Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Space This Space That

phunk303

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:eek: i was just at Space last weekend, my second time visiting the club in 2 months...hey i am from St. Louis and don't have such a great club at my disposal every weekend!! in august i was at the mekka tour that space held...... that was incredible, although we couldnt get inside due to the crowds waiting to get in..... this past weekend the door staff were incredible, i say if you are having problems getting in you should check a mirror and look at the way you present yourself....... if you go to a club with a crappy attitude you are gonna get a crappy attitude in return!!! walk up, be dressed nice, have some females with you.... shake hands with the peopel working the door, smile and walk right in like the group i was with did!!! as for inside the club...INCREDIBLE!!!! the sound, the lights.....AMAZING.... the music..o.k., but hey i prefer my music a little harder than whats played in miami!!! but for what is being spun there its FLAWLESS!!! DJ Stingray was in one of the rooms when we were there tearing shit up!!!! Roland was laying down some PHAT ASS TUNES in the red room!!! have no idea who was in the main room, but he was laying down some great beats!!! the guys running the lights were amazing!!!! I have seen some great clubs around the country and Space and Crobar and Level in Miami are at or near the TOP!!! feel very fortunate that you have the club scene that you do!!! i live in a small midwestern town where peoples ideas of clubbing is doing the macarena or gettin jiggy with some old Will Smith!!! thank god for ST.LOUIS and the great Music Scene we have or i would be in a mental hostpital...... be glad you have the quality you have in the clubs being run there and if you want the club to change....change yourself first .... clubbing should be about the friendships you are making, the atmosphere you are enjoying and the music being played....... POD...thanks for taking the time to talk to us at Crobar and we will PARTY next time i am in town!!!!! and to the security guy George running the VIP in the main room!!!! you fucking rock dude!! keep that flashlight shining on them hot GIRLIES ASSES BRO!!!!!! Thanks to Space, Crobar and the staffs of both for an incredible evening!!! Chad

lmao i didnt say that was MY IDEA of clubbing..... i have lived all over the U.S. i have been clubbing and listening to Electronic Music for A LONG TIME..... i used to be involved pretty heavily in the underground rave scene back in the late 80's early 90's when that meant someone breaking into a place big enough to hold a few thousand people and throw up a party !!!! i have been to clubs all over the U.S., spent a great deal of time in Orlando, Las Vegas, Cleveland, New Orleans, Memphis, St. Louis,and now i am exploring Miami and next is New York, Chicago, and then off to Ibiza...... i am learning to run the lights at a club here in St. Louis.... i like my music as underground as i can find!!!! i guess this all comes from being the child of a Disco Queen from the 70's thats what i grew up on and i saw how much fun she was having while i was growing up!! so i naturally was intrigued by the club scene!!! not everyone from the midwest wears bibs and chews tobacco!!!! just most of them!!!! C

Originally posted by ibchad71

:eek: i was just at Space last weekend, my second time visiting the club in 2 months...hey i am from St. Louis and don't have such a great club at my disposal every weekend!! in august i was at the mekka tour that space held...... that was incredible, although we couldnt get inside due to the crowds waiting to get in..... this past weekend the door staff were incredible, i say if you are having problems getting in you should check a mirror and look at the way you present yourself....... if you go to a club with a crappy attitude you are gonna get a crappy attitude in return!!! walk up, be dressed nice, have some females with you.... shake hands with the peopel working the door, smile and walk right in like the group i was with did!!! as for inside the club...INCREDIBLE!!!! the sound, the lights.....AMAZING.... the music..o.k., but hey i prefer my music a little harder than whats played in miami!!! but for what is being spun there its FLAWLESS!!! DJ Stingray was in one of the rooms when we were there tearing shit up!!!! Roland was laying down some PHAT ASS TUNES in the red room!!! have no idea who was in the main room, but he was laying down some great beats!!! the guys running the lights were amazing!!!! I have seen some great clubs around the country and Space and Crobar and Level in Miami are at or near the TOP!!! feel very fortunate that you have the club scene that you do!!! i live in a small midwestern town where peoples ideas of clubbing is doing the macarena or gettin jiggy with some old Will Smith!!! thank god for ST.LOUIS and the great Music Scene we have or i would be in a mental hostpital...... be glad you have the quality you have in the clubs being run there and if you want the club to change....change yourself first .... clubbing should be about the friendships you are making, the atmosphere you are enjoying and the music being played....... POD...thanks for taking the time to talk to us at Crobar and we will PARTY next time i am in town!!!!! and to the security guy George running the VIP in the main room!!!! you fucking rock dude!! keep that flashlight shining on them hot GIRLIES ASSES BRO!!!!!! Thanks to Space, Crobar and the staffs of both for an incredible evening!!! Chad

your delusions, of a faultless club space; are rather intriguing..

:rolleyes:

• 1 year later...

Only thing I must say, I have ever had one problem @ space. I have been going there since they opened. Great music great people. I my not this great auther of posts but i simply love the place. I allway have a great time there no matter who's spinning..I trust that space will give me the very best DJ/music @ any given time.I dont go to space to try to pick it apart. I go to space to dance my ass off and have fun lots of fun. Not hold a budwieser and bob my head..My 2cents

well hey kids i see i have missed alot:woah:...you guys know i come around sporradically..ya know, work & school n shit...but let me say i had a BLAST last night (& morning)...some people dressed up.... REAL sexy fairies & angels and kitties-

OH MY!:licker:but its all good i was the cop arresting people all night:whip2:- heheh- i took some DOPE-ASS pictures so when i develop them i'll post 'em-- i took great ones of me and all the honeys:3some:...yummy...i havent had that much fun in a while......it was great:aright: !! SMOOCHES EVERYONE!

PS. By the way i have decided not to move to ATL so its like i'm here for a while longer (at least a year)

What's happening down there? I'm wondering if this is message board drama or if Space really isn't all that it used to be...

I moved to Miami from the Northeast a few years ago and remember my first Space experience more vividly than when I lost my virginity. :love2:

I had been out at Crobar and was invited to check out an "after-hours" place with some guys I had met on the dance floor. I hadn't even planned on going out to Crobar that night -- I had been at a dinner at Tantra, was dressed up, and it was one of those adventurous evenings in a new city where one stop leads to the next depending on who you meet. So...in black jumper and high heels, I sit betwixt two dudes in a porsche boxster cruising over the causeway headed for this "after-hours" place.

We arrive at 5:45am and there was no line (looking back on it, I'm surprised.) I heard the deep sound system from outside and I'm like "Holy Shit, it's sunrise and there's progressive house still bangin' in there."

We make our way past that first black wall on the right, and Behold: THE BLUE ROOM. People everywhere. Rows and rows of speakers with people all over them. glowstickers. fog. the cool blue and green of the lights seemingly giving life to the aroma of vicks in the air. kicksteppers flowing into fluid and back out again. I was in an absolutely unbelievable place. I had never even seen one-offs like this. And the sound. THE SOUND! I later learned that what I heard was "Groove Is in the Air." What a track to lose my Space virginity to!!!!! :rock:

Then -- then...the Patio. Holy cow.

I never went anywhere else but Space -- occasionally Crobar and occasionally Level -- after that night. The next two years of clubbing there was better than anything I could have ever imagined. It didn't feel like "clubbing" to me there. It felt like a family of "ravers":what: dare I say that? who deeply cared about the music and each other.

Of special note was the July 4 2001 party where I heard Satoshi Tomiie live for the first time. That set changed my life. Anyone who doesn't book him on a regular basis is a fool. He is the essence, soul, and future of some of the best things our music has going for it.

What Space did for the scene and the music is immeasurable. Big ups to everyone who made it what it was.

Anyway, after a bunch of drama where I got laid off after 9/11 I moved back home and didn't experience Space for a few months until the WMC this past March. It had changed. The sound had piercing high frequencies and seemed to have lost some of its warmth. The big room was where blue and red used to be separate. (I personally liked the multiple-room vibe. It made the evening more of a "journey.") The bouncers wouldn't let anyone sit, and you had to fight for a place to plop your ass on the blocks near the back bar. Sorry--when I'm dancing for six straight hours, I need to sit, rolling or not!!!

I understand that a venue has to protect its ass, but it just seemed like so many of the staff were going overboard, and from what I heard, because it was WMC, it was even more relaxed than usual.

Thanks to Edgar, Oscar, David P and anyone else that is and was committed to putting prog. house and trance on the map. Those days there were the best of my life, and I hope that all you Miami peeps carry the torch and continue to stay focused on advancing the scene because I really believed it was the best in the world when I was there. Please don't take it for granted.

Peace

:rainbow: