTC tragedy and all people have been avoiding the city. (I heard Cyberia was packed on Fri.):cool:

How is Cyberia on Friday nights??????? Whats the crowd like?

"just plane evil...i wonder if bin laden is behind this as well?"

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: couldn't help but laugh...too funny. Cyberia friday "For LI" isn't bad at all. It's always best in the fall when summer ends and people are getting back to normal mode....and b/c of the WTC tragedy I heard it's been real good. Ojeda spins...usually a Factory like crowd with some clowns here and there but overall fun. Yeah the sound and lights aren't the best but the space is nice and for cheaper drinks than the city and the convience factor I give it a thumbs up IMO!:tongue:

Mos Def. i regret one night in February planning to go c carl cox, my Man on the decks, and me and my girl fergot out ATM... AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I'm still kickin myself in da ass for that...

Twilo was THE place for deep, basey and happy music.

Although 5.0 came by to "hang out " in may- june, adding to the uncomfortability meter, that place will live on in my dance shoes

LONG LIVE TWILO, , , BE THERE FOR THE REOPENING WHENEVER:D

Originally posted by apotheosis

and the Long Island folk think the dirty city is full of drugged out losers that go there to just get fucked up.

and so on and so on...

Def not true**I'm long Island folk and I don't go to Long Island clubs. When I go to a club I'm not wasting my time or money in Long Island unless its the Hamptons** So I am always in the city*Can't top Manhattan night life**

Originally posted by xtcgirlie

Def not true**I'm long Island folk and I don't go to Long Island clubs. When I go to a club I'm not wasting my time or money in Long Island unless its the Hamptons** So I am always in the city*Can't top Manhattan night life**

hell yeah.. some people just make generalizations about people they don't know.. i've never met a person on LI who thought the city was just a bunch of drugged out losers.. WTF

how the hell could any place other than 530 w. 27th call itself twilo!?!?!?!?!?! its fuc%ing disrespectful!! The real twilo was a place that can never be duplicated...the ball, the phazon, just material things, it was the vibe. Walking in at 5 and just feeling the outside world melt away, those who were there know what im talkin about...somebody should just firebomb this new place...

-_-MiKeY-_-

My friend I'm not saying every club on LI is bad cause I've only been to one or two and it's been a while so I'm not going to make generalizations, but THIS IS JUST WRONG:mad: WRONG:mad: WRONG:mad:

Any club worth it's salt can get thier own name, I've never heard of an imitation club that was anywhere near as good as the original, with the posible exception of the 2nd round at studio 54, I mean come on if the club is so great it could get it's own name. Stirke out it's own path to greatness, not just be a crude comparisson.

Originally posted by kkeot

My friend I'm not saying every club on LI is bad cause I've only been to one or two and it's been a while so I'm not going to make generalizations, but THIS IS JUST WRONG:mad: WRONG:mad: WRONG:mad:

Any club worth it's salt can get thier own name, I've never heard of an imitation club that was anywhere near as good as the original, with the posible exception of the 2nd round at studio 54, I mean come on if the club is so great it could get it's own name. Stirke out it's own path to greatness, not just be a crude comparisson.

maybe it has the same owners as the city one? probly not, i'm just sayin

disgusting...

$1500 giveaway? Random superstar DJ from Ibiza that no one's ever heard of? Thong contest? Hot Body contest?

hahaha....yeah, there's the credibility rating shooting up the roof.

The Twilo dancers? what? Ripping off graphics from a diesel advert, what? I wonder if they ever bothered to deal w/ the fact that it's illegal.

Some people say exit or SF is tacky but I don't recall them holding some of this crap.

I swear, it's usually bad to insult people from a locale but how are these lovely people not asking for it?

Escape from reality, trip to eternity my ass.

Oh, it's "where muzik matters"

:puke:

i live on Long Island and i promote some of the clubs out here and my opinion of them is that they suck. With the exception of the Hamptons during the summer, most of them are crappy, ghetto and filled with the drunk white trash that the island has in abundance. i like the city the best, its so much better and a lot more fun. the music also blows away and long islans music too. im not the only one the feels this way either, see how many people from long island are in exit or factory on any given friday or saturday.