Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Getting up in the morning

romy20

I don't know if its just me, but I have such a hard time getting up in the morning. I'll set my alarm for 8 or 9, depends, and then when it goes off, I can't get up, so i turn it off and then wind up being late!! Its sooo annoying, and no matter if I go to sleep early I'm still tired.

I mean I don't think thats normal cause its every morning!! And I even try to sleep maybe an hour or 2 during the day (sometimes when I getta chance), but even with that its the same.

So waht should i do does that happen to anyone else?

romy20

:zzz: :zzz:

I am the same way! Lately though I haven't been getting to bed at a reasonable hour so that's partially the problem. I've been late to work too many time, but since I'm one of the managers it's not as bad for me. I set my alarm clock and the alarm on my old pager, that I only keep for this reason... it's loud as hell. Oh well, I'm gonna be up all night...:shaky:

Yeah I used to have thisproblem when I worked days, it depends a little what you should try . I say first try to make sure you're getting enough sleep, but if you don't think that's the problem make sure you have a pretty loud alarm and then put it all the way across the room. This will kinda force you to get out of bed to even turn it off. Then once you get up and are already walking it's usually easier to stay up.

yeh there are different ways, i have had hard time getting up in the morning too, its just gone all of the sudden. I used to place alarm clock across the room too and I would walk to it, turn it off and go back to bed and sleep, that sucked. You can also place some little objects on the floor, so when you walk and step on it , it wakes you up. Howard Stern idea is not bad, cause your brain starts to listen and it wakes up. Never let your window be open , cause thats the worst , when you have to stand up and its cold in the room. Yeh... my college years....

Good luck

peace

Originally posted by heretic909

I used to set my alarm radio to Howard Stern. Then when it'd go off he'd annoy me so much that I would have to get up and turn him off.

HAHAHAHAHA I used to use that same tactic. Now I'm using the christian rock station. man, that'll get anyone out of bed.

Romy- I feel ya. I have such a hard time getting out of bed and it doesnt matter how much sleep I get, I always feel like crap in the morning and I just want to go back to sleep.

dont have any answers. Maybe someday I'll be able to have a coffee IV, so that the caffeine is already in my system when the alarm goes off.

i feel ya, romy

This morning, after having been to the yankee game last night till 1:00am, i felt like doody. But the thing that helped was pulling the sheets off me! It's like taking a turtle out of his shell... you don't wanna lie in bed w/out sheets!

So try that nextime you'd rather dream away...

i have the same problem too...i hate getting up in the morning..and its like if i sleep more hours during the nite am even more tired in the morning..wtf.... I was late at work almost everyday, untill my boss gave me a second warning....but its not like it helped...i was late today again....lol...figure that one out. I hate the mornings...arrrgghhhh

Cry me a river :cry:

My alarm usually goes off around 6:15am to be at work by 7:30. This week I'm extra lucky and the boss is off so I'm up at 4:30 and in by 6am.. Do you have any idea how much it sucks to watch the sun come up from your office window...

Funny thing is, I never have trouble getting up. It's becoming sociable thats the issue. Everybody in my office busts my chops and says they're afraid to talk to me b/f 11am.